Nikon 1 AW1 Is The World's First Waterproof and Shockproof Interchangeable Lens Camera

The camera on your smartphone has got some features that make it sturdy. For example, Sony Xperia flagships like Xperia Z, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra have all got waterproof and dustproof casings, but what will the pros do? Yes, they might have access to waterproof casings for their even expensive DSLRs but shooting with a casing is troublesome. So Nikon has decided to remove the need for any casing with the Nikon 1 AW1. This interchangeable lens camera is waterproof up to depths of 49 feet, shockproof from falls from up to 6.6 feet and can withstand freezing temperatures of up to 14° F. Adventurers will also be glad to know that the AW1 has a built-in GPS that can be activated to add the metadata of the exact longitude and latitude information with every photo and video. Nikon has equipped the camera with an altimeter, a depth gauge, an electronic compass and a virtual horizon indicator as well.

Nikon 1 AW1 (1)
Nikon 1 AW1 (6) Nikon 1 AW1 (5) Nikon 1 AW1 (3) Nikon 1 AW1 (4) Nikon 1 AW1 (2)

Now while you have gone through the images above you might have noticed the popup flash, not to fret this one too is waterproof so that you can go to the depths and try to blind a shark with it (pun intended). Coming to the tech specs we can inform you that the Nikon 1 AW1 has a 14.2-megapixel CX-format CMOS sensor and Nikon’s EXPEED 3A image processing engine. Even though the regular 1-Series lenses fit on the AW1, Nikon has also decided to bring two lenses which are as rugged as the camera itself. The 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 and AW 10mm f/2.8 lens options are available for the user depending on his/her choice of photos. Finally it is the time to deliver the bombshell, the prices of the camera with a single lens start from 799.95 USD (49,493 INR) and if you want both the lenses mentioned above along with the camera you will have to shell out 999.95 USD (61,864 INR). The camera and lens come in black and white variants but if you wish to spice up the gear you can buy black, khaki and orange skins for 36.96 USD (2,286 INR) along with the camera and lenses from next month.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Nikon has been a pioneer in camera industry and now with this waterproof and shockproof cam can increase their rating and popularity.Specs look good and pricing seems justified(my perception).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what changes does OCJP certification bring in career of a fresher or employee ? I am jobless these days but i dont think i lacks knowledge in core java ,so...
Your Android phone probably has hardware controls aka buttons for specific functions like volume control and camera shutter, but you must have wished sometime or the other that these buttons...
'Women in Silicon Valley are disrupting the boys club' seems to be the message put out here: https://blog.fora.tv/2013/09/women-i...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-04d3fae080-295725241
​ Leading mobile service provider Aircel has rolled out its very own e-book store called as Aircel BookMate for its subscribers. This e-book store will allow users to read and...
The next-gen Maruti Suzuki A-star was caught on camera for the first very time while undergoing a test drive in India. The car was entirely camouflaged when spotted by 'hotshot'...