NHAI To Introduce Mobile App That Lets Users Report Over-Speeding Vehicles

The chief of Indian Highways, Mr. Raghav Chandra, the current NHAI Chairman, has announced that the Government is developing a new free mobile app that lets users report vehicles that are found to be violating transport rules such as over-speeding. The National Highways Authority of India (aka NHAI) have decided to take this step to ensure proper highway management and promote road safety across the nation. The NHAI team will work with developers to integrated the app with a transport registration network. The app is supposed to be accessed by Indians on their mobile, capture a snap of the vehicle that's violating and press a button that reports the name of the vehicle to the concerned body.

National_Highways_Authority_of_India_logo.svg

The app will ensure that all complaints made by citizens are registered with the transport or police department, who can take the require course of action. With citizen participation in this initiative, NHAI hopes to use the feedback to build better highway network management systems. The app will therefore be used for data collection and policing in the months to come.

Source: Soon, app to report over-speeding vehicles | Business Standard News

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Frankly speaking, I don't get the logic behind the app. Do they expect people to capture photos of other moving / speeding vehicle from our own vehicle? Can someone throw more light on this?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are proud to announce that the articles system on CrazyEngineers has now been upgraded. It's an upgrade we were 'holding off' for over past 1 year and are now...
hello sir, I got placed in Cognizant last month through on campus drive. as I have no experience working in an IT sector I have so many questions. It would...
Born and raised in Bangalore, Sudhi Seshachala grew up in Koramangala, the startup capital of Bangalore. Sudhi hails from a conservative middle class south Indian family. His dad is a...
As we all know Hollywood make movies which are most valid to science but after watching Ant Man, here concept of reducing interatomic spaces between atoms is used to shrink...
Hi everyone, I'm Anil, I completed my B.com from Bangalore University, Now a days I'm interested to become a software so how to start my career please assist me.