New for game creation. Please help me with basic ideas!

I am totally new for new for game creation. I am studying Final year Information Technology and I would like to complete my Under Graduation's Final project by creating a game. But, the problem is I am not good in programming. Moreover I am not allowed to use C & C++ for my final year project( Any other language can be used). I have 7 months of time to complete my project. I would like to know what are all the tools i should download and need some basic ideas for creating a game. It is not that i should create a very difficult game. I should do something that is interesting and worth my Final year project. Please guys do help me. I am really interested in creating games!!!

Replies

• Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Go for Unity 3d
    Unity is a flexible and powerful development platform for creating multiplatform 3D and 2D games and interactive experiences.
    It uses C# and Javascript as programming languages
    for more details:#-Link-Snipped-#
    Free Online tutorials:Make a Videogame from Scratch - Tutorials - YouTube

It is little more than basic(i.e. tic tac toe)
  • SREJA
    SREJA
    Jatin Asija
    Go for Unity 3d
    Unity is a flexible and powerful development platform for creating multiplatform 3D and 2D games and interactive experiences.
    It uses C# and Javascript as programming languages
    for more details:#-Link-Snipped-#
    Free Online tutorials:Make a Videogame from Scratch - Tutorials - YouTube

It is little more than basic(i.e. tic tac toe)
    Thank you
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Games are notorious and interesting as well .

It depends what game you would like to build, it can start as simple as sudoku solver in console and can range higher using 3d engines

Your choice as of now, should balance your skills and time
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    First of all, you need to scribble your idea of a game in a big chart. That will save your time in upcoming days of development. I am kinda surprised that you're not allowed to use C++, it's the one language that's been used most in gaming industry tbh.

Well, you can select python scripting language for game programming. #-Link-Snipped-# can guide you better in pygame programming. She's been creating one as hobby and it is one interesting game. You can help her in hacking it more and enrich it with some good features.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    try gamemaker
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Modern smartphones can detect your heart rate and blood oxygen content; but pretty soon, they'll also be able to detect common health related issues. The researchers at the Medical and...
The mankind is at an important point in the history of space exploration. On 14th July, NASA's deep space exploration mission 'New Horizons' will fly nearest to Pluto, gathering all...
I'm currently in the process of making a list of top features we'd like to have in our real time chat system. I personally am not a fan of the...
Quote: Broad Sustainable Building has again demonstrated its ability to defy the conventional constructions norm. Using 2700 prefabricated modules, constructed in their factory 4 months prior to assembly on-site in...
I've been hearing rumours that WhatsApp will soon have Like and 'Mark as Unread' buttons. The like button will appear on the photos and videos shared through the messenger and...