Need Help with Internet Problem

Hi there !

I'm facing some issues with my net. For like 1.5 day their server was down, now it's up and running, still there are issues.

Some sites are not opening at all (like w3 Schools)

Some sites are loading but without images (CE) {only on some pages}

Some sites are working perfectly (gmail & fb)

My friend recommended me to change dns settings to Open DNS and I changed it to :

DNS : #-Link-Snipped-#
Alternate DNS : #-Link-Snipped-#

Previously, issue was resolved, but now this didn't work.

I talked to my ISP, they say the server is up, and all is fine.
But on my side, things are really messed up. Can anyone help me?
#-Link-Snipped-# can you suggest anything?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Pretty simple issue to address, I guess. Your have issues with the DNS server and the best way to fix it up is to update your DNS settings to use Google DNS:

Use: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Images on CrazyEngineers are served from Amazon CDN. If Amazon isn't accessible from your locations, the images won't load. Make sure that your settings are working fine. You should be able to find your active DNS address by typing "ipconfig/all" in command prompt.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Pretty simple issue to address, I guess. Your have issues with the DNS server and the best way to fix it up is to update your DNS settings to use Google DNS:

Use: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Images on CrazyEngineers are served from Amazon CDN. If Amazon isn't accessible from your locations, the images won't load. Make sure that your settings are working fine. You should be able to find your active DNS address by typing "ipconfig/all" in command prompt.
    Only images in articles aren't loading, rest all are loading for me, even profile pics are loading fine.

Nope. Google DNS isn't working 😔
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Try flushing your dns cache!
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Try flushing your dns cache!
    Yup, already done long ago, nothing happened. :/
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Which OS you are using? and Browser?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Which OS you are using? and Browser?
    Both Ubuntu & Win8

In windows tried on Firefox 30.0, Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m, IE.

In Ubuntu tried on Firefox.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Your ISP may be the source of the problem. Try "Obtain DNS server address automatically" setting. It may work.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    1: What are the results of Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    2: Do you have any proxy configured on your browser? if so then disable it
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Manish Goyal
    1: What are the results of Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    2: Do you have any proxy configured on your browser? if so then disable it
    1. Unable to open even speedtest.net 😔
    But while downloading anything it gives me normal speed I used to get earlier.

2. Nope. Not using any proxy.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ping speedtest.net, if it working, then there is similar discussion going on here, it may help you
    Just a moment...
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Manish Goyal
    ping speedtest.net, if it working, then there is similar discussion going on here, it may help you
    Just a moment...
    Ping is working fine 0% data loss. Reading the discussion.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Few basic tests to localise the problem:

if you are using wifi, try using internet via a LAN cable.
    Also, try accessing internet via other devices to see if you can replicate the problem
    take your laptop to your friends house and see if problem is replicable.
    Also, if you know anyone else who uses same ISP as yours, check with them too.
    That should help you determine where the problem is.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    durga
    Few basic tests to localise the problem:

if you are using wifi, try using internet via a LAN cable.
    Also, try accessing internet via other devices to see if you can replicate the problem
    take your laptop to your friends house and see if problem is replicable.
    Also, if you know anyone else who uses same ISP as yours, check with them too.
    That should help you determine where the problem is.
    Tried on my phone, w3schools not working, and some other sites as on my laptop.

Nothing happening.. What the hell, I can't even see half of the sites fully. 😔 😭😭
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    I m pretty sure its ISP problem then!
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    whiz.kid.aniket
    I m pretty sure its ISP problem then!
    MTNL service. 😕😡😔👎
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    This is irritating, after numerous calls, the problem isn't rectified. 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Opera has finally released the new version of its Opera Mini Web Browser For iOS. The updated version embraces iOS 7’s colourful elements which was long due. The complete UI...
I have the following questions How to calculate the required rack travel ? How to do the steering design ? (Rack and Pinion)
Following are the screenshots of Google's upcoming iteration, Android L. Pictures are blatantly copied from Anandtech, all credits go to them. Applaud 'em. ​
Instead of offering one paid app for free for each day, Amazon has gone all out and launched its "Epic Summer App Bundle” promotion in which users can download $100...
I've got 425 rank on (A+B+C). and there are 357 people above me for DESD. my questions are: Which is the best center to do DESD(considering placement)?. Will I get...