New section for vehicle updates and news

With a lot of autocrats and automobile freaks Recently we have a overflow in the number of threads that tells us a lot about cars, Bikes Autoshows and even other vehicles

Why not we take this as an opportunity to fully utilise the contributions even more effectively?

Guys I am sure this is time to start our own Vehicle section which covers threads about all vehicle reviews and stuff

What is your take CEans ?

Seriously our current Mechanical section is too much crowded with reviews of new vehicles

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Jeffrey Samuel
    With a lot of autocrats and automobile freaks Recently we have a overflow in the number of threads that tells us a lot about cars, Bikes Autoshows and even other vehicles

Why not we take this as an opportunity to fully utilise the contributions even more effectively?

Guys I am sure this is time to start our own Vehicle section which covers threads about all vehicle reviews and stuff

What is your take CEans ?

Seriously our current Mechanical section is too much crowded with reviews of new vehicles
    I agree with you, it would be good and improve CE.

Specially Automobiles and Mechanical Engineers would enjoy that section a lot.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am in.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Sanyam Khurana
    Specially Automobiles and Mechanical Engineers would enjoy that section a lot.
    Not just automobile and mechanical engineers, but also all the automobile loving enthusiasts out there would love this. Burn Rubber, not your soul!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So do we want a new dedicated forum for automobile news?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We currently have two sections for the news. The 'Engineering & Technology News' section basically has all the content we wrote on our older platform (WordPress). Since we couldn't merge all the content at the time of import, we had to create a separate section for all the news that our dedicated authors wrote.

InFocus was our official section for discussing the news - in which anyone could contribute.

We've never seen the automobile section getting so many news items. It looks like the auto section is getting flooded with news because it earns CEoM points. I don't expect it to keep on getting content forever (would love to be proven wrong though ๐Ÿ˜€ ).

There are two options we've been evaluating.

1. All the news written by dedicated authors (VoiCE) will go into Engineering & Technology News section; irrespective of its category (CS, IT, Robotics).

2. Only allow for news items to be posted by the dedicated authors, so that the technical discussion sections will have exclusive non-News items.

We had decided to write the news in their respective sections to keep the forums alive and generate content in all the sections, than just one section. But we've already received a few complaints that most of the discussions on the site are 'news', so there's nothing to discuss.

Would love to have your feedback and whether the auto news section will continue to get news updates (even if it's not made the part of CEoM contest).
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Come on mate too many cars and bikes come out every time we are sure to get it more populated

So I am sure it will be updated every day till we have new car or bike release

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As concentration to replace petroleum fuels are now developing all over the globe the next fuel option is bio-fuels when compared with the electric vehicle type. But production of bio...
I'm thinking of a Project on "Robotic arm controlled with the eye movement"...can anyone suggest me about how to start this...I want to do it using cmos camera rather than...
Sony has a lot of expertise in the portable digital music player segment with its extensive range of Walkmans, headphones and speakers. Many of you must have bought either one...
Hello, I want to learn about BackTrack OS Just downloaded BackTrack 5 R3 from the official site https://www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/ I want to learn it from scratch.. Does anyone have any idea...
Spark-Renault SRT_01E is a pure technical innovation in the field of Automobile. As all us know there are F1 championships held every year for gasoline powered F1 cars but from...