Nokia Normandy’s UI, Styling & More Revealed In The Newest Leaks

The latest #-Link-Snipped-# from @evleaks on Twitter has managed to reveal the user interface of Nokia Normandy in its full glory. The user interface of Normandy seems to combine the best of Asha OS and Windows Phone 8. @evleaks has remained cryptic as usual by writing “Two ways to interact with Normandy” in the post along with the image. As you can see below, on the left you have the apps which have been organised in a Windows Phone 8 tile format and on the right you have the notification from various apps stacked in an Asha Fastlane-like format.

Nokia Normandy 1

Yesterday #-Link-Snipped-# on Twitter had revealed the styling of the Normandy. In the image we could see the matte finish of the rear along with the camera and flash. The volume rocker and the lock button are also seen.

Nokia Normandy 2

A day before that @evleaks had put up #-Link-Snipped-# showing different colour variants of the smartphone. As we had Nokia Normandy Budget Android Phone Resurfaces Yet Again - May Launch Before End-2013 the handset will be available in lime green, while, yellow, red, blue and black variants.

Nokia Normandy 3

On Sunday, an #-Link-Snipped-# of Nokia Normandy had made an appearance. The image could not reveal any more details about the phone since it was shot when the smartphone was booting.

Nokia Normandy 4

Since we now know that the Normandy project is alive, we are awaiting the launch of the smartphone which is #-Link-Snipped-# at the Mobile World Congress 2014.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Expecting a lot from the Finnish maker to make a goooood lead in it
  • Nirmal Parwate
    Nirmal Parwate
    Android from Nokia would be great!! Its just that the Microsoft deal shouldn't ruin it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally feel Nokia should continue being Nokia and stick to Windows. They've got an edge with their cameras and Windows isn't such a bad software on the phones. They should even consider pushing forward their own operating system. I however doubt that'll happen since Microsoft is in the controlling position.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Yes, I do appreciate Nokia’s Windows Phone 8, the Nokia Lumia 820 especially, which is a brilliant handset. Best display in its price range, free offline satellite navigation with voice, superb camera and not to mention sunlight legibility.

The problem I have with the Windows Phone 8 platform is its lack of games. Good Android titles like Into The Dead, Dead Trigger, Naught etc. Next is the problem with customisation, followed by lack of file permissions (the unexplained ‘Extra’ storage) and video playback (certain formats).
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    tinhkt5491
    Nokia là tuyệt vòi nhất
    Google Translation : Nokia is the most amazing
  • Nirmal Parwate
    Nirmal Parwate
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Read that article its good!!
  • Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    Nokia has pinpointed the date for its Mobile World Congress 2014 press event on Monday, February 24.Along with some new Windows phones, the highly anticipated Android smartphone from Nokia codenamed Normandy is expected be revealed here.
    It's been leaking extensively with live photos and UI screenshots, but nobody knows if Nokia will unveil it at MWC 2014.
    The Nokia Normandy is said to run Android 4.4.1 Kit Kat and packs a 854 x 540 resolution display. It's also known to boast dual-SIM functionality by the leaked UI screenshots.
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    If nokia is bringing an android device with its full features like side loading apks then nokia's WP market may come in danger. I'm saying full features because as it is an ASHA phone it will be Highly customized android may not have apps sideloading feature.
  • Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    Aditya Deshmukh
    If nokia is bringing an android device with its full features like side loading apks then nokia's WP market may come in danger. I'm saying full features because as it is an ASHA phone it will be Highly customized android may not have apps sideloading feature.
    But the leaked screen shots also had BBM icon in them which suggests it can either side load apps or has full access to android app store.In both the cases its sure that if Nokia brings that device,it would affect the sales of low range Lumia's(WP).
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Yes, you are right @#-Link-Snipped-#
    If you notice on the left hand side of the UI screenshot you see the store icon which looks pretty much the same as Nokia's Ovi Store. I was sure that this is an Android device when I found out it ran Skype (which is not available for Asha OS). As for the apps I think that they will follow the footsteps of Kindle Fire tablets.
  • Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    Аccording to a Senior Executive, Nokia(India), the device will be launched in March as a member of the Asha series.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When Google announced Google Glass; we almost certainly knew that Google engineers would definitely develop a contact lens that would replace the smart glasses. The good news is that Google[X]...
I have a music CD which is nearly five years old. It is scratched and dirtied in such a way, that it now no longer plays properly in either DVD...
China seems to be competing with Dubai for the coolest buildings in the world. The Italian architecture firm A.M. Progetti has completed work on the doughnut shaped building in China:...
Well, but even with those specs, the Galaxy S5 may not offer a better battery backup. Why? Because the phone has to power a 2K display - that'd make your...
Hi friends, I am studying final year Automobile Engineering and I should do a project as a part of academic system. I searched for many things but destined here and...