Next Sony PS4 Update To Bring YouTube Streaming And Increased Cloud Storage

Sony has been working hard on the next big PlayStation 4 software update, and has revealed what improvements owners can expect to see. With a list of upgrades in the next PlayStation 4 by Sony, the things that we specifically look upto are - the ability to stream game footage live on YouTube, a new hub for in-game events and increased cloud storage. The version 3.00 update,which is one of the biggest in the console’s lifespan, was described on Sony’s PlayStation blog.

Among the new features, the core feature is the increase in online storage capacity, which will increase from 1 GB to 10 GB, as standard for all players when the update rolls out. This cloud storage is used to save files, but as of now it quickly fills up. Also, a meter has been added for the users so that they can monitor their online storage capacity, which tells the user when they are about to run out of space so that they can delete files accordingly.

20504275739_cc9b06f305_o
Image Source: Playstation website​

In addition to PS4 players streaming live over Twitch, the new update also adds the ability to stream live over YouTube, where people can watch your PS4 streams on the new YouTube gaming app and site. YouTube launched their own dedicated video game streaming service, which is their attempt to include millions of viewers who’ve flocked to the wildly successful Twitch. Also, Sony is finding more use for the PS4 controller’s share button which posts a 10-second clips of game footage directly to Twitter.

Though there’s no set date for the update, Sony says people selected for PlayStation beta program will get to try out the features very soon. Sony emphasises that the features are only being tested right now, and are not all guaranteed to make it into the next firmware update.

Let us know your thoughts on PS4 updates via comments below.

Source: Sony's next big PS4 update adds YouTube streaming and increases cloud storage - The Verge

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello I completed my Btech in electronic communications stream. I have interest to learn testing,But the thing is there are so many modules in testing like, QA QTP SELENIUM MANUAL...
Quote: This week’s video is brought to you by Insenth, a Chinese company claiming to have developed the world’s first augmented reality display for cyclists. Dubbed Senth IN1, the system...
Hello all, I am under the process of designing the Pressure safety valve ,the core component of PRV is spring.just i want to know about the spring design .For eg...
Please answer the survey above and if you have any questions or suggestions or demands put them in replies below.
Looks like a lot of you are already on Windows 10. Anyone here uninstall the default built-in apps and try to reinstall them? If yes, could you share the way...