New Zealander Improves Wardriving With Raspberry Pi

For those who aren’t aware, Wardriving is the act of searching for Wi-Fi wireless networks by a person in a moving vehicle, using a portable computer, smartphone or personal digital assistant (PDA). Taking wardriving to new levels of coolness is 22 year old New Zealand IT security consultant and motorcycle enthusiast, Denis Andzakovic. Denis has equipped his custom Suzuki Boulevard M50 with two Mikrotik routers, wireless sniffing and attack tools, GPS and a netbook that is able to detect wireless access points and plot them on Google Maps. He uses Raspberry Pi in his helmet mounted heads up display (HUD) that shows him details like SSID and encryption type of the various wireless access points in the area he is travelling. He has colour-coded the information on the HUD in yellow, green or red depending on what kind of encryption the network is using.

Wardriving Motorcycle

Andzakovic showed off his creation at the AusCERT security conference this week in Australia. He went out on a demo run the famous Gold Coast and found that nearly 27% of the networks were unsecured, while 6% were protected by dated WEP and the rest were safely protected by WPA protection. As compared to the Australian police who also wardrive in order to make users aware of network safety Andzakovic can go on the offensive by transmitting ‘deauthentication’ packets from his rig to throw the users offline.

Wireless network safety is being given utmost importance today as crimes committed on unauthorised network access are on the rise. So how are you keeping your network safe? Tell us in the comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1) maybe the title says it all. what i want to know is that how does the electrolytic capacitor used in induction motors, get fagged out ?, that is to...
DELAY_1: MVI C,0AH LOOP: MVI D,64H LOOP_5: MVI E,0DEH LOOP_6: DCR E JNZ LOOP_6 DCR D JNZ LOOP_5 DCR C JNZ LOOP RET How do I calculate for the total...
Hey guys, what is the function of this low pass filter here ? Any details explanation for this ? Thanks !
I am keen in knowing physical meaning of poles and zeros. physical meaning in the sense what does poles and zeros mean in real world....
What are the machine(equipment) to make a 230voltage transformer. Reply please.....