Nikon D5500 DSLR Expected At The CES 2015

The greatest electronics show on the planet, CES aka the Consumer Electronics Show is scheduled between 6-9 January in Las Vegas, USA. The show has been the launchpad for latest technology, gadgets and gizmos for major electronics companies around the world. It's expected that the Japanese camera maker, Nikon will announce the next camera in the D5XXX line at the CES. Currently Nikon D5300 is the top-line camera in the series and Nikon D5500 is expected to bring in much awaited improvements to the 5300 model.

Note that '4' is considered as unlucky in the product naming among Asian companies and that's why Nikon will skip 5400 in favor of the D5500. But what do you expect to find in upgrade of the camera that's almost 'complete'? Well, Nikon seems to have thought of a few things; most notably the addition of touch-screen. This would seem to be a logical upgrade in the D5XXX series and give Nikon a chance to compete with the best features offered by Canon cameras like EOS 100D, 700D and 70D. It's also expected that Nikon will work on the not-so-good contrast AF in live mode. Rumors about D5500 hint at sensor improvements and few more controls in the Wi-Fi app that works with the camera.

Nikon-D5500

Nikon has targeted the D5XXX series at the photography enthusiasts and might bring in improvements in the inbuilt picture effects feature. It's also likely that with the announcement of the new camera, the price of Nikon D5300 will fall to make way for the new one. Stay tuned for the updates and let us know what improvements would you like to see in Nikon's D5500 over D5300.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello this is Ishita Thakur from Chandigarh.. I completed MCA. My aim in life is to become successful person.
After the first week of December, I saw all major US based tech and gadgets raving about a radio show called Serial after the season finale. The show made its...
The updated version of Crouton Chrome extension on Google Chromebooks now lets you run your favourite Linux version in a window. Since Chromebooks are build on a Linux core it...
+q located at origin so Electric field at far off point P is 100 mv/m, i) if +q enclosed by conducting hollow metal sphere then field at P will be?...
With an objective to develop computing and communication technologies on the basis of quantum properties of light and matter, the researchers from City College of New York have created half-light,...