Nisttarkya Is India's First Electric Concept Bike Developed By Santhosh In Mysore

This man from India has did it again. Meet Santhosh from Mysore, India - Bringing innovation to bikes is what he does. Known worldwide for developing the Moosshiqk (the Sanskrit word for mouse) world’s smallest electric motorcycle, Santhosh is here with another interesting project. Called Nisttarkya, Santhosh has developed the first Indian electric concept bike. The most striking feature of the Nisstarkya is its unique aerodynamic riding position. Adorned with shock absorbers and a headlight, this electric bike features a bioinspired design. Driving on a 36 V, 350w hub motor, the Nisttarky e-bike gets its power from three 36 V rechargeable batteries. The bike weighs 40 kg and both wheels have a size of 3.00x18 inches.

Check out some of the pictures shared by Santhosh on his #-Link-Snipped-# -

slide

Nisttarkya-Indian-Electric-Concept-Bike Nisttarkya-Indian-Electric-Concept-Bike-2 Nisttarkya-Indian-Electric-Concept-Bike-3

Coming back to the Moosshiqk for which Santhosh entered the Limca Book of World Records, the bike is just 12 inches high, 18 inches long and weights 8.8 lbs. Putting out a top speed between 7mph and 9mph, this miniscule motorcycle has been manufactured using a few parts from bicycles and e-bikes, with the rest created by Santhosh himself. The battery takes 2 hours to charge, which will take you wherever you want in a 1.6 miles radius. It can carry an adult person weighing up to 62 Kilos for 15 minutes with a top speed of 15 Km/Hr. People who see it, often don't believe that it can actually move around a fully grown adult. And the total cost for building this bike has been Rs. 15,000 approximately. Here's a picture of Santhosh featured in Ripley's Believe It or Not -

ripleys

We feel that the Nisttarkya would be a bit difficult to ride for the lack of an ergonomic seating position. The rod is too sleek and there's no cushion. It would be great to have a video of Santhosh riding this bike. If you have any questions about the bike, feel free to ask them here. We can have Mr. Santhosh answer them.

How many likes for Nisttarkya electric bike in India?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great design sir(Santhosh).
    nice design for a superhero film but i am not convinced that it can be comercially viable.Is there any comfort adding cushion pad near chest so that rider experience no pain?It would be difficult to view the road for a Rider.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There can be a hazard to the face if the rear brake is applied. Male riders may need a cricket accessory (abdomen guard). Will need more work to make it safe.
    Interesting innovation.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the design needs to be improved for the safety of the rider. I'm also concerned about the comfort of the rider; especially the point raised by @#-Link-Snipped-# sir. Wouldn't it be nice if there's a cushion at the abdomen+chest area?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We asked Santhosh about the meaning of the word Nisttarkya.
    He shared that it is a word drown from Sanskrit and it means "unimaginable".
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Nice innovation. I also believe that the sitting position in this bike might be affecting the line of sight or more accurately, the span of vision. A person here can only see what is exactly in front of him and that is not enough. Also I think it might be very difficult to maintain balance and ride in this way. Indian Roads everyone knows and the potholes and ditches will make the ride more than bumpy. It can also increase threat of Spondilitis or whatever that disease with issue in vertebrae column is called. Its mainly caused due to repeated bumpy rides. ₹15000 is also a big amount and not commercially viable. And that too for less features and less capablity.

I believe you will be able to improve this model and then there might be a nice place for it in the market. All in all, nice effort and really innovative idea.
  • Humberto Alvarado
    Humberto Alvarado

Where can I buy one I have been surching the web with no help can anyone quise me in the direction to owning one 

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# It looks like we will only know if Santhosh logs in to CrazyEngineers to reply to that question. I will update if I can get any details about the availability.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Users who've upgraded to Mavericks and iTunes 11 have been complaining that the Internet Radio option has been missing and is nowhere to be found. I faced the same issue...
Hello everybody, I've recently installed the intel's icc compiler, but I'm still unable to use it because everytime I try to compile my c programs using it I get the...
Qreator is an Opensource application which lets you create youn QR codes to encode different type of information in just one click. Currently supporting : - Website URL - Text...
This is my 1st post on this technical forum. We are into manufacturing of Industrial Automation products, now starting to develop home automation products (affordable and technologically sound) I felt...
Toyota Corolla 2014 is coming. And soon. It has been confirmed that Toyota is launching the latest version of its top car Corolla at the Delhi Auto Expo in February...