Netbeans or Eclipse

I am a student of B.Tech,final year and I am selected as an Assistant System Engineer Trainee and I will be a part of Application Development and Maintenance in that IT company.
To play my role in the company is there any benefit in knowing Netbeans or Eclipse?If yes then which one and why?

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Use IntelliJ IDEA
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Netbeans or Eclipse are Integrated Development Environments (IDE). The IDE makes it tad easy to develop and maintain code on your machine and they typically integrate with versioning systems and debugging systems. If you are developing any medium to large application; you SHOULD use IDE. Period.

But you should first know which IDE or environment is your team using. There are plenty of tutorials available on the Internet that will make you familiar with these IDEs.

Vishal0203
    Use IntelliJ IDEA
    I've become a fan of JetBrains products! I've been using the phpStorm IDE for all the PHP related development and it's turning out to be awesome!
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Go for Eclipse. Its far more easy and user-friendly.

Also you will never face difficulty in updates, version incompatibility etc.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Vishal0203
    Use IntelliJ IDEA
    I once tried to download it from Internet and there were two versions. One was available for free and the other had payment issues.
    Could you brief me in on this?
    Assume that I have to develop android applications.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    proffy
    I once tried to download it from Internet and there were two versions. One was available for free and the other had payment issues.
    If you have to develop android apps, use Android Studio. That's a JetBrains product too. And its free (thanks to google).
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    proffy
    Vishal0203
    If you have to develop android apps, use Android Studio. That's a JetBrains product too. And its free (thanks to google).
    See, my concern was to know the difference between the two versions of IntelliJ IDEA (free and commercial version).

Android development was just a metric that I used to know about the two versions.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    proffy
    The free version would definitely be a good start. If you are specifically developing for Android, you should go for Android Studio which is offered by Google; but at its core it's based on IntelliJ IDEA.

You should go through the comparison between free and professional version before you make the decision: #-Link-Snipped-#

Again; it a matter of personal choice. Eclipse has been a proven solution for Java development and you can of course try downloading all the IDEs and see which one you like the most. With prior experience with an IDE, you should be able to grasp any new IDE that you will be required to work on.
  • Shreena Verma
    Shreena Verma
    Go for eclipse...Most IT companies use it if we compare the both. As it is user friendly and does not take much memory as compared to net beans.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys am the new member to this can you tell how this site will help me.
Gionee Mobiles has been late to the entry level smartphone party with the recent launch of Pioneer P3S. The Gionee Pioneer P3S was unveiled on the company website and put...
Nanoengineers from UC San Deigo have come up with a method to remove carbon dioxide (CO2) from air and convert it into a usable solid form aka calcium carbonate. To...
Fellow Crazy Engineers & Entrepreneur @Rupam Das has been selected as a finalist in the APEC Accelerator Network Summit & Global Challenge. He is one of the 30 startups from...
A lot of students seem to be taking gap year, some willingly and most because they couldn't crack one or the other entrance exams. Some students have to give up...