No jobs in telecommunications engineering, should I do software testing course?

sir i am m.tech with telecommunication engg. 2013 batch searching for job in pune. is it right to go for some testing course and apply for jobs in testing field.as there is lack of jobs in telecommunication engg. field.please help me out. waitng for your guidance

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've created a new discussion from your post and added an appropriate title.

manan trivedi
    is it right to go for some testing course and apply for jobs in testing field.as there is lack of jobs in telecommunication engg
    I've met people who went to medicine because they couldn't get into engineering. Would you go to Delhi if you wanted to go to Mumbai? All I'm saying is that you should first decide what kind of career you expect. If you are totally blank and clueless about your own needs, then it does not matter what field you choose.

I don't know what do answer to your question. If you think getting into testing is OK; a software testing course would definitely help.

All the best!
  • ram_149955
    ram_149955
    It hurts me to see these kind of posts where young engineers think that there are no opportunities in their field of specialization and dream about shifting to IT by doing some 3 months crash course.

Always remember that you spent 6 years in the ECE field and why do you want to leave that field by doing a 3 months software testing course. Even if you switch to Software Testing you will regret your decision down the lane.

What #-Link-Snipped-# said is 200% correct. You should be clear on what you want to do.

Do you think that once you complete course in Software testing, companies will come for you to recruit in their company..a Big NO. Even after you do the software testing course you should apply as a fresher and compete with thousands of students.

I would suggest you to join as a Lecturer in any of the engineering college and keep learning more about the ECE field and keep applying for the core Jobs.

Go
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    manan trivedi
    sir i am m.tech with telecommunication engg. 2013 batch searching for job in pune. is it right to go for some testing course and apply for jobs in testing field.as there is lack of jobs in telecommunication engg. field.please help me out. waitng for your guidance
    Hi Manan,

I believe there are many opportunities in the telecom field, its not a niche. It ranges from wireline networking to RF communications. Are you aiming for a specific type of specialization within telecommunications?
  • manan trivedi
    manan trivedi
    i really appreciate response frm u all. i have already completed m.tech and if m hving specialization in some field doesnt mean i shud opt for those areas which is not suitable for me ie. lecturership, i dnt see any growth there, i completed my post graduation tat means i already knw wat i am looking for but real fact is reality is far away from wat u think and it is not necessary that u'll get for wat u r looking for even after ur hardwrk and efforts. i am having a small suggestion for CE, plz dnt mind bt instead of dscussng issues we shud thnk abt hw to deal with the problem or how to direct the person in right direction that he/she will really feel proud to be a part of CE. Rregards to all
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    manan trivedi
    i am having a small suggestion for CE, plz dnt mind bt instead of dscussng issues we shud thnk abt hw to deal with the problem or how to direct the person in right direction that he/she will really feel proud to be a part of CE.
    I'm not sure what you are implying here; but as you'd see - our responses would be totally based on several assumptions. In this case, we based our responses totally on the information provided by you in the first post which opens it up to several assumptions.

Had you been more descriptive about your situation, I'm sure there would have have been a lot better answers. As always, asking very specific questions after providing supporting details would lead to near-perfect, useful answers. 😀
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi Manan,

We are all here to help you, but to do so it would be good if you can provide additional information. From your initial post & subject title, it was inferred that you were unable to find telecommunication jobs. Telecommunications is a huge field with many opportunities. Hence, were you looking for a specific Telecommunication interest (RF? Microwave? Satellite? Networking?) and were not successful? In CE forums, we can direct you to threads that have discussions on interviewing tips, crafting great resumes, etc.

I was a communications engineering student, then went through the following industries: VoIP, WiMAX (WBS & RF), 3G/LTE then general Networking (and wide range of roles- from technical operations to sales & solutioning). I wanted to join a satellite communications company, but I took on any job opportunities that allowed me to learn technologies and get experience. Throughout your career experience, you will be able plan where your direction is.
  • manan trivedi
    manan trivedi
    #-Link-Snipped-# thx a lot..i hv completed mtech with digital and wireless communication engineering. and project was on photonic crystal fibers u cn say opticl fiber. my cgpa in mtech is 7.3..i hv tried a lot through all possible ways bt didnt succeeded to get desired job profile.i am nt interested in networking nor in teaching. i am just trying to find some way to get into my field asap. here u cn find my resume for al details.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Prof. Afsaneh Rabieie from the department of mechanical and aerospace engineering at the North Carolina State University has developed a light-weight yet strong metal foam that has several applications in...
The engineers at Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are currently evaluating a Venus Orbiter Mission (VOM). ISRO Chairman, Dr. Kiran Kumar said that besides the next mission to Mars, the...
i need to buy a laptop and confused b/w two laptops: One is Lenevo g50 70: i3 4th gen 4gb ram 1TB Harddisk 2gb ATI radeon graphichs 130 Price :...
hi everyone im sison and im new here and i need ur help to familirize with this site
A new app called 'Be My Eyes' has been developed to help the blind get help from a community of people who can see. The folks behind the app believe...