Next version of android will be KitKat!!

According to #-Link-Snipped-# post by Sunder Pachai (Android Boss), announcing 1 billion android device activations till date and there is a Android statue with KitKat labeled on it.

Android KitKat

Quote from his post
On my return from Asia, I was also thrilled to find this guy waiting to greet me on the front lawn -- love the new #-Link-Snipped-# statue and can’t wait to release the next version of the platform that is as sweet as the candy bar that’s one of our team’s favorites😀
So next version of android will named as be KitKat instead of Key lime pie! 😘

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Wow! KitKat is way better than Key lime pie!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    After jelly bean its time for kitkat to hit the market.This topic has digged many more questions on what will be the future of mobile phones?What can we expect from google .Can it implement any interesting feature?I know only kitkat as the chocolate brand but googles next version could send cyclones to other mobile companies who were not using the android as default os.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Stay tuned with #-Link-Snipped-# 👍.
    New nexus spotted at googleplex,
    from #KitKat google+ stream
    [​IMG]
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Pensu
    Wow! KitKat is way better than Key lime pie!
    I think KeyLimePie will be 5.0, major update. While KitKat is 4.4, not so major update. Key lime Pie ain't replaced by KitKat, I guess.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEoM Participants - A Note About Writing News
    Not intended for CEOM and the time I posted there was only two verified sources there, from Sunder Pachai and reshared by Vic Gundotra (Google+ head) posted at 10:06 pm.
    Tried to find some more information but may be I missed it 😳

Abhishek Rawal
    I think KeyLimePie will be 5.0, major update. While KitKat is 4.4, not so major update. Key lime Pie ain't replaced by KitKat, I guess.
    Nope, It will be Android Lollipop 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's alright. We just want to avoid duplicates.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ianoop
    Nope, It will be Android Lollipop 😁
    Oh yeah! they select name as per alphabetical order.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Finally Lollipop will the next version of Android. Yehooooooo!!!!
    crediit:mashable

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dr. Karl Martin of Bionym Inc. hates passwords. He has tried password managers but he finds that its implementation on mobile devices is quite cumbersome. He knows biometric recognition systems...
The D-I-Y furniture major IKEA has come up with a concept for a D-I-Y disaster relief housing that is expected to cost about US$1000/unit. Though meant as temporary dwellings, they...
As the battle of the gaming consoles rages on, Sony has decided to enhance its battle plans with a new virtual reality headset planned to be unveiled at the PlayStation...
This thread is dedicated to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS whose codename we don't even know.(All we know is that the codename of 14.04 will start from alphabet 'T') I will try...
I want to share the following thread CEans: https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/automotive/3-emerging-trends-automotive-engineering Yes its all about the emerging trends of automobile industry.They had described that their main aim is to bring out maximum...