Need help in finding details about Biogas

Hi CEans after so much googling I am here to ask a help to all.I want to make a paper presentation on the toopic Biogas-The future fuel of IC engines.For that I need some details on Properties,Composition,Comparison b/w fossil fuels and Biogas but I dont know where to find the best website to find all answers.I googled many times so please help me.😭

Replies

• Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    I think the site given below tells how biogas is being produced

#-Link-Snipped-#

This is modern biogas production plant

#-Link-Snipped-#

and finally this is the best i have seen so far making of biogas this may help u to understand their properties

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    Check out ford f250 i think it uses the biogas digestor
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Thanks mate but links gives only prep of biodiesel.i am talking about biogas!!!!!!.......
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    s now only seen i sent wrong link third one
    @#-Link-Snipped-# sir,
    Need help .Do you think biogas can make a good replacement as renewable fuel for IC engine.
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    No i don't think so. We have to search for their availability and their storage placed and capacity. Also it should give same torque and power as IC engines. Most important factor is that i must have the ability to bear heavy loads.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I feel that this was covered earlier:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Can we add ethyl mercaptan to biogas to induce smell which is used in liquefied petroleum gas to induce smell?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CSK AUTO
    Can we add ethyl mercaptan to biogas to induce smell which is used in liquefied petroleum gas to induce smell?
    Mercaptan is used to detect LPG leaks in closed spaces to alert to hazards. This may be less relevant in vehicles. The sulphur in the molecule will become SO2 on burning. This may lead to smog production if all vehicles use such a fuel. However, it depends on quantity of SO2.
    Thanks sir.It helped me a lot.
    @#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nissan, the Japanese multinational automaker, is here with some awesome news. The company has promised to bring in the market the first "commercially-viable" self-driving car by 2020. Whoa! The last...
If you are like millions of others (nothing to be proud of it) who spend waste hours on Facebook looking at totally useless stuff - there's a way to fix...
The UK P 50 billion High Speed Rail line HS2 is receiving a lot of flak. A thing touted as an engineering marvel (it could well be) is getting bogged...
Engineers at MIT and National University of Ireland (NUI) have developed a 3D mapping algorithm that can create highly detailed indoor and outdoor 3D maps in real time. The research...
Researchers, Rajesh Rao and Andrea Stocco of the University of Washington have developed world's first human brain-to-brain interface. Using the technique, Rajesh Rao was able to control the movements of...