New Feature - Thread Prefixes!

CEans,

I'm happy to announce a new feature on CrazyEngineers - thread prefixes. We now have the ability to add a 'prefix' in the thread to make it easier to categorize the topics and search them easily. Currently, the thread prefixes are available only inside the Gadgets | Software | Apps section. We'll expand them to more sections in near future.

Look -

thread-prefixes

All of you have the ability to choose a thread prefix while creating a discussion thread inside the Gadgets section. It's easy -

Create-Prefix

I hope you like the feature. If you have suggestions for the thread prefixes for our other sections, let us know in the comments below ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To try out the feature, go to our #-Link-Snipped-# section.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It is really easy to distinguish now. ๐Ÿ‘ Love the new feature. Also, adding drop-down to choose the prefix makes it more likely to be used by all.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It's great... more visibility while surfing forum ๐Ÿ‘
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Is it like tags for threads? Can there be more than one prefix, then?

Also, what if I want to include some word which is not in the drop down list as a prefix? I don't see a way to enter text myself, in the prefix.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    silverscorpion
    Is it like tags for threads? Can there be more than one prefix, then?

Also, what if I want to include some word which is not in the drop down list as a prefix? I don't see a way to enter text myself, in the prefix.
    It's not same as 'tag'. There can be multiple tags but not multiple prefix. Prefix is basically a further 'categorisation'. For example, instead of creating sub-sections for Android, iOS, Windows and so on; we've included prefixes that let people identify and search (click on the prefix) threads related to those prefixes.

For example, in CS | IT | Networking section, we can introduce 3 tags for questions specific to CS / IT / Networking, etc.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Awesome! we can add some basic prefix to all sections like Help,Solved,Idea etc.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    That's really a nice idea. And for CS Section, we can have Java, C, C++, .net so on. It becomes very easy for us to identify, Search the threads ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜
  • Reya
    Reya
    As #-Link-Snipped-# said, we can have prefix for all programming languages.

Prefix for hardware, software related issues and all operating systems will also be good.

Adding subject name as prefix will be quite helpful to learn.
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thank you so much for introducing this feature ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    For Electronics Section :-
    1. Power Electronics
    2. Microcontroller
    3. Software
    4. Hardware
    5. PCB Design
    6. Stepper Motor
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    i am lovin it....๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quora can be a great place to get professional answers to your professional questions, but 'Answer Underground' is a place for professional answers to hmm, the unprofessional questions. The app...
Hi seniors, Is there anybody to provide information about career after VIT Mtech CAD/CAM...please tell me the present placement scenario...avg packages ...highest and lowest of the same....thanks inh advance please...
I know a lot of you already have secured a job with leading companies in your countries. I, however, want to know what you inner voice says about your 'readiness'...
If you grew up playing with Lego blocks and have built the awesome structures using them, while stepping on the pieces once in a while to get badly hurt, you...
The recent Massive Grid Blackout in India turned the world's attention to Electricity problems prevalent in this country. There were reports about India trying to focus on clean/green power (mostly...