new project ideas

Dear frnds,

Give some different and new ideas for mechanical project.

it should challanging

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Almost all exercise bikes use adjustable friction pads to vary the resistance. Consider designing a bike with a generator. Resistance can be adjusted by adjusting the charging current to a storage battery. Bonus: the user gets some stored power forthe effort put in.
  • vishal deokar
    vishal deokar
    thank you sir
    you mean bike generated power is use to offer resistance. resistance increase or decrease with ratio of speed or force applied
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What I mean is that if the bike is linked to a generator it can generate power, which will be available for other purposes. However, an exercise bike should have a variable resistance so that the user can adjust the effort. What has to be designed is the power train linking the bike to the generator so that at a higher setting more power will be generated. I think that a commercially available variable gear for bikes may be sufficient.
    At higher setting a larger charging current will be available.
  • vishal deokar
    vishal deokar
    thanks GURU,

i will going to study on it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yes, you heard it right. The Centre for Materials Elaboration and Structural Studies of the French National Centre for Scientific Research is hosting the world’s first nano-scale Grand Prix. The...
why i need to learn arm programming is this helps me to be an employee
Chinese electronics manufacturer Xiaomi has taken things to the next level by unveiling their new phablet, the Mi Max today in China. Xiaomi has supersized everything on the Mi Max,...
Hi mates, this page is created in order to help students studying CISCO R&S......................Contributions will be highly appreciated................... Please i will need help on how to download CUCME files..........Thanks
Cloud computing may well disrupt 'design to manufacture' gap. This article describes how collaborators get their act together in a virtual interacting space: https://www.theengineer.co.uk/how-cloud-based-design-is-enabling-a-new-generation-of-innovators/?cmpid=tenews_2273740