New Site: Questions & Answers

CEans,

If you have questions about the new platform we've released, please ask them here. We're here to answer all your questions πŸ˜€ .

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    is starting a conversation like sending a PM? i cant find the PM button πŸ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CIVILPRINCESS
    is starting a conversation like sending a PM? i cant find the PM button πŸ˜•
    CP - The PM's have been replaced by a much advanced system called 'Conversations'. Your old PMs are there - just click the 'Inbox' tab above the search box πŸ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    What is the logic behind initial Following/Followers count?
    I see that I already follow a random few, and a considerable number follow me. How is it computed?

Edit: Some mistake on my part! It is just the 'friends' feature right?
    Perhaps people can Follow you even if you're not friends?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    eternalthinker
    Edit: Some mistake on my part! It is just the 'friends' feature right?
    Perhaps people can Follow you even if you're not friends?
    Yes. The friends are converted to followers. 😏
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    But that time, there is a friend request and that we had to accept it. But now there is no request and all I guess. Anyone can follow anyone, right?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    Oh ! Great where is my followers !! :devil laugh: πŸ˜‰
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    AbraKaDabra
    But now there are no Friends feature right? Instead we have members following each other one-way? 😏

Another doubt: Now is there a way to quote multiple posts on a thread?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah absolutely. πŸ˜’
    Just click 'reply' on all the posts that you want to quote! 😁
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    i saw the software has changed. Xenforo software has been installed now but still i liked Vbulletin πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *pushkar*
    i saw the software has changed. Xenforo software has been installed now but still i liked Vbulletin πŸ˜€
    Trust me, I was a vBulletin fan. vB4 was a disaster. XF is *the* future!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Trust me, I was a vBulletin fan. vB4 was a disaster. XF is *the* future!
    I agree. 😁 The new CE is addictive. I feel like posting more than ever before! I hope everyone feels the same.

@those who are wondering -
    Access to AREA-51 will be granted soon! The Admin will work on it tonight.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way; our CAPTCHA is difficult to crack now. Asks for binary to HEX conversions πŸ˜›
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    I agree. 😁 The new CE is addictive. I feel like posting more than ever before! I hope everyone feels the same.

I would like to suggest that Keep Area-51 and VoiCE author area different Please.
  • imhere
    imhere
    Looks great. πŸ˜€
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    It looks like the server language is changed from php to any other.Is it so ?
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Pure Awesomeness 😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The_Small_k
    It looks like the server language is changed from php to any other.Is it so ?
    It's PHP, AJAX & HTML5/CSS3
  • lal
    lal
    Amazing new looks..!πŸ˜€
    Hope the CE Conference will be back soon..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do we really need the conference? I see lot of CEans just killing time in CE Conference than participating in discussions.
  • lal
    lal
    I think its a better way of interacting with the members outside the threads.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lal
    I think its a better way of interacting with the members outside the threads.
    Agreed. There's a conversations facility in the new system. I know several users who login only to spend time in the conference. By the way, we're already testing conferencing facility.
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    Nice work Big_K. Forum looks neat with social appeal. Once i looked the changeover from forum to community i felt good. Now a days community or discussion is more familier than have a name forum which i have done few years back in my community. πŸ‘

Though i was using smf since begining, i wanted to migrate to vb earlier but when i saw xf and their updates i wanted to change over sooner, waiting for someone in our circle to change over and thought i could use after getting a feedback to avoid productivity. Nice that you have switched over faster. I had a test version of xf years back and did not find time to upgrade my community.

Good work and will be looking closely on the feedback of xf somewhere in CE.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We had to migrate because vB4 is utter shit. It looked like a 'great' product in the beginning; but turned to be a disaster. Most of my time was spent in fixing databases & making sure that the server handles the load. During the peak traffic hours, the server would crawl and database would through hundreds of errors. XF is promising and I tested it heavily in last few weeks before deciding to make a shift. The server load is now half of what it used to be with vB and database errors have gone from 100/hour to zero. I'd definitely recommend the product.
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    Nice, but i have also done similar testing in few forums. And initially the load will be good then previous script.
    But we should wait for few weeks to confirm. Additionally xf uses ajax, there is a chance of off loading soon once the max time frame of db set to a max. Always each db query should be 1 min. More mods and their functionality may affect the load time of forum. πŸ‘

Really i could see everything is fast today in CE. Hope for the best. But i dont know how could you optimization ad placement while ajax in place. πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For your information Digitalpoint and IGN forums are switching over to XF. πŸ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Where can I see the online members?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    crazyboy
    Where can I see the online members?
    Oh I got it, Its right side on the forum home page.

-CB
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Nice Looks I Like It !!!!!!!!!

where is my Likes and Avatar ????
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Status, Alert Features are very nice....
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This style (Feature) is also very nice
    Where you can see that you have posted in this threadΓ’€Β¦..

getting problem while uploading image....
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    THe cofee break was infact big one and better one πŸ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Why likes were re-set in UI (below the image on forum home page - right side)?

-CB
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    This is way much better than what we had earlier! 😁The coffee break was worth it!β˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahesh_dahale
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This style (Feature) is also very nice
    Where you can see that you have posted in this threadΓ’€Β¦..

getting problem while uploading image....
    The problem was temporary. Please check again.
  • vinci
    vinci
    I just want to say .Fantastic look and features now better than before !!!Really feeling good to be CEin.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Where can I see the list of Today-Birthday-Celebrating CEans?
    And is the Birthday calender available?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sada
    Where can I see the list of Today-Birthday-Celebrating CEans?
    And is the Birthday calender available?
    Just wait for a few days and we'll have it too. πŸ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    1.How can we know that a person is in online, viewing a thread where that person has already replied?

Should i go back to forum page to see that person is online?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Reya
    1.How can we know that a person is in online, viewing a thread where that person has already replied?

Should i go back to forum page to see that person is online?
    I'll add a little tag to display member who's currently online. It'll display along with their mini-profile in post. πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    I'll add a little tag to display member who's currently online. It'll display along with their mini-profile in post. πŸ˜€
    That will be great feature! πŸ‘
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    That would be great πŸ˜€

And Biggie, what is this about?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Occasionally we will display notices (the yellow box at the top) which can be dismissed by clicking a cross icon on the right side. If you accidentally dismiss notices; you can restore them with that option πŸ˜€
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    i think there should be another option to the privacy policy in people who may know-there should be another option like "the people you follow and the people who follows you"
    hope you think about it
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sowjitha
    i think there should be another option to the privacy policy in people who may know-there should be another option like "the people you follow and the people who follows you"
    hope you think about it
    Could you clarify your point? You've the control over how other members interact with you through the privacy settings. Or are you suggesting changes to site's privacy policy (called terms & rules)?
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    The_Big_K
    Could you clarify your point? You've the control over how other members interact with you through the privacy settings. Or are you suggesting changes to site's privacy policy (called terms & rules)?
    i mean i am suggesting you another option in the privacy policy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sowjitha
    i mean i am suggesting you another option in the privacy policy
    Okay. But still not sure what you expect. Every member profile shows the count of other members who he/she follows or are his/her followers. If you click on the count; the list of users will be displayed.
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    there are options in privacy policy that the profile details are displayed to below select one of them
    a)all visitors
    b)members only
    c)people you follow only
    i suggest you to insert another option that is
    d) people you follow and the people who follows you only
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    i want answer for my following question that is
    How can i delete my posted threads please.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sowjitha
    i want answer for my following question that is
    How can i delete my posted threads please.
    Users can't delete their own threads or posts. If a thread has a reply; deleting it usually involves deleting other's responses as well. The best thing to do is to contact the admin/mods and let them know the exact issue/problem so that they can decided an action.
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    can i also get an id @crazyengineers.com The BIG k
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yanivx
    can i also get an id @crazyengineers.com The BIG k
    We're giving away @crazyengineers.net Ids. If you're interested, write to editor /at/ crazyengineers.com
  • Reya
    Reya
    Can we have superscript,subscript,image alignment,creating table options in Text editor?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Reya
    Can we have superscript,subscript,image alignment,creating table options in Text editor?
    Superscripts, subscripts are supported and tables are supported as well. However you'll have to use BB codes. We might get easy table creation facility depending on how many users need it. It requires lots of updates to the editor.

Subscripts can be achieved with [ sub] ... [/ sub] tags and superscripts can be achieved with [ sup] ... [/ sup] tags (without any space in between). Tables are bit complicated. We may have a tutorial. For example H[sub]2[/sub]SO[sup]4[/sup]

Image alignment isn't supported at the moment.
  • lal
    lal
    Any new news about the conference..? 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lal
    Any new news about the conference..? 😁
    It's not coming anytime soon. Why kill time?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I totally forgot, where is CEan Of The Month Title? Or we've removed it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    I totally forgot, where is CEan Of The Month Title? Or we've removed it?
    We hopefully will have the CEoM title displayed in another format. But can't say much about it at this moment. The new system operates in a different way internally. We may have a ribbon displayed for CEoMs.

We'll have to relaunch the CEoM initiative.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Is it possible to display one small icon under the profile? Then we can design some little icon for different contest we'd arranged on CE. Like for CEoM,Grand quiz,5th year quiz.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Hai Biggie, can you change the color for the separation bar between each post and the corresponding signature? It should be darker and a little more thicker.
  • lal
    lal
    @biggie, alright will wait then 😁

@anoop, Thats right. Some times its tough to differentiate between the post and signature.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright! Done

1. Made the post separator a little thicker & darker.
    2. Made the signature separator a little darker.

Does it look good?
  • lal
    lal
    Yes its better. Now its easy to make out what is post and signature.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe we should launch a signature contest to have really wonderful signatures πŸ˜‰
  • lal
    lal
    hmm.. Then I'll be setting one too 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Signature contest. . . Sounds good. πŸ˜€ πŸ‘
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    The_Big_K
    We're giving away @crazyengineers.net Ids. If you're interested, write to editor /at/ crazyengineers.com
    thanks Admin
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    yanivx
    thanks Admin
    Hi yanivx,
    Follow the instructions mentioned here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    AbraKaDabra
    Waiting for the access! πŸ˜€ Do I have an access?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Praveen-Kumar
    Waiting for the access! πŸ˜€ Do I have an access?
    πŸ˜’ Keep Reporting Spam and you have chance !! πŸ‘
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    There is no provision for duplicate posting?
    Like there should be some warning message that this is Duplicate Post reply.
    godfather
    πŸ˜’ Keep Reporting Spam and you have chance !! πŸ‘
    Yup! Am doing it! πŸ˜€ Sure... 😁
    godfather
    There is no provision for duplicate posting?
    Like there should be some warning message that this is Duplicate Post reply.
    GF! There is a difference between Duplicate Post and Bump! Which are you talking about?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Duplicate post check is there; and you need at least 30 seconds before you submit a new post. However, there's a problem with duplicate posts. I'll try to fix this in our next update.
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    AbraKaDabra
    Hi yanivx,
    Follow the instructions mentioned here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    i followed the procedure step by step but have not yet got an id :-(
  • adren022
    adren022
    Is there a possibility to upload a .ppt file ? (less than 3MB)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    adren022
    Yes you can upload a ppt. Simply click 'Upload a File' button at the bottom of the edit box and choose the file. Let me know if there are any issues.
    adren022
    You can use a third party site like SlideShare or Box.net right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    You can use a third party site like SlideShare or Box.net right?
    Well you can. But if those sites are blocked by corporate firewalls, people won't be able to view/download stuff.
  • adren022
    adren022
    When I click on upload a File, The files of .pps extension are not recognised. All other office extensions are being recognised except this one.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    adren022
    When I click on upload a File, The files of .pps extension are not recognised. All other office extensions are being recognised except this one.
    PPS & PPT are different file formats.
  • adren022
    adren022
    So can't upload pps ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    adren022
    So can't upload pps ?
    Check now. Should work.
  • adren022
    adren022
    will do, thank you πŸ˜€

Required this to upload a PPS for the pipe project asked in the mechanical section.
    adren022
    will do, thank you πŸ˜€

Required this to upload a PPS for the pipe project asked in the mechanical section.
    For being a fallback, you could have zipped the pps and attached... Or, you could have converted pps to ppt and uploaded... πŸ˜€
  • adren022
    adren022
    I don't have the tools to convert PPS to PPT at the office, all installations and downloads are blocked. πŸ˜›
    And as of now I don't have internet in the hostel here.

And do any forums allow uploading of zipped files ? Because of the possibility of a Virus threat many forums forbid uploading of .zip or .rar files.
    adren022
    I don't have the tools to convert PPS to PPT at the office, all installations and downloads are blocked. πŸ˜›

And do any forums allow uploading of zipped files ? Because of the possibility of a Virus threat many forums forbid uploading of .zip or .rar files.
    Hey, you can open the PPS using PowerPoint and Save the file as Presentation and not Show. PS: Just rename .pps to .ppt and it works! πŸ˜›
  • adren022
    adren022
    Thanks for that 😁 never thought on those lines, must be because of the fog in Gujarat πŸ˜›
    adren022
    Thanks for that 😁 never thought on those lines, must be because of the fog in Gujarat πŸ˜›
    Which lines? Fog in Gujarat? How are these related? πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    adren022

You can upload .zip files here. PPS - PPT I think is supported in Office 10, right? I'm happy with 2007 and in no mood to upgrade.
  • adren022
    adren022
    Praveen-Kumar
    Which lines? Fog in Gujarat? How are these related? πŸ˜›
    Fog is not making me see things clearly 😁 😁
  • adren022
    adren022
    The_Big_K
    You can upload .zip files here. PPS - PPT I think is supported in Office 10, right? I'm happy with 2007 and in no mood to upgrade.
    Even i'm using 2007 only. So can't convert here from PPS to PPT. Will upload .zip file once I get home.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We told you, December 01 won't be December 01 for CEans. We're quite excited and proud to present you the all new CrazyEngineers Forum. Your journey from being CrazyEngineers...
Every CEan has a right to report a spam/illegitimate/unworthy thread to the Administrator & the Moderators, so that immediate action can be taken to move/delete it. To do so, use...
In the new CE-Forums, CEans you can share status updates & let other CEans know what's happening right now with you.πŸ‘ To do so, Hover your Username on the top-menu...
This link gives you the details about the trophy-system ladder. https://www.crazyengineers.com/help/trophies I will post a chart here about the colors and no. of posts required to climb up the ladder....
I hope you had a chance to read the news about the new Google Navigation Bar. If you haven't yet, check it here - https://www.crazyengineers.com/google-redesigns-the-google-navigation-bar-1373/ Here's a google video explaining...