Neurocam - The iPhone camera that reads brainwaves & records everything that's interesting

How do you like the idea of a camera that doesn't wait for you to press record button and starts capturing everything that you think is interesting? Well, neurocam, is the world's first wearable camera that reads your brain waves and then starts recording everything that your brain thinks is interesting. The system comprises of a headset with a brain-wave sensor and iPhone. The system constantly monitors your brain and keeps a record of all the things you find interesting and maps them on a scale of 0 to 100. As soon as the interest level goes beyond 60, the system will capture a 5 second video in the form of gif animation.

slide

The engineers who developed this neurocam say that they used iPhone so that the computing, analysis and image capture can be done using a single device. The system is still a concept and there are lot of possibilities. The neurocam is a result of the neurowear project being developed at Keio University in Japan. Professor Mitsukura along with others are working on this project.

Professor Mitsukura and team expects that in the near future, they'll be able to create an emotional interface to link to a wider range of devices and link services to people's thoughts and feelings. Since the device is hands-free, it's capable of capturing a life log of the things you found interesting.

With wearable computing rapidly trying to be mainstream and gadgets like Google Glass finding lot of popularity, it won't be long before the device will quickly tell the shop-owners what things you like and allow them to offer discounts. There are several interesting ways this system can be used. We'd like to ask our readers all the interesting applications they can think using this system.

We've a video that shows the system in action. Check it out -

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• srimugan
    srimugan
    if it affect the brain?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    srimugan
    if it affect the brain?
    To the best of my knowledge, it does not affect brain. It only records the brainwaves (signals) which vary according to brain's activity. There are various areas of the brain responsible for managing various activities and motions. The device captures the activity and responds accordingly.

Check out an even more interesting project on similar lines: Brain-to-brain interface lets you control your friend's physical movements
  • srimugan
    srimugan
    thanks i understood..?but the human brain waves still doing a lot of functionality how it works with the speed equal to brain..?
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    i don't really think this will actually work in the real world!!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    prahumac
    i don't really think this will actually work in the real world!!!!!
    Any specific reason you think this won't work? The prototype is already ready and the team is working on making it more practical. Of course we won't see several people using it; but I think it'd be a great travel accessory. I won't have to take out my camera all the time to capture photos of the things that interest me.

I'm quite sure Google would be interested in buying out this technology for their Google Glass project.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah. The first thing that came to my mind was applications of this technology in Google Glass.
    Everything boils down to the mind and its power in the end. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anybody tell which place is better? consulted few tour agency, they are providing package that include kerala, lakshadeep and kanyakumari. Which one to go for? 1)andaman only 2)lakshadeep 3)this...
Zen Mobile is a brand of Teleecare Group in India known for manufaturing mobile devices for more than 15 years now. It has launched a new smartphone called the Zen...
CEans, On November 26, 2013; CrazyEngineers will celebrate its 8th anniversary and we want to make CEoM (CEan Of The Month, November 2013) very special. About CEoM (New Members Attention):...
The festive carpet has been rolled out, and pretty soon the Diwali-feeling shall be lighting up your moods (or firing your ass, it's the perspective.). Are you running hither-tither looking...
Following question has been asked by CEan @ibrar through contact us email. I'm posting it here for all the experts. Here it goes - I need your help if you...