New method of energy generation landmark use of fusion

I currently have a patent application for a method of energy generation involving pre cutting a monolithic piece of the earth above an underground fusion explosive. The explosive then'pops' the piece of pre cut material from the ground where the large piece of land sort of rolls away from a cavity it creates. Once a cavity is made this way the method further includes operating a turbine/generator by lowering the weight removed or other weight back into the cavity. This method of pre-cutting the surface area of a cube of earth several thousand feet in depth and width and removing it with an explosive may be around 5% efficient to the killowatt power of the explosive which could range into the billions of kwh for a fusion explosive. This method of removing a pre cut piece of the earth with an explosive sounds like a big task but the explosive does all the work, only the sides and bottom of the cube need to be done in preparation. If it costs less to do the pre cutting and the refining and raw materials for the explosive then it would be a valuable use of fusion fuel. I already did experiments with a brick in a shaped cavity dug in the ground and fireworks and the pre cutting method removed 10 times the amount of weight displaced by the same fireworks surface blast. Anyone interested in looking up the patent application can do it by searching Trevor Hawthorne and patentscope. This is the 'cleanest' method for power generation in my patent capable of using the highest percentage of fusion. It is also a fairly safe method when considering contamination. It also is a safe method because a billion dollar business would only need several to ten cavity's created from the dimensions suggested so there would be a limited use of explosives. The use of fission in this method is 8 times more efficient then in current nuclear power plants. The use of fusion is not seen in any other power plants.

So can anyone who is a knowledgeable engineer if you could , try to answer if their is a way to pre cut a cube of land while it still remains in the earth on all sides of the cube if it is 4,000 ft wide and the cost of doing so (remember only the surface area of the cube needs to be cut or removed)?

My main concerns are moving the experimental stage up to larger explosives through government authority, finding investors, and becoming a landmark use of billions of kwh of fusion fuel converted to kinetic energy in weight, converted to electricity by refilling the cavity created.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    How on earth (or under the earth in this case) will a fusion explosion be uniformly distributed over a two square kilometer of the bottom surface of the cube and how will the 1.3 kilometer cube of earth move intact as a single mass up without shattering?
    This is not a PPM. I have even seen patents for a PPM device. Even the physics does not gel.
    If one considers this carefully, it is similar to IC engine working.

You can consider using a powerful laser beam directed downward moving around the selected periphery on a trolley. Once the periphery is cleared one can do the same for the bottom surface after lowering the laser down through a tunnel.

Incidentally how will this mass (about 10 billion tons weight) be supported and lowered to collect the potential energy?

Pure SciFi if you want my opinion.
  • trevor johnson
    trevor johnson
    Is that true about lasers being able to cut throught the earth and rock? I ve never heard of that. I'd like to know more about it.
    A.V.Ramani
    How on earth (or under the earth in this case) will a fusion explosion be uniformly distributed over a two square kilometer of the bottom surface of the cube and how will the 1.3 kilometer cube of earth move intact as a single mass up without shattering?
    That's a good question concerning the properties of explosives. I m not sure if the energy from the explosion is uniformly distributed or if the energy is focused on one single point. I imagine the energy is focused on one single point in the block of earth being moved sort of like punching a big ball where your fist is the explosion of energy that moves the whole ball. These are methods that there are no record of ever being attempted before. My early observations from fireworks indicate that a sizable piece of earth could be removed by an underground explosive blast if the earth above the explosion is pre-cut.

The cavity created can be refilled by any number of different weights. A conveyor or bucket system could be used to lower the giant block of earth now laying on the surface or a water turbine could be used between the cavity and a nearby water source that is if the cavity is at least partialy below sea level.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    We did try explosive forming of metals to get a feel of the activity. Lots of fun and a bit of scare. We made a few aluminium tumblers after all that circus.
    The explosion is radiating. That is, it starts at the location of the explosive and expands spherically out ward in all directions. There are grave doubts if such a large mass as being considered will move vertically up as envisaged.

You may succeed better if you use the side of a sheer mountain wall with a large weight (Maybe an iron cylinder or a hollow cylinder filled with rock) lowered by a crane generating power as the weight comes down. Let the weight be guided into a buried cylinder considerably longer than the weight. Use your explosion concept to shoot the weight back up to the starting point near the top of the cliff and start the cycle again all over. This way you would have harnessed the explosive power continuously.

There is a lot of published data on laser cutting of rocks.

Please check these out:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

More here:
    Google Scholar

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quoting from official blog : Repositories on GitHub are about to get a brand new look. The new design improves navigation and simplifies page layout, all while improving the code...
CEan @Praveen-Kumar put this up on FB:
HP Inc. has now introduced the Elite x2, a tablet-cum-laptop which is the successor of the HP Spectre X2. This tablet has come into highlight for two reasons. One, it...
how indicated mean effective pressure depend upon air capacity of ic engine and what is its formula?
how indicated mean effective pressure depend upon air capacity of ic engine and what is its formula?