Noke Bluetooth Padlock Uses Your Smartphone As A Key

Whenever we head outside our houses most of us carry our phones, wallets or bags and keys. The next time though you can forget about your keys as the new Noke Padlock does not require one. FŪZ Designs based in Utah, USA has put up their new product on Kickstarter for funding that aims at ending the frustration arising out of lost keys and forgotten combinations. Noke is a Bluetooth enabled padlock that uses your smartphone as a key. The best thing about Noke is that you do not even have to pull out your smartphone and open an app. Once a Noke padlock is paired with an Android or iOS app all you have to do is press the shank of the padlock and it recognises your smartphone and unlocks itself.

Noke

If you want a trusted person to open the Noke padlock on your authorisation, you can send them a permanent, one-time or a custom key via the Noke companion app. A similar concept of virtual key was previously seen on the Solar Powered, Wi-Fi Enabled Smart Mailbox Seeks Funding On Kickstarter solar powered smart mailbox, which sadly could not be funded. The app works well in an office environment where you can set specific time or days on which the lock can be opened. Since Noke is dependent on a smartphone as a key, you might be asking the question, What if I lose my phone or it’s out of juice? In that case Noke can be unlocked with a preset custom shackle click pattern.

The company has a funding goal of $100,000 out of which it has garnered $39,991 as of this writing on a single day. The company has fixed a retail price of $89 dollars which seems pretty steep. Early backers can get it for $59 by February 2015. While the #-Link-Snipped-# states that it is the first Bluetooth padlock, #-Link-Snipped-# though points out that another Bluetooth padlock called #-Link-Snipped-# had tried its luck on Kickstarter and failed in the month of March this year.

Replies

• adinickluv
    adinickluv
    Must say this is ans awesome innovation.. I would have definitely try to help them if it was within my range.. anyways.. the FUZ is really gonna make a FUZZ if in the market for a reasonable price..
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Good news. The company has successfully managed to obtain the funding for its project. It has now managed to garner twice the amount and it has 29 days to go. I think Noke managed to be successful because it looked more conventional than TEO.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI As a part of my thesis i want to gain detailed knowledge on RC box girder bridges, from historic point of view to complete design process both in simulation...
hi guys, i'm an undergraduate student of mechanical engineering and i have interest in military technology,weapon developement and armament technology but i don't have any knowledge in these fields whatsoever....
Has anyone good experiences with Linux Containers (LXC) and more specifically Docker in a production environment? What about stability, redundancy and security-aspects? We're on RHEL.
Does anyone know the actual status of the experiments with the thorium reactors? Is it production ready? Especially India seems to have conducted lots of experiments with the Kakrapar, Kaiga...
Rectifiers Why the DC power supply is needed? 1. Electrical power is generated and transmitted and distributed in the form of AC but for operation of most of the electronic...