Nokia Lumia 2520 Features Windows RT 8.1 - Specs & Price Unveiled At Abu Dhabi Event

A while back we saw Microsoft trying to revive its Surface franchise of tablets with the introduction of an Windows 8.1 Download Now Available - Microsoft Lists Features At Launch and new hardware. Even before Nokia was acquired by Microsoft there were rumours and leaks of an alleged tablet from the Finnish mobile maker. Confirming the rumours the Nokia Lumia 2520 was unveiled today in Abu Dhabi at the #-Link-Snipped-# event. For a smooth Windows RT 8.1 experience the Nokia Lumia 2520 uses a 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM. The 10.1 inch Full HD (1080x1920 pixels) display uses Nokia’s in-house ClearBlack technology for better sunlight legibility and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2. While the internal memory is limited to 32 GB out of which quite a big chunk will be reserved for the OS. For more storage you have shell out extra cash for microSD cards of up to 32GB.

Lumia 2520 1
Lumia 2520 2 Lumia 2520 3 Lumia 2520 4 Lumia 2520 5

The photography needs are taken care of with a 6.7 MP rear camera with ZEISS optics and 2 MP front camera. Nokia claims that the 2520 shall last for 10 hours on a video loop and go up to 25 days on standby. When it does run out of juice users can just quick charge it up to 80 percent within an hour. To accompany the Lumia 2520, Nokia has also unveiled a keyboard cover called as Power Keyboard. As the name suggests this keyboard along with a touchpad has a battery pack to extend the battery life of the slate by up to five hours. In terms of connectivity it has a 4G LTE modem and Wi-Fi. There is the usual set of A-GPS, GLONASS navigation instruments coupled with Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB connectivity and NFC. The Nokia Lumia 2520 will be available in red, cyan, white and black variants for a retail price of USD 499 (30,746 INR) in US, UK and Finland and will arrive in other markets later.

For more information, we recommend the following links: #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#

Update: Speaking at the event, executive VP (devices and service) Stephen Elop also made several app announcements. The most popular photo & video sharing tools Instagram and Vine will finally arrive on Windows-powered Lumia smartphones, and a full-function WhatsApp messenger will be available for the new Asha handsets in "the coming weeks".

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This tablet - is being called the first from the company with Windows. But doesn't it look starkly similar to the Microsoft Surface. Agreed that the two companies are soon to be one - but why launch an almost same gadget?
    To go along with the tablet, Nokia is selling a keyboard cover with a full touch pad and stand for $150. It looks a bit like Microsoft's Type Cover for the Surfaces, but the keyboard part is thicker than the portion that houses the touch pad. The cover also gives the 2520 an extra 5 hours of battery life.

Any reason why they have made it Windows RT? Full Windows 8 would have made it highly competitive allowing it to double as a PC extension or replacement, now it is in the same category as market champions such as the Nexus and Galaxy Tab etc. with a higher price-tag.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia has launched three new smartphones in the Nokia Asha series today with Nokia Asha 500, Asha 502 and Asha 503 at the Nokia World in Abu Dhabi. The Asha...
today's app developing world is it secure to move forward as an Android/i-phone apps developer or must have some extra skill set with that needed?
Nokia World conference at Abu Dhabi today saw the addition of two super sized six inch phones to the Windows Phone 8 ecosystem. The Nokia Lumia 1520 and Nokia Lumia...
i am curious to learn iOS app development but i dont have a macBook PC ? how hard would it be for me ? what domain of problems might i...
Java is a horrible language!! Linus Torvalds creator of linux said this! I agree,java is the worst programming language