Need Job ! What shall i do to get one ?

Hi there,
I'm a 2014 batch passout B.Tech ECE engineer. My academics are 10th - 73%, 12th - 77% and B.Tech - 59%. I know I screwed up my Engg. Unfortunately college didn't made any efforts for placement drives and all those job portals/websites only flushed my email with BPO jobs. I didn't gave AMCAT or E-Litmus yet because I was not so sure whether I would get a call from any company considering my academics. Feels like a "RoadBlock of Life". My confidence is all time low.

PS : Thinking of joining Java Class. Will it help in any sense ?

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Which field are you interested in? Find that field. Join a relevant side-course / certification course in that field you like. Try. Apply for Jobs through online portals and other media. No getting a job still? Try Harder. That's how all people work it out. You'll land one eventually. But always go for what you like.
  • NaveenTulsi
    NaveenTulsi
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks man for the input.{

Yes, I'm interested in IT field. Was good at C\C++ earlier. Did some research and now I'm confused between .NET and Java. Don't have any info/knowledge about both and so don't know which might be best for me.
    A friend has also suggested me of Software Testing Course here in Delhi. But this course will need a certification exam later to get a Job. Also I went through some websites of training institutes and have found some interesting courses. Like

Java Training

J2ee Training

.Net Training

ASP.Net Training

PHP/Mysql Training

C & DS Training

C++ Training

SQT Training

SEO Training

Oracle Training

Python with Linux

Web Designing
    Graphic Designing

What do you suggest from these course, which could attract a job opportunity the earliest.
    Which ever has a application in small scale industries/companies ?

Hoping to make a good career.
    Please guide me through.

Thanks in advance.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    NaveenTulsi
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks man for the input.{

Yes, I'm interested in IT field. Was good at C\C++ earlier. Did some research and now I'm confused between .NET and Java. Don't have any info/knowledge about both and so don't know which might be best for me.
    A friend has also suggested me of Software Testing Course here in Delhi. But this course will need a certification exam later to get a Job. Also I went through some websites of training institutes and have found some interesting courses. Like

Java Training

J2ee Training

.Net Training

ASP.Net Training

PHP/Mysql Training

C & DS Training

C++ Training

SQT Training

SEO Training

Oracle Training

Python with Linux

Web Designing
    Graphic Designing

What do you suggest from these course, which could attract a job opportunity the earliest.
    Which ever has a application in small scale industries/companies ?

Hoping to make a good career.
    Please guide me through.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi, IT field is good but each option you mentioned above has different fields/levels of scope. Look at what's best for you. Best to look at some famous Smart City's website for available Job Opportunities.

You should know that:There's no particular formula to landing a good job. Your ultimate AIM must be to use these courses or job opportunities as props to get to your ultimate dream job.

Why don't you also check out the options you'd have in Networking/Telecommunications? Though it may not be as rewarding in the beginning, but with constant effort you can get to good positions. Moreover, you'd stay within your degree if you select Telecommunications.

Whichever course you do, you NEED to write the certification exam.
  • NaveenTulsi
    NaveenTulsi
    Anoop Mathew
    Hi, IT field is good but each option you mentioned above has different fields/levels of scope. Look at what's best for you. Best to look at some famous Smart City's website for available Job Opportunities.

You should know that:There's no particular formula to landing a good job. Your ultimate AIM must be to use these courses or job opportunities as props to get to your ultimate dream job.

Why don't you also check out the options you'd have in Networking/Telecommunications? Though it may not be as rewarding in the beginning, but with constant effort you can get to good positions. Moreover, you'd stay within your degree if you select Telecommunications.

Whichever course you do, you NEED to write the certification exam.
    Hi Anoop,

Thanks for the advice man.
    Yes i will think about Telecommunication/Networking domain. Have heard about CCNA certification and its further levels. I hope this will be a good option for us from ECE.

Please throw some light on CCNA job opportunity ? which might help me? also some good institutes for this?
  • avii
    avii
    Start by learning programming
  • NaveenTulsi
    NaveenTulsi
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hi avii,
    I just know C/C++.
    Please suggest what language shall i learn ?
    One which has a good demand and scope. Here in Delhi many of my friends are jobless, they know Java. Net but of no use now.
  • avii
    avii
    Knowing many language doesn't get you hired, knowing programming does.

Anyways, since you know C/C++, show me what projects have you done using those?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I am no IT expert (though have professionally worked as a programmer for 2 years). I wasn't good with my Engg score, either. And most of the times, that has no correspondence with your intellect. I have generally seen that people with a lower achievement at one level work doubly as hard to prove their worth on the next. I am sure you shall get a good job (may not be as high paying as every engineer thinks, but a job nonetheless). Keep trying hard, and look out for small companies/start-ups. They can provide with a varied experience, which you can NEVER get at any MNC. After you have built your credibility, move onto that high paying job.

Al you have to do, is work hard at landing a good starting job, and things get rolling there on. Do not look for the money at this stage, look for the exposure. All the best bro!
  • NaveenTulsi
    NaveenTulsi
    Shashank Moghe
    I am no IT expert (though have professionally worked as a programmer for 2 years). I wasn't good with my Engg score, either. And most of the times, that has no correspondence with your intellect. I have generally seen that people with a lower achievement at one level work doubly as hard to prove their worth on the next. I am sure you shall get a good job (may not be as high paying as every engineer thinks, but a job nonetheless). Keep trying hard, and look out for small companies/start-ups. They can provide with a varied experience, which you can NEVER get at any MNC. After you have built your credibility, move onto that high paying job.

Al you have to do, is work hard at landing a good starting job, and things get rolling there on. Do not look for the money at this stage, look for the exposure. All the best bro!
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks bro.
    I will do my best to get one.

avii
    Knowing many language doesn't get you hired, knowing programming does.

Anyways, since you know C/C++, show me what projects have you done using those?
    Hi Avii I have used C/C++ coding during making my robotic projects. Simple small projects. Like one is Moving Robo vehicle using DTMF tech, Line follower robo.

Thats all.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I am am Mechie but always had a very good handle on C++ (at least I used to think so), and that got me hired as a CAD developer. I ended up working 2 years in Mechanical Software development. I can second #-Link-Snipped-# on his view, knowing programming can get you places. Unfortunately, in India, Comp Science graduates do not have much exposure to C++/C#, I somehow do not get the reasoning behind such a design.
  • NaveenTulsi
    NaveenTulsi
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    So what do you suggest? what should i learn?
    you were lucky man.
    ๐Ÿ˜€
  • avii
    avii
    NaveenTulsi
    Hi Avii I have used C/C++ coding during making my robotic projects. Simple small projects. Like one is Moving Robo vehicle using DTMF tech, Line follower robo.

Thats all.
    Put them on Github.

and do more projects. Where your interest lies? You like to code with C/C++? Then do a bigger project using them. Try to solve a small everyday problem and put it on Github.

Profit.
  • NaveenTulsi
    NaveenTulsi
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    where do i find projects ?
  • avii
    avii
    You don't 'find' projects, you create them ๐Ÿ˜€

Just look around and you will find plenty of problems need to solve.

I am learning Go, so created myself a simple torrent client. May be you can do something like that in C/C++? or Download Manager using QT or some GUI library?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    NaveenTulsi
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    So what do you suggest? what should i learn?
    you were lucky man.
    ๐Ÿ˜€
    Umm, lucky? No, I had to struggle probably as hard for that job, but I loved programming even though I was not a CS engineer (or probably Because I wasn't a CS engr). Unless you love it, you cannot get better at it. My suggestion is to learn and work on what you like, rather than going completely by the industry demand.

Now I am not saying that go a complete tangent to the industry, that would be foolish. But don't do something you hate.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    NaveenTulsi
    Hi Anoop,

Thanks for the advice man.
    Yes i will think about Telecommunication/Networking domain. Have heard about CCNA certification and its further levels. I hope this will be a good option for us from ECE.

Please throw some light on CCNA job opportunity ? which might help me? also some good institutes for this?
    CCNA (+RHCE / MCITP or both) = Networking Engineer job (trainee atleast) Then you figure up the career on further gaining CCNP and if you're that good go for CCIE. Networking job is available in various fields. Try if you're interested. Hardwork required for whatever you try.

Another option is work as Network Engineer for 2-years and join M.S - Network Systems and Telecommunications or MBA - Telecom Management. This could ensure jobs in Telecom / Networking fields. This is just me throwing some light on this field. Figure out the rest.

Institution vise you've to figure out based on your locality.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LED systems are already a hot property all over the world. From portable electronics, smartphones to home lighting solutions, LEDs can replace conventional lighting in almost all areas. A recent...
There are so many mysteries on Earth which are yet to be explained scientifically. Lets try to solve them here at CE. Go On!! Take a CRAZY Guess CEan!!๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž 1)...
ASHISHJAINETE submitted a new project: Remote Control For Home Appliances - The circuit is connected to any of the home appliances to make the appliance ON/OFF. ABSTRACT: Remote control for...
ZipDial, a Mobile Marketing and Analytics platform that focuses on Emerging markets, was founded by Valerie Wagoner, Amiya Pathak and Sanjay Swamy in the year 2010. Valerie Wagoner has worked...
Deploying Internet to the millions of users via WiFi from the sky has been on the target list for the tech giants Google and Facebook for over an year now....