Need help in Clearance measurement, microController interface

I am an electrical engg.. doing a final year project.
its used to find the clearance between any 2 objects.

the output of the clearance sensor is a voltage..
im using ADC0804 to convert it into digital.

Earlier i thought i could interface the adc to the trainer kits available in my college.. but i realized its not possible..

so tomo im going to buy a micro controller. and make the connections .

But i dont know how to
1> interface Uc with some display.

had searched on the net and i got this #-Link-Snipped-# (some connection like this would be favourable)

2> i need to do this on a bread board
(cant spend time to get a pcb made)

3> i got a keil program for adc0804 interfacing with 8051 using Port 0..
#-Link-Snipped-#
but the connections are not easy to figure out. the diagram is obvious but how do i physically do it?

😕

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys I think you all know the new TVS JIVE bike and its speciality. So I really want to know how it actually works without a clutch?? Lets discuss...
hi to all can someone help me out in knowing the latest technological advancement in the Variable compression ratio for automoblies using telescoping connecting rod. specialy the use of electro/magnetorheological...
In any office there are more than 10,000 key presses on a single keyboard in a day. I was thinking that the energy required for pressing each key is going...
im in my final months of my military career and am heading into schooling to become what ive always wanted. mechanical engineering is something ive always showed interest in and...
Hi all, I always hearing that querying a database is alaways a performance issue in the J2EE based web applications. How far its true? and what basis the performance is...