need help--> MS in automobile engineering from Germany and USA..

Greetings..!

My name is Diksha and I am an Industrial Engineer.. I want to pursue my masters in Automobile Engineering..
I am not clear on few things stated below:

1. Good universities of USA and Germany for MS in Automobile Engineering..
2. German universities having the above said course and especially have intake between January 2013 to April 2013..

My academic records are:
1. BE Aggregate (Industrial engg.) - 68%.
2. XII - 87%.
3. X - 83%.

I am a regular reader of crazyengineers and I appreciate the efforts you put to help the students like us..
I hope my queries would be solved with apt information..
Thank you..! Have a nice day..! πŸ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Check German Institutes Here: #-Link-Snipped-#

For USA: Automotive Engineer

I hope this helps. I request CEans to post more information about this.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Here are the names of top universities for MS in Automobile Engineering in the US :

1. University of Michigan, Michigan State University and Michigan Technological University
    2. Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
    3. Cornell University
    4. Kettering University
    5. University of Texas at Austin, University of Texas at Arlington and Texas A&M University
    6. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
    7. University of California, Davis
    8. California Polytechnic State University
    9. Clemson University
    10. Georgia Institute of Technology

You can easily find out their official websites and see their application process.
    I will have to find out the best ones in Germany. Let us know which ones you have found out.​
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I recommend not doing MS automobiles from USA. Germany is the best place where you can get the best education. This is as per my friends studying in both the countries.

As far as Automobile technology is concerned, USA is 10-15 years ahead of world. Germany is 10 years ahead of USA!
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Issue
    I recommend not doing MS automobiles from USA. Germany is the best place where you can get the best education. This is as per my friends studying in both the countries.

As far as Automobile technology is concerned, USA is 10-15 years ahead of world. Germany is 10 years ahead of USA!
    Thank You..!
    Even I agree to what you have said.. I prefer Germany to US for Automobile sector. But then do you have any idea of their intakes.. I guess the deadlines for courses commencing 2012 October are already over.. Like I want to know if German universities intake students apart from October..? Do they have course starting between January to April..? and their deadlines for application..
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I cannot comment about that. You will have to search for the respective German Universities regarding their courses. I will try to give you names of German Universities.
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Issue
    I cannot comment about that. You will have to search for the respective German Universities regarding their courses. I will try to give you names of German Universities.
    I'll appreciate if you could give me those names.. thank you..!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Check this out- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Issue
    Check this out- #-Link-Snipped-#
    Useful it is..
    Thank you issue, abrakadabra and the big k ..! πŸ˜€
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    AbraKaDabra
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Here are the names of top universities for MS in Automobile Engineering in the US :

1. University of Michigan, Michigan State University and Michigan Technological University
    2. Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
    3. Cornell University
    4. Kettering University
    5. University of Texas at Austin, University of Texas at Arlington and Texas A&M University
    6. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
    7. University of California, Davis
    8. California Polytechnic State University
    9. Clemson University
    10. Georgia Institute of Technology

You can easily find out their official websites and see their application process.

I will have to find out the best ones in Germany. Let us know which ones you have found out.​
    @AbraKaDabra--> I've found this course in Germany which starts in winter as well as in summer. Now that i've the course details and the university, could you please help me regarding the status of the university, its ranking.. How good it is.. And could you please focus on the essential things which one would consider while selecting the university taking into consideration the above stated university.. I mean could you please tell me how is this university overall..?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    dikshalakhe
    @AbraKaDabra--> I've found this course in Germany which starts in winter as well as in summer. Now that i've the course details and the university, could you please help me regarding the status of the university, its ranking.. How good it is.. And could you please focus on the essential things which one would consider while selecting the university taking into consideration the above stated university.. I mean could you please tell me how is this university overall..?
    Have you chosen one or two names? We can help you on the basis of your choices only.
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    @AbraKaDabra--> yes, I've shortlisted two German universities to choose from.
    1. #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. #-Link-Snipped-#.
    Now can you please help me?
    I'm more interested in fh-aachen.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Some reviews given here will be of help -
    Fachhochschule Aachen | Ranking & Review
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Here is a ranking of all the universities in Germany -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Mechanical Engineers #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# could be of help here.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I will see this thread today evening. Marking it.
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    #-Link-Snipped-# I really appreciate your efforts to make me available with these reviews.. It is indeed useful.. Thank you..! πŸ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sure.. Looking forward to your response as well..
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    ok, here it is. Once you have decided to take admission in German University. You will have to make sure following things. This is what I can think of. More information will be added as I remember. Also ask questions so that I can answer-

1. Course structure: Important because, the courses in their universities are very diverse and not like that of India.
    2. Passport and Visa Application: You can have a passport but you can get a visa only after you get acceptance letter and i20 documents from the University. PLUS, you have to show that you can pay complete tuition fees of the course or can take a loan to pay it.
    3. Technical Aptitude: Once you get admitted in German University, the focus is not on passing the exam, it is on getting knowledge.
    4. Internship: IN the summer hols, internship is must to increase our technical knowledge.
    5. Job Offer: I assume that you will be applying a job. The people have job fairs. It is more similar to the off campus placement offers in India.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#,
    Do take a look at University of Esslingen: Esslingen University .
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#,
    Do take a look at University of Esslingen: Esslingen University .
    #-Link-Snipped-# --> Actually I've visited the site of university of esslingen, but it does not have course starting in summer..
    could you please mention the universities which have courses starting in summer..?
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    @
    Issue
    ok, here it is. Once you have decided to take admission in German University. You will have to make sure following things. This is what I can think of. More information will be added as I remember. Also ask questions so that I can answer-

1. Course structure: Important because, the courses in their universities are very diverse and not like that of India.
    2. Passport and Visa Application: You can have a passport but you can get a visa only after you get acceptance letter and i20 documents from the University. PLUS, you have to show that you can pay complete tuition fees of the course or can take a loan to pay it.
    3. Technical Aptitude: Once you get admitted in German University, the focus is not on passing the exam, it is on getting knowledge.
    4. Internship: IN the summer hols, internship is must to increase our technical knowledge.
    5. Job Offer: I assume that you will be applying a job. The people have job fairs. It is more similar to the off campus placement offers in India.
    #-Link-Snipped-# --> Thank you for the useful information..
    And i'll definitely ask any doubt that i might come across..
  • gohm
    gohm
    I know you are now primarily focusing on Germany but if you are still considering some schools in the US, Cal Tech & Georgia Tech both have really strong programs.
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    gohm
    I know you are now primarily focusing on Germany but if you are still considering some schools in the US, Cal Tech & Georgia Tech both have really strong programs.
    Thank you for the addendum.. Do you have any idea of the gre score required for these institutes..??
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    AbraKaDabra
    Have you chosen one or two names? We can help you on the basis of your choices only.
    Yes I've chosen University of Michigan, Michigan State University and Michigan Technological University. Do you have any idea that what GRE score is required to take admission into these institutes..??
    If these universities consider GRE score as a whole or separated of verbal and quants..?? Please help me..

One more thing that is not clear to me is, when i visited the site of Michigan university I was not able to find the explicit course for MS in Automobile. By what name the course in automobile is referred..??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    For Michigan Universities, on the old GRE students required 1500 or more. So, you can figure out what kind of score will be required in the new GRE.
    If we see at the trends, applicants admitted to the top 10 universities in any case had an average old GRE quant score of 660 i.e. 61st percentile, about a 152 on the new GRE.

And you are right, some universities care more about quant and others care more about verbal.
    What you can do is talk to the admissions committee of every university that you are targeting and contact their current students. Go to their website and find a contact to email. Let them know you are a prospective student and provide some background about yourself. In many cases, schools will try to connect you with a current student who has a similar background to you. Use that opportunity to learn about the admissions process and the program as a whole.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If you ask in general scores above the 75th percentile in either section are good Γ’€“ thatΓ’€™s a 157 or higher in math and in verbal.
    I think this concordance table will help you: #-Link-Snipped-#
    It is from the ETS website.

And for your last question, I think these links will be of help -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Some of my insights

As far as European univs are concerned ..GRE is not mandatory but optional . A good score in TOEFL(mostly) or IELTS (some univs) is enough .But you profile should be stellar profile to crackout top univs at Germany .Some univs work exp is counted

European univs ...specifically Germany is excellent for automotive Engg .
    Tech univ Munich
    Univ of AAchen
    Univ Stuttgart are some top notch univs !!!

Also chck Tech univ Hamburg ...univ Karlsruhe...univ of Dresden !
  • gohm
    gohm
    dikshalakhe
    Thank you for the addendum.. Do you have any idea of the gre score required for these institutes..??
    Ga tech:

Verbal: 572
    Quantitative: 778
    Analytical Writing: 4.3

Cal tech is about the same with a combined average score I believe around 800
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    As far as US univs are concerned
    1) Caltech
    2) Texas Austin
    3) MIT
    4) Carnigie Mellon
    5) Univ of Maryland
    6) Stanford
    7) Michigan Ann Arbor
    These are not even considered to be the top most univs . These are elite schools in which GRE and TOEFL is not only the criteria . You must be school ,college topper and you should have submitted minimum of 3 to 5 international journals or papers . Simply these univs are tough nut to crack and most of all GRE split up Math - 780+ and Verbal - 760+ very very ambitious to get . Work Exp might be an add-on to ur profile

1) Georgia tech
    2) Texas AM
    3) North carolina
    4) univ of southern california
    5) Univ of Florida
    These are also ambitious but can be able to crack ! if you have good profile and luck favours !!!
    All above mentioned most of the schools GRE and TOEFL are mandatory .

GRE is not mandatory for European schools .
    ATB πŸ‘
  • suresh parel
    suresh parel
    dikshalakhe

hey... will you plz send me the list of colleges n universities of Germany who offering M.S. in automobile...??? n also the ranking of that...

do reply..
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    suresh parel
    hey... will you plz send me the list of colleges n universities of Germany who offering M.S. in automobile...??? n also the ranking of that...

do reply..
    browse through the older posts in the same thread, you will get the answer for your question..
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    German Academic Exchange Service - DAAD - German univs list and all infos !! but u need to decide upon urselves about which univs by spending sparing time in each and every univ specific link !!!
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    Vignesh Raghav
    Some of my insights

As far as European univs are concerned ..GRE is not mandatory but optional . A good score in TOEFL(mostly) or IELTS (some univs) is enough .But you profile should be stellar profile to crackout top univs at Germany .Some univs work exp is counted

Tech univ Munich
    Univ of AAchen

hey raghav good to know that some universities ask for a work experience but what all universities that do not ask for work experience i completed my graduation and planning to go for next june.....!!!
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    Vignesh Raghav
    Some of my insights

Tech univ Munich
    Univ of AAchen

hey raghav do they bother more about the graduation percentage.....??
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    dikshalakhe
    #-Link-Snipped-# i am too interested in automobile engineering in germany so can you send me the list of the universities you saw the admission's that are open for the next summer...
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    dikshalakhe
    @AbraKaDabra--> yes, I've shortlisted two German universities to choose from.
    1. #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. #-Link-Snipped-#.
    Now can you please help me?
    I'm more interested in fh-aachen.
    @dilshalakhe is aachen asking for work experience and did you join the colleges in which did you join........
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Relevant work exp would be make your profile more stable . But its not mandatory for universities .

A good score of TOEFL would do good (may be 100+ out of 120) . But your acads plays a vital role . I would say statement of purpose(acronym for SOP) also should be in favour . So its not all about your grad score . Letter of recommendation is a must (atleast 2 from university proffessors) .

You can also try swedish univs , netherland,germany ,swiss ,Finland .

1) AAchen
    2) Techu univ Munich
    3) Stuttgart
    4) Hamburg
    5) Karlsruhe
    6) Dresden...and some more are German univs

1) Chalmers
    2) Linkoping
    3) Jonkoping (sorry abt the spelling 😘 )
    4) KTH royal inst of tech ...some more are swedish univs

1) Swiss federal inst of tech
    2) Univ of Zurich ....some more are Swiss univs

1) Delft netherlands - Netherlands

Aahaa...forgot to pinpoint foremost important ...guess whhaaaaaattt ???? β˜•

Language πŸ˜– .... whatever univs u apply at Europe make sure atleast you learn German language or some common one ..I surmise german language widely spoken language . They look for language proficiency . Try master in German language 😏 ...

Simple work is google out list of univs . But make sure your relevant course is available and also make sure u select English as a medium . If you forget... you are in dire disaster πŸ˜• cos German language is a prime teaching language there .
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    #-Link-Snipped-# hey thanks pal for the information i have seen in daad for automobile upto in that there are two universities with the same name fh aachen & rwth aachen.....in rwth the semester fees is very high up to 2.5 lakh/semester.........then there is another college esslingen university is not asking for the fees both the accommodation cost is becoming higher up to 250 euro's per month.....so almost all the universities are taking the intake in only winter semester only......
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Yep... πŸ‘ 2years before course fees were 0 . Only staying accomodation u need to take care .All univs were Govt funded . But then they changed the norms according to which some minimal amount has to be payed as education fees . Guess only for Nordic countries its free of cost . Nevermind 😘 scholarships are available . Try to hit it . If you are funded then no probs ...So start learning language !!! 😎
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    Vignesh Raghav
    Yep... πŸ‘ 2years before course fees were 0 . Only staying accomodation u need to take care .All univs were Govt funded . But then they changed the norms according to which some minimal amount has to be payed as education fees . Guess only for Nordic countries its free of cost . Nevermind 😘 scholarships are available . Try to hit it . If you are funded then no probs ...So start learning language !!! 😎
    so what are the means of getting scholarships i was a little bit poor in my academics can i get the opportunity of getting scholarships by showing my project works and recommendation letters from my professors......
  • suresh parel
    suresh parel
    dikshalakhe
    browse through the older posts in the same thread, you will get the answer for your question..
    i gone through that.. bt still confused.. which 1 is better?? to study in English or German Lang. course..???
    When u r planning to go der??
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    #-Link-Snipped-# actually my friends recommend that if we opt for english course then we need to show only gre and TOEFL scores are required but if you are opting for german courses you need to take the tests in german language too......even i am too planning to go to germany for the next winter semester.......most probably because most of the colleges are offering automotive engineering courses in winter semester only.........
  • suresh parel
    suresh parel
    Niru91
    #-Link-Snipped-# actually my friends recommend that if we opt for english course then we need to show only gre and TOEFL scores are required but if you are opting for german courses you need to take the tests in german language too......even i am too planning to go to germany for the next winter semester.......most probably because most of the colleges are offering automotive engineering courses in winter semester only.........
    hmm..n i found that only IELTS is enough to get admission in English course.. band should be above 6.5.
  • suresh parel
    suresh parel
    suresh parel
    hmm..n i found that only IELTS is enough to get admission in English course.. band should be above 6.5.
    Hav u finalize the uni. to get enrolled???
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    #-Link-Snipped-# nope yar still not the dates and time is over for the enrollment of all universities is before march 31 so i am now preparing for the exams. i have seen some colleges...., better you too go to daad in see about the colleges...it can give you better information about the dead lines so what about you.....
  • suresh parel
    suresh parel
    Niru91
    #-Link-Snipped-# nope yar still not the dates and time is over for the enrollment of all universities is before march 31 so i am now preparing for the exams. i have seen some colleges...., better you too go to daad in see about the colleges...it can give you better information about the dead lines so what about you.....

m planning to go in sept'13.. bt nt decided uni...
    may b go 4 FH Aachen or Esslingn or stuttgart or Munich
    i hav started IELTS...
    bdw where r u from??
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    hey even i started preparation for gre first then i am gonna start for ielts and TOEFL so i have also seen the same universities i completed my graduation....what about you...? i am from visakhapatnam where are you from....?
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    #-Link-Snipped-# hey just give me your mail id so that we can be in touch with each other.....
  • suresh parel
    suresh parel
    Niru91
    hey even i am started preparation for gre first then i am gonna start for ielts and TOEFL so i have also seen the same universities i completed my graduation....what about you...? i am from visakhapatnam where are you from....?
    before u go GRE.. plz ask some1 is that GRE is mandatory or not???coz i hav asked 3 to 4 Consultancy agents .. n they said.. GRE is nt required..
    m from SURAT, Gujarat..
    I have completed my B.E Mech. dis yr in June.
    ryt nw m planning to do job for 1 yr..n den al d way to Germany.. πŸ˜€
  • suresh parel
    suresh parel
    Niru91
    #-Link-Snipped-# hey just give me your mail id so that we can be in touch with each other.....
    ohk.. u cn find me on Facebook with this email-id:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    GRE is not mandatory for European Univs ...think before spending 8k to 10k for GRE !
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    Vignesh Raghav
    GRE is not mandatory for European Univs ...think before spending 8k to 10k for GRE !
    actually some friends of mine have written and got the admission through gre exam too so i will inquire once again then....
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    hey what is the difference between vehicle engineering and automobile engineering.....it is the course that is been offered in KTH royal institute of technology
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Niru91
    hey what is the difference between vehicle engineering and automobile engineering.....it is the course that is been offered in KTH royal institute of technology
    you visit the site and check the course description, there they mention all the subjects you will have to take in your masters.. so if u find any difference between them, then vehicle and automobile engineering are not same..
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    For all the discrepancy regarding writing GRE for German universities here is the solution..
    If u want to take a course in automobile or mechanical engineering at German universities, it is not mandatory to write GRE, but many of the universities want you to submit your GRE score.. for all othercourses it is not necessary to write GRE..
    I recommend you write GRE if you want to apply for the above said courses..
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    dikshalakhe
    For all the discrepancy regarding writing GRE for German universities here is the solution..
    If u want to take a course in automobile or mechanical engineering at German universities, it is not mandatory to write GRE, but many of the universities want you to submit your GRE score.. for all othercourses it is not necessary to write GRE..
    I recommend you write GRE if you want to apply for the above said courses..
    so GRE is not that important even TOEFL and ielts can do....for germany.........πŸ˜€
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Niru91
    so GRE is not that important even TOEFL and ielts can do....for germany.........πŸ˜€
    But for MS course in automobile and mechanical, GRE is important.. for rest it aint..
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    dikshalakhe
    But for MS course in automobile and mechanical, GRE is important.. for rest it aint..
    so your advice is to better take GRE exam.......thank you #-Link-Snipped-# πŸ‘ so what are your plans i mean in which branch are you going to do your masters.....??
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Niru91
    so your advice is to better take GRE exam.......thank you #-Link-Snipped-# πŸ‘ so what are your plans i mean in which branch are you going to do your masters.....??
    Yup, I advise u to write GRE.. Now i'm opting for Industrial engineering to do my masters.. Even my engineering major was industrial and i think i would not change my line of course because automobile is a bit technical field for one who has a background of industrial engg.
    N for industrial engg USA is better than germany.. but for automobile Germany is the BEST..
    So wish u al d best.. did u write ur GRE..?
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    dikshalakhe
    Yup, I advise u to write GRE.. Now i'm opting for Industrial engineering to do my masters.. Even my engineering major was industrial and i think i would not change my line of course because automobile is a bit technical field for one who has a background of industrial engg.
    N for industrial engg USA is better than germany.. but for automobile Germany is the BEST..
    So wish u al d best.. did u write ur GRE..?
    hey i have already given my gre once during my third year at that time i got very less score of 830 so i am giving it a try again now......in october any how the colleges do offer the automobile in only winter semesters max...so....so what about you did you give your gre.....?
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Niru91
    hey i have already given my gre once during my third year at that time i got very less score of 830 so i am giving it a try again now......in october any how the colleges do offer the automobile in only winter semesters max...so....so what about you did you give your gre.....?
    Yup, the colleges offer automobile in winter mostly.. very few english courses have summer intake..
    I did give GRE and scored 302 on a new scale of 340.. Now in the middle of application process..
    wish u al d bst this tym..! πŸ˜€
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    #-Link-Snipped-# so you are going to usa to which colleges did you apply....for....??
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Niru91
    #-Link-Snipped-# so you are going to usa to which colleges did you apply....for....??
    Yeah, I will go to USA.. Based on my score I've applied to 5 universities: 1. San Jose state university; 2. Arizona state university; 3. University of Florida; 4. Virginia tech; 5. University of Illinois at Chicago.. it is always better to apply to 5-6 universities..
  • Niru91
    Niru91
    dikshalakhe
    Yeah, I will go to USA.. Based on my score I've applied to 5 universities: 1. San Jose state university; 2. Arizona state university; 3. University of Florida; 4. Virginia tech; 5. University of Illinois at Chicago.. it is always better to apply to 5-6 universities..
    ya that's true........so all the best buddy hope so you get into the best........πŸ˜€
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    Niru91
    ya that's true........so all the best buddy hope so you get into the best........πŸ˜€
    Thank you very much..!
  • cris
    cris
    i am in last yr of electronics and telcom. engineering....i would like to do master in automobile either from germany or USA...is it poss to change the field now???
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Hi Cris ... I wud say there are no barriers to change the field . Before changing your field, make sure why do want to change your field and why not electronics and telecom . As there are lots of discrepancies between these two fields and both yields you profound knowledge in its respective fields . For an instance you should be passionate about Vehicle,assembling , automotive embedded systems, vehicle module communication . 😲

My past experience lies on automotive software for nearly 5yrs 😎 . So to my knowledge automotive or automobile engineering domain is vast . Telecom on the other hand has to do with communication engg which is also a diversified field .

About universities

You have loads of univs in US . But for automobile engg and any research oriented courses , I would say European univs are at its class best . Not only confined to German univs but also Sweden,Netherland,Switzrland . For Telecom or electronics, US univs can be approached but be cautious there might be pitfalls . As students jus for the sake of flaunting went to less than a par univs and fled back to India .Also cost is over the head and waste of money . πŸ˜’

SO MAKE SURE WHAT EXACTLY YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT !!! β˜•

Please wait for others comments and feedback πŸ‘ After some more feedbacks you get , Il try to list down some of the US univs and European Univs .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you for detailed response, #-Link-Snipped-#.

Vignesh Raghav
    SO MAKE SURE WHAT EXACTLY YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT !!! β˜•
    Agree 100%.
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Thanks Big K .. I am Honoured and always obliged to contribute 😁
  • shiva shankar
    shiva shankar
    sir, My name is Shiva Shankar. i had completed my b.tech in mechanical streaming. So, I want to Persume my master's in Germany. In automobile engineering especially intakes in January 2014.
    My academic records are as below:
    1.B.Tech(Mech) -74%.
    2.XII - 75.6%.
    3.X -76%.
    so, please suggest me the universities of automobile engineering in Germany.According to my academic profile please....
  • vinuchel24
    vinuchel24
    Hi...I graduated in ECE -2010, worked for almost 3 years as Software test engineer in a MNC, now got bored and resigned. I would like very much to join in the automobile industry.
    Kindly suggest me the path to do so? As far as I can understand from the superb comments and ideas in this forum, it is very much possible for a person with a electronics background to join the automobile industry. Please advice on this
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vinuchel24
    Hi...I graduated in ECE -2010, worked for almost 3 years as Software test engineer in a MNC, now got bored and resigned. I would like very much to join in the automobile industry.
    Kindly suggest me the path to do so? As far as I can understand from the superb comments and ideas in this forum, it is very much possible for a person with a electronics background to join the automobile industry. Please advice on this
    Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-#. I think it is possible for an E&TC engineer to join auto-industry; especially to take part of the advanced communications and electronics that goes into modern vehicles.

I think the best way is to short list all the Universities that offer the courses you like and see the eligibility criteria. Or simply write to the recruiting agencies or directly to the companies and ask them the same question.

I'm quite sure you'll find your way.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @#-Link-Snipped-# : It would be great and it helps many people if you post where you are studying and the quality of course and details etc πŸ˜€
  • vinuchel24
    vinuchel24
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-#. I think it is possible for an E&TC engineer to join auto-industry; especially to take part of the advanced communications and electronics that goes into modern vehicles.

I think the best way is to short list all the Universities that offer the courses you like and see the eligibility criteria. Or simply write to the recruiting agencies or directly to the companies and ask them the same question.

I'm quite sure you'll find your way.
    Thanks @#-Link-Snipped-# .. I have gone through the forum in deep and even found out the list of German Universities....Also most of the posts here are very informative... Keep up the good work
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Make sure you participate often and make this place even better for everyone else πŸ˜€
  • Junaid khokhar
    Junaid khokhar
    Hello..
    I m in 3rd year b tech mechanical student and I want to do ms in automobile @ Germany but the thing is I already got 6 kt's and I love automobile since I was a kid... so what you suggest ?will i get admission in Germany inspite having this many kt's ??
    Will be waiting for your valuable comment....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology ICT has developed a new polyurethane based sandwich material that seems to answer all tests for structural strength and flame resistance. This can lead...
A generation of experienced engineers are approaching retirement in the UK without suitable people to replace them. I feel that the situation is not far better in India and probably...
I did basic searches on Google but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'd appreciate if you could give me pointers to relevant sources. Here's what I'm trying to do:-...
My full name is Tsion Getachew Beka.i live in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).i'm fourth year ECE (communication stream)student in Addis Ababa university institute of technology.i like reading,watching movies,chatting with friends &...
Engineers are considered to be doers and not talkers. The best they can manage is to sketch something and use monosyllabic jargon in talking to others of the ilk. But...