Next CE Meet - Ideas & planning

CEans,

We've successfully had meets in Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad & Delhi. I think we can have better organization of our meets so that they are very useful and productive for all our attendees.

One idea that I'm working on is organizing our meets with corporate support. Following is a direct dump from my brain and I need your ideas/inputs/feedback on what's being planned.

1. Organize the meet at a corporate campus. Have the attendees register for the meet in advance.
  2. Have 5 minute talks by sponsoring company's senior engineers about the work they do and general interactive sessions.
  3. Have our own CEans present their own ideas (about anything like their project work or business) to our own CEans.
  4. Activity in point #3 can help in finding potential business partners / investers / tech-partners from our own gang of CEans.
  5. Have some interesting activity (skit, quiz, talent promotion etc.)
  6. Have a general round-table discussion among CEans on topics like career-planning, new projects, collaborations, partnerships etc.
  7. Serve everyone with snacks & (soft) drinks 😲.
  8. Plan for next meet & volunteers to organize next CE Meet in the city.
How will this be useful to you if you are a -

Student:

• You get a chance to see how things work in professional world
  • Interact with seniors who are working in your dream industry/company
  • Guidance about career.
  • Networking :smile:
  • General awareness
Professional:

• Networking - #1 😀
  • Find like minded people
  • Co-founders, investors, techies for your business idea(s)
  • General awareness about other engineering industries
  • Job switch/search 😉
Company:

• Free world-wide publicity through CE.
  • Showcase your latest technology/innovations to people who'd be the foremost users of your technology.
  • Be seen as supporter of innovative engineering.
  • CEans to write about the meet on forums and through their own blogs -> more publicity.
  • Almost zero investment [we don't mind if you sponsor snacks & soft drinks for our CEans.]
What say you? Any ideas? Any suggestions on companies that would be interested in supporting CE Meet?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Good Idea Biggie...
    i am talking with my company about this right now
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hmm, nice. Gos idea. Though, I'm a student and so, right now, I dont have any industrial ties.. So, I can only attend any such meets.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't worry. We may even organize a meet in association with colleges/universities! 😀

We may have talks from professors (not the regular lectures 😉 ) or some interesting activities in colleges. What say. Think think !
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Now, that's a damn good idea.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Let me also talk to my lecturers of my college as many people knew me better.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's hold on for some time before we finalize the structure and ideas. So that you'll have complete set of points to discuss with your professors/lecturers/HRs etc.

What do you all think of the idea presented in post #1 of this thread?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes i will try to manage one of my Company owner for this Meet and also for Small Talk if they suits in this small talk
  • ambdded
    ambdded
    I can request Prof. Agarwal to become a part.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​ Yes, technology tends to fall in price as it ages, but is the still-unreleased N97 prematurely getting on in the years or something? Did we miss that memo? Nokia...
Hello people , This thread is dedicated to the Open Source testing tool Selenium So people who worked on it share your ideas and people who dont know any thing...
Alrighty - let's generate innovative ideas to kill boredom 😛 . Tell us what you do when you are terrifically, totally, really, really bored! I'll start - I'd either -...
Dear All, Let me introduce myself: I'm Mauro Laurenti an Italian guy forgotten in Germany...but some time I got lost in USA as well! I would like to share with...
Obama’s special envoy Feltman related to Syrian FM Obama’s promise to achieve peace between and Syria. Since Syrian demands are well-known and non-negotiable, the promise amounts to making Israel...