Need Info about upcoming Field : Joining after Break

Hi,

I am computer Engineer . Worked in Infosys for 4 years main experience in Testing manual and automation . I left Infosys for Civil Service Preparation . Then I joined Bank of Baroda as Assistant Manager , But as I was not getting enough time for Preparation I left Bank in April 2014. I worked there for more than 1 year . Unfortunately I could not clear Civil Service Mains Exam this year. Now I want to join job.

As I am joining After Break , I need your suggestion about upcoming fields where I can Use IT knowledge , Banking Experience and Knowledge in the process of Civil Service Examination .
I heard About Cyber Law course in IGNOU and Asian Law institute Pune .Please give your suggestion about this course also.

Thanks and Regards,
Dipti Shinde

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dipti Shinde
    As I am joining After Break , I need your suggestion about upcoming fields where I can Use IT knowledge , Banking Experience and Knowledge in the process of Civil Service Examination .
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-# .

I think your diverse experience would be useful in the IT industry - specifically with the company that has QA projects for BFSI clients. If it's an option - consider going back to Infosys, TCS, Cognizant or other similar companies that work with such clients. I'm not sure if your past experience in QA would be relevant in Cyber Law domain.
  • Dipti Shinde
    Dipti Shinde
    Thanks For your reply ..
    As I m joining back after a gap of an year , will it affect opportunities available for me?
    Can you suggest any relevant certification or short term course ?

Regards ,
    Dipti
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dipti Shinde
    As I m joining back after a gap of an year , will it affect opportunities available for me?
    It shouldn't but you will definitely be asked about your break. Be prepared to handle questions which will require you to justify your actions during the break. I'd recommend trying to get back into the same project you were in before because that's going to be the easiest thing to do.

If you are opting to get back into the QA role, I'd recommend getting advanced certification in QA. If you haven't had exposure to automation testing, you should equip yourself with that knowledge as well.
  • Dipti Shinde
    Dipti Shinde
    Thanks for your suggestion ..
    I am planning to do banking domain and testing related certification .

Thanks,
    Dipti
  • ram_149955
    ram_149955
    Just curious but why don't you try for other government jobs like Probationary officers or State government jobs.

I am confident that you will land in a decent government job more easily than an IT job after this gap.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello @Kaustubh Katdare sir I m starting my career as .net developer and i saw some sites like indian payscale for salary because after all all we r working is...
Currently, the high performance permanent magnets that are used in wind turbines as well as automobile engines make use of a rare earth element called 'Dysprosium' which is really costly...
A lot of buzz got around as TATA initiated a campaign called # WeTheNanoGen as it was prepping to take the wraps off the latest variant of its people's car,...
Good Morning all, i know this website is for Engineers but its the most helpful website i have ever seen. I have completed my MCA in 2014 but didnt got...
can any one plz suggest me how to get onsite oppurtinities? m not working in any MNC`s Companies m working in statup company i have more than 1 year experience....