Needs vs Financial Products

Starting out to make money is the greatest mistake in life. Do what you feel you have a flair for doing, and if you are good at it money will come. - Greer Garson

The media is flooded with information about all sorts of financial products. Newspapers and magazines will contain articles about whether it is the best time to invest in stocks or not. Television programmes will extol the benefits of a particular segment or a company, billboards on your way to work will tell you which IPO's and NFO's are in the market and its important to be aware of these things. But the question arises should you go by these things. The answer is little tricky. The important thing is to first ascertain your needs, determine your goals and find out your risk appetite. Then you need to shortlist the financial products that will fulfill these goals. You will be better of knowing your own self than knowing financial products. So don't begin your exercise by whats available in the market and then shortlisting a chosen few. Star with what you want.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CrazyEngineers feels proud to announce the launch of 'Founders Circuit' - A series of exclusive interviews with kick-ass startups & their founding teams from all around the world. The name...
CEans, Welcome to 'Founders Circuit - The Venture Capture Series' : An initiative to expose all of you to the exciting & amazing world of entrepreneurship. Through this initiative, we'll...
Hi all, i am kishore i have done my btech in 2013 with computer science.. and recently i have completed my CCNA certification.. now my problem is.. when i am...
Has anybody heard about DSSD course. I m going to join Banglore(Knowledge park). But there is a problem I don't know placement records of it. Please share your ideas of...
CEAN.,,,,,,,,,Please help me to learn image processing