NEED HELP - SOM question - urgent

I NEED A ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION

A beam of length lis continuous over two equal spans and carried on three supports at the same level. If one span has moment of inertia I and supports a uniformly distributed load of intensity w per unit length and other span has moment of inertia 2I and carries a central load of wl, Find max. bending moment??

Replies

• twister
    twister
    urgent help reagrding a question

I NEED A ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION

A beam of length lis continuous over two equal spans and carried on three supports at the same level. If one span has moment of inertia I and supports a uniformly distributed load of intensity w per unit length and other span has moment of inertia 2I and carries a central load of wl, Find max. bending moment??
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Refer your SOM book!
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    here is a brief procedure:

1. resolve the uniformly distributed load as a point load, and represent this load to act at the centre point of the span.

2. determine the three support reactions.

3. then starting from the rightside end draw bending moment diagrams,

4. the maximum bending moment occurs at the peak of the bending moment diagram.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Those interested in robotics will love this - CG at RoboBusiness 2008 Highlights: The Robotic Snake What do you say? 😁
The psycology of a successful engg. is :- "Dare to think, but care to achieve it....." Its true for all famous persons. Just realise the depth of meaning of this...
Got any innovative ideas in Biomedcial Engineering,......😛Ure place is right here😛!!!!!!!
I am happy to be associated with u people. If anyone have some on Titanium welding pl feel free to ask me😁
Is anyone came across the tar compression of too many files using org.apache.tools package... I do have problem when i tried to compress the file name with japanese character Plz...