Nokia Lumia Amber Update Reaches The Lumia 920s In India

Nokia Windows Phone 8 users can finally rejoice as the much awaited Lumia Amber update has been delivered to Indian users. The update is now available for download only for the Lumia 920 and the update versions for Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 620, and 520 shall be delivered soon. Below is screenshot from the Windows Phone 8 #-Link-Snipped-# giving details of the release schedule for various Lumias in the country.

Release Schedule

The update can be installed as soon the phone notifies you automatically or the users can opt to install in manually by going into the smartphone’s settings menu. For a complete step-by-step guide you can also refer #-Link-Snipped-#. The Amber update brings the following improvements to your existing Lumia:

Better image processing

Nokia Lumias have gained popularity among the public, primarily because of their excellent photography features. Continuing this trend Nokia has updated the algorithms that results in improved noise reduction, colour reproduction, exposure control and autofocus for every Lumia. For the previous flagship Lumia 920 an exclusive feature has also been included that allows users to alter ISO settings for better low light imaging.

Better Image Processing

Nokia Smart Camera

The popular photography app that debuted in the Nokia Lumia 925 Launch In India Soon. Tech Specs Compared To Man of Steel. will be available to other Lumias from the Windows Store after they have updated their phones. The app has features like Best Shot, Action Shot and Motion Focus.

Nokia Smart Camera

New Video Apps

Continuing with its focus on imaging, #-Link-Snipped-# and the #-Link-Snipped-# app have also been released as a part of this update to help users edit and upload their videos on YouTube.

New Video Apps

Nokia Glance Screen

Another notable feature from the Nokia Lumia 925 Goes On Sale In Germany With Nokia Glance Screen Beta, the Nokia Glance Screen will also be part of this update. The Nokia Glance Screen brings clock on the lock screen along with notifications for low battery, charging and ‘silent’ mode. But unfortunately Nokia Lumia 520 and 625 will not be getting this feature on account of their smaller display memory. Optional features like ‘Flip to silence’ and double-tap to unlock have also been included.

Nokia Glance Screen

Storage Check

Many users have been frustrated about the checking their storage in existing Lumias, so addressing their complaints Nokia has brought an improved and detailed version of this application.

Storage

FM Radio

As you might be aware that some Lumias do have the FM radio functionality in their chipsets but it could not be utilised since the FM radio app was not available. But now with this update your FM radio will be up and running.

For more on the Amber Update, we recommend the #-Link-Snipped-# on Nokia Conversations.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    what a phone man?????????/
    Nokia has entered with a stuuning phone into the phonearena and nokia is now ready to give a tough competition for every phonemaker out there.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    what a phone man?????????/
    Nokia has entered with a stuuning phone into the phonearena and nokia is now ready to give a tough competition for every phonemaker out there.
    Nokia was always a threat to everyone. Now we can see, why they were late in smartphone market. They were making something called SuperSmart.😛
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I really think that the Lumia series has really turned things around for Nokia in smartphone market. Who would've thought that with biggies like Samsung and Apple ruling the biggest share in the market, Nokia would take such an upsurge.
    I love the Pro Camera app, it is handsdown the most elegant smartphone camera interface I've ever seen.

For those, who will be soon updating their phones, check out this video from Nokia -

Also, if you want to check the availability of the update in your country and for your Lumia model, check here -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Shrutarth Arora
    Shrutarth Arora
    i installed the amber update on my 920,
    all features like the radio, data sense are available , but the interesting features like the peek and display settings are no where to be seen ..
    what should i do??
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Shrutarth Arora
    i installed the amber update on my 920,
    all features like the radio, data sense are available , but the interesting features like the peek and display settings are no where to be seen ..
    what should i do??
    Did you try trouble shooting. Check the microsoft website about more details on update. I think some of them will be released in a couple of days.
  • Shrutarth Arora
    Shrutarth Arora
    Nayan Goenka
    Did you try trouble shooting. Check the microsoft website about more details on update. I think some of them will be released in a couple of days.

thank you !! i'll try it out !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It seems the Finnish brand is ready to enter the Quad-core dimension. With the recent launch of Lumia 725, a jumbo model with a 4.7-inch screen, Nokia plans to increase...
Recent reports state that Samsung is all set to launch a Smartwatch next month named Galaxy Gear. This Smartwatch will be able to make phone calls, check your email as...
It seems like Mark Zuckerberg is determined to make his mark in the entire social engineering domain. Facebook is testing the new eCommerce app competing with Paypal. The app will...
Mercedes Benz has just announced a new small crossover SUV for the US. The model will be called as GLA which is expected to hit the market somwhere in 2015....
We've been noticing some incline in cases where the contestants are copying content from other websites, and posting them to increase their score. Please note that this is not allowed...