Nissan Nismo Concept Watch: A Smartwatch For Your Car

As electronics giants churn out smartwatches to be paired with their devices, Nissan has decided to make one for its range of high performance cars. Even though it’s just a concept at the moment, the Nissan Nismo Watch has some really nifty features. The Nissan Nismo Watch will allow drivers to monitor the vehicle’s performance and fuel consumption stats. Keeping in mind that racers will be its primary users, it shall help them keep an eye on the vehicle telematics and Nissan will be also able to send messages directly to the watch notifying you about your next service. As it is with all smartwatches, this one too will be dependent on your smartphone which shall connect it to the car via Bluetooth Low Energy. The Nismo watch will also capture biometric data of the wearer using an in-built heart rate monitor.

Nismo 1

All the above features might see necessary for a racing driver, but the next one is surely going to distract them from the race. The watch shall track the driver’s social performance by gathering Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram feeds with Nissan’s home grown Social Speed software. The watch has a lithium ion battery which can be charged by microUSB port. Nissan claims this when fully charged the battery will last up to seven days. Nismo Watch will be available in black, white and black-red colour variants and instead of touchscreens will use buttons to accept user inputs. In the future, Nissan is planning to add Electrocardiogram, Electroencephalogram and skin temperature monitoring systems to the Nismo watch as well. Since it’s just a concept, its price and availability remain unknown, however fans will get a glimpse of it at the Frankfurt Motor Show which starts tomorrow in Germany. For now though, you have to settle with this demo video below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    It looks beautiful but I dont agree thay it will help racers.We already have big monitor to display all the characteristics and it will be difficult for driver to look at watch when he was driving fearlessly.I like the concept of monitoring heart rate but hate social media updates.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    And now the Nissan nismo is out in Frankfurt in a grand way.It looks fabulous and the watch will do the following:
    Monitor the efficiency of the vehicle,Access the telematics and performance on track,capture biometric data via heart rate monitor .the watch was made up of Li-ion battery and can be charged through microUSB.Nissan-Nismo-Watch-1024x677 Nissan-Nismo-Watch-red-1024x677

Image courtesy:Indianautosblog.com

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am working on a project where i need to use sms gateway to send messages to people so can anyone tell me sms gateway that is compatible with the...
I am happy to share this news as a automobile engineer.Yes now blind people can also ride bicycle without depending on others .This innovation is based on " Sound Foresight...
I was trying to solve the Euler problem number 50, and wrote the following code and got the answer as, no. of primes = 536 and prime value is 958577...
In our houses, we have 1-phase supply whose return path is neutral. Now suppose loads get balanced on all the three phases of the 3 phase 4 wire system, then...
Sony had left this one out of its IFA conference, but it is here now. The new PlayStation Vita was unveiled just now at a press conference in Japan. This...