New Web Domain Names Such As .bike, .guru And .clothing Are Available For Booking

This might be the beginning of a new era for the Internet in which the users will have unmatched choice to distinguish their brand online. Internet users, website owners and online publishers will now have a chance to register in specific domains .bike, .guru, .singles apart from .com as a US based company is offering a series of new web addresses. Donuts Inc., the start-up company that was created to apply and run new gTLDs as made possible by ICANN's gTLD expansion program, will start off by introducing seven new Internet domain names. Among the first few generic top-level domains (gTLDs) that the company will launch this year, we have - .bike, .clothing, .guru, .holdings, .plumbing, .singles, and .ventures. These gTLDs will be registered on first come, first-served basis.

Internet2

From 5th February 2014, .camera, .equipment, .estate, .gallery, .graphics, .lighting and .photography will be open for registration. As quoted in TOI, the co-founder and CEO of Donuts Paul Stahura said, "Starting this week, new, relevant and specific Internet naming options will be available on a scale never before seen." This will give businesses, brands and organizations a unique opportunity to give themselves distinct identity and isolate themselves from others.

Adding another feather to their cap, Donuts Inc. signed its 105th new gTLD contract with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. Which one are you booking for your next website? Share with us in comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Image Credit: TOI

Replies

• Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Heard that .sexy, .lol domains would also be available now..! Awesome!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia X, also known as Nokia Normandy will be a 4-inch touch screen phone. It is going to have dual-SIM slots with 480x800 pixel resolution. A popular Twitter handle, EVLeaks...
As reported by Xinhua, Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) made an announcement at Canberra that robots armed with sensors would be launched in Indian Ocean to study...
hi... myself Priyanka Pathak from Jabalpur, MP I'm doing B.E in Electrical and Electronics Branch from a private college (RGPV University MP ) i'll complete my Bachelor's Degree this year...
Imagine of a cell phone that never needs charging! Wouldn't it be great if a cell phone gets charged when it is on stand-by? No need to worry about the...
how we find the change in current of MCCB when temperature changes consider trip time is constant, give an mathematical expression also.