'No More Woof' Translates Dog Bark To English. At Last, Some Clarity To Grrr.. Woof!

An animal to human language translation tool idea has been floating since long, and pushing that idea a step forward is 'No More Woof', a techno-helmet that translates your dog's bark in English. Developed by a Sweden-based company ST, the device functions as a translator to dog's thoughts in such a way that our English speakers understand what their doggie friends have to say. The tool works via a Raspberry Pi-powered computer with EEG recorders and speakers that detect current flows in a dog's brain to roughly translate the thoughts. The thing is, in order to convert this possibility into a reality, the developers seek your help.

no-more-woof-dog-translator

ST has launched an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for the device, and has set $10,000 as its current target. There are there models for the consumers to choose from-
  • $65 model : One sensor translates 3 basic thoughts - 'I'm tired,' 'I'm curious who that is?' and 'I want to pee'
  • $300 model : This has two sensors that translate up to 7 different thoughts
  • $1200 model : Dubbed 'Superior', this is customizable and constantly adapts to the dog's thought pattern.
The product website doesn't guarantee that the device shall actually pull some thoughts off yourdog's mind, and call this tool a 'work in progress.' They don't even have a prototype to show off, and in that case it can be pretty tough to raise $10k. "By pre-ordering your own set of No More Woof you are not only buying the first edition of a cool product, you are also supporting further research to finally break the language barrier between animals and humans." The added- "... the more money we raise, the better are the chances of creating something truly amazing."

Here's their disclaimer from Indiegogo site:

Yes, we HAVE achieved some results, but we are very far from a mass-producable product. That said, we believe that within a few years the technologies we are working with will revolutionize our relation to pets and animals.
Know more about 'No More Woof' from the video below:

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In a move to increase its users, Blackberry is bringing its instant messenger service - BBM on LG G Pro Lite, a smartphone by LG Electronics as a pre-loaded app....
Check this out. Not all comments below the item are positive. Quote: The ÁPH80 prefab houses are made at a CNC (computer numerical control) mill factory located in Northern Spain....
This auto blog by VIKNESH VIJAYENTHIRAN (probably Vignesh Vijayendiran)seems to mirror SRK ads for exterior house paints which throws water back. Apparently the technology is fairly old. Ulatra sound waves...
I want to embed an image into my c program using graphics...tried to google about this but couldn't find an appropriate solution.So was just thinking whether this can be done...
The idea of this debate topic originates from current politics in Delhi. The AAP (Aam Aadmi Party) says that they'll go to the people for every decision to be taken....