Need advice: To join C-DAC or not? & Information about C-DAC NOIDA

HI friends
have you heard of the institute" C-DAC" in India which offers PG Diploma course in embedded .VLSI and other software courses?
I know that C-DAC Hyderabad is very reputed in embedded system based training but i have very little information on C-DAC Noida,one of my best pals has cleared that exam but he is in two minds ,whether to go for it or not?
Does anyone here know about C-DAC Noida ? I want information about its faculty and about the placements.Please help my friend

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anyone here to answer this? I don't have much idea about C-DAC.
  • devesh
    devesh
    if you are going for CDAC then the best centre is in pune and hyderabad.The Noida centre is not that well established.I am not saying that it will not fetch any job but then you have to be one of the toppers there.If you look into the IT market then nowadays there are less jobs in software sector and if you are planning to go for a job in vlsi or any electronic job then you must be very careful as these company's takes only selected candidates which fits in completely instead of taking in bulk like IT majors do.So first think and then go for the option.
  • goswami_vidit
    goswami_vidit
    HE BRO HAV GATHERED INY INFO ABU DA CDAC
    ME TOO GETTING ADMISSION IN DSSD COURSE IN CHENNAI
    DO U HAV IDEA ABU DAT
    PLEASE COOPRATE IF ANY U WUD LIKE 2 SHARE VID ME THANKS
    shiva kumar
    HI friends
    have you heard of the institute" C-DAC" in India which offers PG Diploma course in embedded .VLSI and other software courses?
    I know that C-DAC Hyderabad is very reputed in embedded system based training but i have very little information on C-DAC Noida,one of my best pals has cleared that exam but he is in two minds ,whether to go for it or not?
    Does anyone here know about C-DAC Noida ? I want information about its faculty and about the placements.Please help my friend
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Udit - please do not use ALL CAPS while posting on CE Forums.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    CDAC is a reputed training firm.So be it Noida or Hyd all will be same as par the brand is considered.
    You can do one thing contact Pune office on Board no. & ask about all key questions you have.
    Regarding career opertunity let me assure you that VLSI embedded design is in huge req. for core Electronics manufacturing industry.

Regards,
    J2R๐Ÿ˜

shiva kumar
    HI friends
  • er.akash
    er.akash
    I have done engineering in electronics and comm. please tell me which course I should go for in C-DAC and also tell me the prominent centers of it...
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    not bad at all............ researched a lot and finally even m doing training from c-dac mohali...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    er.akash
    I have done engineering in electronics and comm. please tell me which course I should go for in C-DAC and also tell me the prominent centers of it...
    I thinly you got the review about Pune and Hyderabad C-DAC as both of this are famous for Embedded and VLSI class.
  • pankaj jagzap
    pankaj jagzap
    hw abt cdac sunbeam karad. pls rply me at the earliest. if its nt that good i need to get my admsn back and my collg did nt chnge even in second list.
  • sahil agarwal
    sahil agarwal
    Hello lovejeet need some suggestion from you bro. Me too going for cdac mohali. Would it be ok to join cdac mohali. Are you sure that there will be some placements??
  • sahil agarwal
    sahil agarwal
    Hello lovejeet need some suggestion from you bro. Me too going for cdac mohali. Would it be ok to join cdac mohali. Are you sure that there will be some placements??
    lovejeet
    not bad at all............ researched a lot and finally even m doing training from c-dac mohali...
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    cdac isn't dat gud for 6 months training bro....... doesn't got dat gud responses..but still, its a nice place..
  • Cool Aks
    Cool Aks
    Hi, What I think is VITA from Mumbai is one of the best institutes for DAC course. As it caters the students with not one but best Faculties like Nitin Sir, Pangam Sir, Ketki Mam and Ponkshe Sir. This is what is needed to make the BASE strong in any field...Lot of guidance is given to Students through various seminars , competitions...and it has a very good atmosphere of learning and growing professionally. The studying environment and the support that the staff members provide to the students is instrumental. As for chances of getting placed 90- 95%, you will get atleast 20-25 chances to show your capabilities to some well known organizations..๐Ÿ‘
  • pankaj jagzap
    pankaj jagzap
    I wanted to ask u tht how is teaching quality out there .... and what are timings your training goes . Also please comment about the faculty . . .
  • Cool Aks
    Cool Aks
    HI pankaj
    You could go to their website: SM VITA and check their faculty. According to me b'coz of their faculty they are the highest in placements all over India.
  • arvindsinghcs11
    arvindsinghcs11
    According to me Vidyanidhi Infotech Acadamy(VITA),Mumbai is the best cdac center.
    I have done my PGDAC from VITA and i am very satisfied with the quality of education and placements they provide.
    Before joining VITA(My Second Home),i was unemployed for the past 6 months and was very disappointed.
    Then,one of my friend suggested me about VITA and i decided to join VITA after researching alot about it.
    The environment, they provide is very friendly,homely and Heart Winning.Education is given by Corporate Trainers(the best part).
    Apart from education it arranged for us many stress buster activities which increased our confidence level.
    They focus upon each and every Student.After 6 months of Hardwork by Vita Gang,I Got the Highest placement package in Mumbai.
    And all my classmates got placed in Good Companies.VITA is entirly responsible for my successful career.
    So,i will suggest you to visit it once and then take your decision.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    If you join C-DAC Noida, Job guranteed! Also you can work in some call centers in Noida in Part time for about 10k a month. Its cool.
  • demetron
    demetron
    Rupam Das
    If you join C-DAC Noida, Job guranteed! Also you can work in some call centers in Noida in Part time for about 10k a month. Its cool.
    is it even possible to work ...after 16 hours of rigorous training each day?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    And you really think there will be daily classes of 16 hours for a year? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • demetron
    demetron
    well i haven't been there yet so can't say,but they keep mentioning "rigorous training" every were in booklet to website,that's why, ๐Ÿ˜
    P.S. it's a 6 moths course ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Rupam Das
    And you really think there will be daily classes of 16 hours for a year? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Actually its like that according to one of my friend who's in Sunbeam.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Ok so you are getting into 6 months diploma? My friends joined C-DAC mostly to get that campus offer rather than any learning. I do not know if things have changed too much since 2004.
  • demetron
    demetron
    yup i also had a friend completed PG-DAC from acts pune in 2011 ....and he tells they had to follow very tight time schedule ๐Ÿ˜
  • PGonline
    PGonline
    shiva kumar
    HI friends
    For CDAC (Computers/IT) I would suggest you apply for Vidyanidhi Info Tech

Academy, Juhu, Mumbai.

The faculty here is extremely well-trained and will help you understand the subjects

thoroughly, which thus puts you in a position where you can crack ANY interview with

ease!

Not only does it have the HIGHEST percentage of placements in India but also helps

you develop personally as an individual.

This is the ONLY center throughout India that trains you in personality development,

GD, PI and Aptitude along with the regular studies.

For further info, please visit:

Oh by the way, I am an alumni, passed out in Jan 2012, and my experience with this

center has been EXCELLENT!

I would say go for this without a second thought! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PGonline
    PGonline
    demetron
    yup i also had a friend completed PG-DAC from acts pune in 2011 ....and he tells they had to follow very tight time schedule ๐Ÿ˜
    C-DAC has a tight schedule I agree, but you do come out a new person especially if the institute is good.

My friends from Pune C-DAC arent very happy with it, even though it is the main center!

I, on the other hand, completed my CDAC from VITA, Juhu, Mumbai this January 2012 and my experience with it was VERY good! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've this strong sense that these VITA folks are beginning to spam us. I'm tempted to ban them.
  • demetron
    demetron
    The_Big_K
    I've this strong believe that these VITA folks are beginning to spam us. I'm tempted to ban them.
    super like ๐Ÿ˜

And guys any one saying go to BLA BLA BLA institute "it is the best" having "Best placement" are just promoting there self,and don't follow them blindly.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The_Big_K
    I've this strong believe that these VITA folks are beginning to spam us. I'm tempted to ban them.
    You said the words out of my mouth. That actually means they are No.1 starting from end. A good institute would never require to do any spamming. Respect and status are earned. There's no shortcut.
  • PGonline
    PGonline
    The_Big_K
    I've this strong sense that these VITA folks are beginning to spam us. I'm tempted to ban them.
    Hi The_Big_K!
    There seems to be some misunderstanding here.
    See, if you use a product and if you are happy with the results, you are bound to tell people around you to use it.
    Similarly, if people express their happiness and recommend a particular coaching center, it can't be classified as SPAMMING.
    ๐Ÿ˜€

I was a student of VITA, and just felt that my experience should be shared on a public forum like Crazy Engineers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - with a userID like PGonline and initial posts praising an institute (which has been praised earlier by spammers) makes our eyes and ears more alert. You'll appreciate that we want to keep CE spam free. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PGonline
    PGonline
    demetron
    super like ๐Ÿ˜

And guys any one saying go to BLA BLA BLA institute "it is the best" having "Best placement" are just promoting there self,and don't follow them blindly.
    Hi Demetron!
    Now that I see it from your point of view, yea it may seem like "self promotion", but hey, I was just sharing my experience and believe me, I won't get ANY profit if you decide to join VITA tommorrow!
    The profit will be yours alone! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PGonline
    PGonline
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# - with a userID like PGonline and initial posts praising an institute (which has been praised earlier by spammers) makes our eyes and ears more alert. You'll appreciate that we want to keep CE spam free. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Hahaha... yea, I understand your point!
    PG stands for Prateek Gupta actually, so it means Prateek Gupta Online!

Sorry for the unimaginative name! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • demetron
    demetron
    PGonline
    Hahaha... yea, I understand your point!
    PG stands for Prateek Gupta actually, so it means Prateek Gupta Online!

Sorry for the unimaginative name! ๐Ÿ˜›
    ๐Ÿ˜› what a coincidence ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sachin.IT
    sachin.IT
    hi guys,
    i have got cdac noida for dac in the first round.
    i have spoke to a friend who is currently doing the same course in noida. actually hes a online friend(who plays with me). when i askedd him how it is he said it was OK. his response was not that satisfactory but its ok i guess. he said the campus was in location of IT park and has wifi for the campus. when i asked about the placements he said he didnt finish the course yet so he is yet to attend any interviews. i used to live in noida while ago and i can say that lot of cmnys are gng ter.

and cuming to this vita guys..i think they are just spamming(LOLed at it)...The_Big_K you should ban them they are misleading ppl.

i will try to find out more abt cdac noida...u ppl also try to put some effort.
  • pawar90meenu
    pawar90meenu
    can anyone tell me about cdac noida??
    i got admission in PGDITISS??
  • pawar90meenu
    pawar90meenu
    heyyyyyyyy fnds plzzzzz tell me about PGDITISS...is it good??
    i hv been alloted seat at cdac noida for PGDITISS...is it beneficial for me or not??
    plzzzz reply fast
  • hashmik
    hashmik
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do you really thing that they VITA,JUHU is spam.I too got vita juhu in 1st counselling for august 2013 batch.Can you please help me out .I'm baffled.trust these vita post or just quit .
  • ivar91
    ivar91
    What should i go for PG-DST or go for searching job......?/
  • arvindsinghcs11
    arvindsinghcs11
    We are Human Beings not machine.
    you must concentrate on one thing either study or job.
    This is only 6 months course so do not think about part time job
    In Vita Mumbai,There is only 12 hours of classes and Refereshment activities in between.
    You should not have fear about C-DAC.
    Before joining VITA i was also feared .
    But the Faculties are soo good that i started loving the subjects.
    Vita Gang made my PG-DAC a rememberable and life-making experience.
  • arvindsinghcs11
    arvindsinghcs11
    Rupam Das
    We are Human Beings not machine.
    you must concentrate on one thing either study or job.
    This is only 6 months course so do not think about part time job
    In Vita Mumbai,There is only 12 hours of classes and Refereshment activities in between.
    You should not have fear about C-DAC.
    Before joining VITA i was also feared .
    But the Faculties are soo good that i started loving the subjects.
    Vita Gang made my PG-DAC a rememberable and life-making experience.
    โ€‹

• Avi Srivastava
    Avi Srivastava
    Hi friends,
    I have completed my B.tech from CSE in 2013 with 76%,
    And i got CDAC,Noida for PGDAC in second counselling. so can any one plzz suggest me about that cdac center, is it good regarding placement and all..???is it to be rite for me or not??please suggest me..
    email-avisri.400@gmail
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    #-Link-Snipped-# shrivastav- its not dat gud in terms of placement and teaching quality......if you can wait and prepare for the next exam in december, it would be better i guess...
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    hey! everyone , i am preparing for cdac entrance that is going to be held in the December 16 ,so if you have any suggestions than please let me know. your reply is welcomed
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CE. Checkout links given below :
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I hope this will help. You will find plenty of threads related to C-DAC in #-Link-Snipped-#
  • tulip
    tulip
    hey guys, i want to know what is the last date for registration for c-cat exam dat is goin' to be held in december 2013?
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    If cdac is the suitable thing to get started with a software carrier and if it is true that cdac pune has 100% placement record?? Im confused. Please help
  • tulip
    tulip
    alok parmar
    If cdac is the suitable thing to get started with a software carrier and if it is true that cdac pune has 100% placement record?? Im confused. Please help
    hey can u please tel me how do u come t knw dat the c-cat exam is on 16th december, coz it wsnt mentioned on c-dac's websit
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    tulip
    hey can u please tel me how do u come t knw dat the c-cat exam is on 16th december, coz it wsnt mentioned on c-dac's websit
    i saw it on internet but I didn't remember "site ", but I know I saw it and I'm not considering it confirm . Update as soon as I get updated
  • tulip
    tulip
    alok parmar
    i saw it on internet but I didn't remember "site ", but I know I saw it and I'm not considering it confirm . Update as soon as I get updated
    ok, thank u, n if u get t knw 'bout the dates for registration for c-cat (december) den do update plz
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    tulip
    ok, thank u, n if u get t knw 'bout the dates for registration for c-cat (december) den do update plz
    And it would also be really great on your part if you avoid using SMS Language in forums

Mate we will surely update this thread when we the date of the exam is released officially
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    alok parmar
    Just received a mail.

" The following students have received 30 or more than 30 chances in our Aug'2013 CCPP(placements) and hence no more eligible for further placement assistance."

So, no 100% placement, if you understand what I mean...๐Ÿ˜˜
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    [Prototype]
    Just received a mail.

" The following students have received 30 or more than 30 chances in our Aug'2013 CCPP(placements) and hence no more eligible for further placement assistance."

a
    [Prototype]
    Just received a mail.

I dont exactly understand your first few lines about receiving a mail . But I do understand that cdac is like another trap for freshers
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    alok parmar
    a
    I dont exactly understand your first few lines about receiving a mail . But I do understand that cdac is like another trap for freshers
    Well you understood exactly opposite of what I was trying to convey. I am former CDAC student and in the mailing list of placement team. Whenever a company visits, they send mail to everyone, whether the company is for your branch or not.

What I meant was, despite of giving 30+ chances, if you're not able to get yourselves a job then you've no right to blame CDAC for not getting you placed. That way, no one can GUARANTEE 100% placement. Their responsibility is just to bring in companies & they do it great, at least for DAC if not others. If you're not getting placed, its not their fault.
  • tulip
    tulip
    Jeffrey Samuel
    And it would also be really great on your part if you avoid using SMS Language in forums

Mate we will surely update this thread when we the date of the exam is released officially
    ok, i will remember not to use sms language again.
  • tulip
    tulip
    Friends, i know there are many courses in c-dac to choose from, can you please suggest which course would be the best for a b.tech fresher who wants to go in the field of software development using asp.net with c#, programming in c and c++ .
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    [Prototype]
    Well you understood exactly opposite of what I was trying to convey. I am former CDAC student and in the mailing list of placement team. Whenever a company visits, they send mail to everyone, whether the company is for your branch or not.

What I meant was, despite of giving 30+ chances, if you're not able to get yourselves a job then you've no right to blame CDAC for not getting you placed. That way, no one can GUARANTEE 100% placement. Their responsibility is just to bring in companies & they do it great, at least for DAC if not others. If you're not getting placed, its not their fault.
    Whats your status . Have you got the placement . How many companies came at your time ?? How many of your batch mates got placed ?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    alok parmar
    Whats your status . Have you got the placement . How many companies came at your time ?? How many of your batch mates got placed ?
    For DAC over 100. It was good for Wimc too, 30+ I guess.
  • tulip
    tulip
    Dates for online application form for c-cat : start date is 20/10/2013 and last date is 28/11/2013, date of exam is 8th dec 2013 and 15th dec 2013
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    [Prototype]
    If 100+ companies are visiting than it is very good , but still some students didn't get placed , why is it so ?? Will you please let us know that what is "essential" for getting into an IT company even after doing DAC and what are the causes behind the reason that few students failed to make it through the companies selection process?
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    tulip
    Dates for online application form for c-cat : start date is 20/10/2013 and last date is 28/11/2013, date of exam is 8th dec 2013 and 15th dec 2013
    Thanks bro
    Are you preparing for it ? If yes than how is it going ?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    alok parmar
    If 100+ companies are visiting than it is very good , but still some students didn't get placed , why is it so ?? Will you please let us know that what is "essential" for getting into an IT company even after doing DAC and what are the causes behind the reason that few students failed to make it through the companies selection process?
    Never miss class at cdac. Sounds easy but its difficult and only if you're determined, you'll get through it. 12-13 hours of class is no joke, that too for 4-4.5 months straight. Oh and don't count Saturday or even Sunday as holiday. You'll have classes 7 days a week in starting months. Later you may get holiday on Sundays.

Well, I am not from IT field, so I don't exactly know the reason, but its pretty obvious. Someone is better than you or at least they grabbed the opportunity to make that impression in front of the interviewer. Now, that's why you're going to cdac, to improve yourselves. If you remain serious with your goals, I am sure you will not seek a second chance. But as I told, its very tough and many people just can't cope up with their sleep or other things which cause them to lag. Don't think you missed 1 day class, its 13 hours of work by which you're lagging behind. There are next to no holidays so you don't have any chance to compensate those 13 hours.
  • tulip
    tulip
    [Prototype]
    hello, can u please tell what is the difficulty level of c-cat exam? its around 1 month +some 10 days left for the december exam , can one prepare in a month for this exam and get good rank?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    tulip
    hello, can u please tell what is the difficulty level of c-cat exam? its around 1 month +some 10 days left for the december exam , can one prepare in a month for this exam and get good rank?
    The exam is not too tough.
    Section B seems to be difficult for most (ECE guys). Rest, the exam is very simple. 1 week is more than enough provided you've clear concepts from Engineering.
  • KedarPatil01
    KedarPatil01
    Do CDAC only from good centers. Pune's centers like ACTS, Sunbeam, KNOWIT and IACSD are good ones.
  • KedarPatil01
    KedarPatil01
    KNOW-IT Pune is excellent. Acts, Sunbeam are also good but very very crowded due to large number of admissions (more than 200 per batch). Know-IT has got excellent trainers, their placement ratio is also good. These guys focus a lot on fundamentals. This helps during placement a lot. Very nice center for DAC.. visit Index of / for details
  • tulip
    tulip
    [Prototype]
    Section B seems to be difficult for most (ECE guys). Rest, the exam is very simple. 1 week is more than enough provided you've clear concepts from Engineering.
    how 'bout the classroom's environment, approx how many students'are there in a class? i hope its not that crowded that one can not even put up questions, one more thing do the faculty start from the basics or one already needs to have a good knowledge of the subjects and they only tell you how to improve? and no holiday on festivals even ?
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    Not so many says are left for ccat exam regt but more than half seats are available.. Im confused if this is lack of attention of students or something is not right .. Like I don't believe anyone in this money trapping world so I dont believe cdac ( that everything verygood here at cdac and placement is awesome with tnc applied) because the links under the placement section are all dead :O , so tell me why and what i tend to believe ..

KedarPatil01
    KNOW-IT Pune is excellent. Acts, Sunbeam are also good but very very crowded due to large number of admissions (more than 200 per batch). Know-IT has got excellent trainers, their placement ratio is also good. These guys focus a lot on fundamentals. This helps during placement a lot. Very nice center for DAC.. visit Index of / You must be a Know IT franchise for details
    You must be a Know IT franchise
  • tapan ghosh
    tapan ghosh
    hi,

I have completed my B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering in the year of2008.After completeing Btech I worked in a S/w company Cyndrake solutions as a Software trainee for 11 months, But suddenly the company got insolvent and released all of its employees. Since July 2010, I am working in telecom domain However, there is no hope or ladder in this field. after completing my three and half year in this field I give up hope to enhance my career in this field. Right now I have firmly decided to switch in Software field as it was my trade in Btech... some of my senior suggest me about c-dac. i already started to prepare myself for c-dac dec'2013 exam.... but i have another problem that my 10+2 marks was not good it's 58%.My 10 th and btech marks are greater than 65%. so my question is that is my 10+2 marks and year of passout affect my chance in placement???

plz guys help me with your fruitful suggestion......

it's really tough decision for me to decide what to do ?
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    tapan ghosh
    hi,

I have completed my B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering in the year of2008.After completeing Btech I worked in a S/w company Cyndrake solutions as a Software trainee for 11 months, But suddenly the company got insolvent and released all of its employees. Since July 2010, I am working in telecom domain However, there is no hope or ladder in this field. after completing my three and half year in this field I give up hope to enhance my career in this field. Right now I have firmly decided to switch in Software field as it was my trade in Btech... some of my senior suggest me about c-dac. i already started to prepare myself for c-dac dec'2013 exam.... but i have another problem that my 10+2 marks was not good it's 58%.My 10 th and btech marks are greater than 65%. so my question is that is my 10+2 marks and year of passout affect my chance in placement???

plz guys help me with your fruitful suggestion......

it's really tough decision for me to decide what to do ?
    First of all only fresher and 1 year gappies are benefited by cdac , so your chances are not good
  • padhma_s
    padhma_s
    Hi! Is VLSI in CADC,Mumbai is good?? How many seats for PGVLSI in Mumbai?
  • anupforc2w
    anupforc2w
  • alok parmar
    alok parmar
    anupforc2w
    see CDAC COURSES AND PLACEMENTS, WHICH IS BETTER FOR YOU for better reviews...
  • Karthik330
    Karthik330
    Hello sir ,
    I am currently pursuing final year BE-CSE .Since i am not get placed in any company.I am preparing for CCAT exam.I planned to join CDAC -DSSD /DAC course from this august 2014.I am ready to go any cdac center which one is best.Can you please tell me the openings of DSSD course.I think only few students are taking this course when comparing to DAC.I am good in C,C++,Java programmings,But I am having interest to study DSSD only(Device driver development).What is the max salary for DSSD. Guide me to choose the best course and best center.
    And also if you have any materials related to CCAT exam.please send me.

my id is : #-Link-Snipped-#

Thank you for your unforgettable help.Hope it will enhance my career life.
    Regards,
    -Karthik.
  • DeepeshKR
    DeepeshKR
    Hi Karthik,
    I have recently completed my PGDAC course from V.I.T.A.(mumbai).According to me this is the best cdac center.V.I.T.A. not only has a great teaching faculty,it also develops your soft skills and aptitude skills.And the factor which differentiate V.I.T.A from other centers is the staff who makes V.I.T.A.I consider V.I.T.A. as my second home because i have not only evolved on technical level but also on personal level.Be a part of it to know more abt it.
  • Karthik330
    Karthik330
    ok thank you deepeshKR , Can you please tell me the minimum cutt off mark or rank to get seat in V.I.T.A . What about placements and all (specially for DSSD course) ..
  • abcxyz
    abcxyz
    To whomsoever it may concern

I am a former student of CDAC ACTS PUNE. I feel necessary to write this; as I feel it's important to let future students and perhaps if anyone from CDAC management (if they careโ€ฆ) to know what actually happens during that 6 month period which they so call a PGD course. Here Iโ€™ll be talking about only the CDAC ACTS Pune centre as I have experienced the ways there and not about whole of CDAC as I donโ€™t know about others.

From the day you opt for a course with CDAC ACTS Pune you can feel that you have stopped being a human (let alone a post grad student ...) but a mere livestock with no voice. The administration i.e. (course- coordinator, attendance in-charge and classroom keeper as they are the only interface a student gets to interact with during the course) assumes the role of prison wardens and treat the students (hereafter referred as prisoners) as death row prisoners.

For instance, if you are even a minute late (acc. to their watches and the faculty isnโ€™t even there yet) in attending a back to back lecture usually extending up to 8 hrs they would scold you at their whim, take away your ID card and debar you from attending lectures for the remaining period of the day and the day after. They will return you your IDs only if you beg them within the inch of your life! In nutshell, they have the power to disallow you from attending lectures indefinitely, cancel your exams and even stop you from attending placement activities based on most trivial of actions and nonsense of matters; And the most amazing thing about that is that you can do nothing about it as you have no voice and no one to hear your side (Just like in prisons!!!). THEY PLAY WITH YOUR CAREER AS THEY PLEASE and without a trace of regret or remorse!

This can go on for the length of an epic but I think itโ€™s pretty clear where itโ€™s going. So rather than rambling on about the brutalities of the admin at CDAC ACTS Pune I would give a suggestion to its management (again if anyone caresโ€ฆ)

Suggestion:

There should be a bi-weekly feedback system for admin also as there is for faculty with strict actions if anyone found defaulting or harassing students (mentally or physically).

Students must be allowed to meet the HR personally (without the mediation of any of the admins) if they have any issues and that must be addressed ASAP.

High authorities (i.e. directors and members of ministry responsible for its establishment) should encourage students to interact with them and take a frank feedback about the challenges faced by students.

As for now ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

- By a former prisoner of this concentration camp.
  • sahasra
    sahasra
    hello, i am yet pursuing my BTech in Electronics & communications, this is my last semester..we don't have any good placements so i want to prepare for CDAC- embedded systems..i don't have any idea how to prepare for it..kindly please help me out..give your suggestions..am desperate
    Thank you
  • sahasra
    sahasra
    [Prototype]
    am an ECE student..i dont have even basic knowledge over c++ and i have jst basic knowldge on C ..what about me..can i get a seat in CDAC-embedded system ?? please answer
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    abcxyz
    To whomsoever it may concern

I am a former student of CDAC ACTS PUNE. I feel necessary to write this; as I feel it's important to let future students and perhaps if anyone from CDAC management (if they careโ€ฆ) to know what actually happens during that 6 month period which they so call a PGD course. Here Iโ€™ll be talking about only the CDAC ACTS Pune centre as I have experienced the ways there and not about whole of CDAC as I donโ€™t know about others.

From the day you opt for a course with CDAC ACTS Pune you can feel that you have stopped being a human (let alone a post grad student ...) but a mere livestock with no voice. The administration i.e. (course- coordinator, attendance in-charge and classroom keeper as they are the only interface a student gets to interact with during the course) assumes the role of prison wardens and treat the students (hereafter referred as prisoners) as death row prisoners.

For instance, if you are even a minute late (acc. to their watches and the faculty isnโ€™t even there yet) in attending a back to back lecture usually extending up to 8 hrs they would scold you at their whim, take away your ID card and debar you from attending lectures for the remaining period of the day and the day after. They will return you your IDs only if you beg them within the inch of your life! In nutshell, they have the power to disallow you from attending lectures indefinitely, cancel your exams and even stop you from attending placement activities based on most trivial of actions and nonsense of matters; And the most amazing thing about that is that you can do nothing about it as you have no voice and no one to hear your side (Just like in prisons!!!). THEY PLAY WITH YOUR CAREER AS THEY PLEASE and without a trace of regret or remorse!

This can go on for the length of an epic but I think itโ€™s pretty clear where itโ€™s going. So rather than rambling on about the brutalities of the admin at CDAC ACTS Pune I would give a suggestion to its management (again if anyone caresโ€ฆ)

Suggestion:

There should be a bi-weekly feedback system for admin also as there is for faculty with strict actions if anyone found defaulting or harassing students (mentally or physically).

Students must be allowed to meet the HR personally (without the mediation of any of the admins) if they have any issues and that must be addressed ASAP.

High authorities (i.e. directors and members of ministry responsible for its establishment) should encourage students to interact with them and take a frank feedback about the challenges faced by students.

As for now ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

- By a former prisoner of this concentration camp.
    Well, I agree with this. That's how it actually goes. That's why I said it before and will say it again. It needs some serious balls if you're considering CDAC ACTS. The only line I don't agree is the one which states they are playing with careers, well they are not. Their way is surely brutal, but their intention is not. If you can indeed survive this and do your classes properly you'll be placed for sure. Not only that, in your professional life, you'll have advantage as you'll not be that stressed upon problems and working late because you've already experienced the worst.

sahasra
    am an ECE student..i dont have even basic knowledge over c++ and i have jst basic knowldge on C ..what about me..can i get a seat in CDAC-embedded system ?? please answer
    You can skip OOP if you're facing lack of time, but C has to be clear. You should know it in depth I would say because the questions that are asked are generally corner cases kind of questions. So if I say array, you should know everything about array.
  • sahasra
    sahasra
    [Prototype]
    Well, I agree with this. That's how it actually goes. That's why I said it before and will say it again. It needs some serious balls if you're considering CDAC ACTS. The only line I don't agree is the one which states they are playing with careers, well they are not. Their way is surely brutal, but their intention is not. If you can indeed survive this and do your classes properly you'll be placed for sure. Not only that, in your professional life, you'll have advantage as you'll not be that stressed upon problems and working late because you've already experienced the worst.

You can skip OOP if you're facing lack of time, but C has to be clear. You should know it in depth I would say because the questions that are asked are generally corner cases kind of questions. So if I say array, you should know everything about array.
    thank you ..can you also suggest me what are the career options do we have if i want to go with embedded systems??
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    sahasra
    thank you ..can you also suggest me what are the career options do we have if i want to go with embedded systems??
    Did you checked the course contents at CDAC? Make sure you're aware when you say embedded system, what exactly is the thing you'll be working on.

I would like to know what is the impression of embedded system in your mind. Like tell me few things you think you like to do and you think opting for embedded system will give you opportunity to work on the same.
  • sahasra
    sahasra
    [Prototype]
    Did you checked the course contents at CDAC? Make sure you're aware when you say embedded system, what exactly is the thing you'll be working on.

I would like to know what is the impression of embedded system in your mind. Like tell me few things you think you like to do and you think opting for embedded system will give you opportunity to work on the same.
    i think i need to work on microcontrollers and processors to invent new things ..and also i came to know that 1yr experience in small company on embedded would give nice oppurtunity to work in reputed companies with high salaries..
  • sahasra
    sahasra
    demetron
    is it even possible to work ...after 16 hours of rigorous training each day?
    can i start taking coaching now for CDAC..if yes what are the institutes should i prefer in hyderabad..please tell me
  • sahasra
    sahasra
    sahasra
    i think i need to work on microcontrollers and processors to invent new things ..and also i came to know that 1yr experience in small company on embedded would give nice oppurtunity to work in reputed companies with high salaries..
    can i start taking coaching now for CDAC..if yes what are the institutes should i prefer in hyderabad..please tell me
  • rashsaga
    rashsaga
    Hi everyone. I am engineer, passed out in 2012 in ECE, got campus placement and working in firmware development in a core company. I am very passionate about Embedded systems. My job profile is very satisfactory to me, but the salary they are giving me is too poor, around 3 LPA, even after 2 years of experience. I tried switching, but the technologies other companies ask for are not the ones I currently work upon, Linux, RTOS etc. I want to LEARN and LEARN, but also want to be financially secure. Please suggest me whether joining CDAC DESD at this stage will prove to be a wise decision for me or not?

Here is my result for Aug14 Batch CCAT.
    Rank based on performance in Section A+B+C :195

Above your rank 169 candidates have applied for PG-DESD.
    Above your rank 102 candidates have applied for PG-DIVESD.
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    In which
    rashsaga
    Hi everyone. I am engineer, passed out in 2012 in ECE, got campus placement and working in firmware development in a core company. I am very passionate about Embedded systems. My job profile is very satisfactory to me, but the salary they are giving me is too poor, around 3 LPA, even after 2 years of experience. I tried switching, but the technologies other companies ask for are not the ones I currently work upon, Linux, RTOS etc. I want to LEARN and LEARN, but also want to be financially secure. Please suggest me whether joining CDAC DESD at this stage will prove to be a wise decision for me or not?

Here is my result for Aug14 Batch CCAT.
    Rank based on performance in Section A+B+C :195

Above your rank 169 candidates have applied for PG-DESD.
    Above your rank 102 candidates have applied for PG-DIVESD.
    In which company you worked ??
    sometimes at the time of placement this also matters,, well well what i suggest you is that just depend on your knowledge for placement yeahh but it is sure that as per your rank you will sure get pune cdac and and knowledge that cdac is provide is best at all. All the best for your future dude!!!
  • rashsaga
    rashsaga
    Ankit Litoriya
    In which

In which company you worked ??
    sometimes at the time of placement this also matters,, well well what i suggest you is that just depend on your knowledge for placement yeahh but it is sure that as per your rank you will sure get pune cdac and and knowledge that cdac is provide is best at all. All the best for your future dude!!!
    Not just 'worked', I am infact working right now, will have to resign and leave this job to join CDAC. I can't name it, for some reasons, although I can tell you it manufactures electronic energy meters and I am in the R&D deptt.
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    rashsaga
    Not just 'worked', I am infact working right now, will have to resign and leave this job to join CDAC. I can't name it, for some reasons, although I can tell you it manufactures electronic energy meters and I am in the R&D deptt.
    Then my friend just take a deep breathe and say yes to CDAC.

Because of Gap may be start with low ( Nearby 3 per annum ) But you will surely get growth for your future ahead.
  • Nilesh Kumrawat
    Nilesh Kumrawat
    I have got 1277 rank in DAC and 503 DSSD which center should i prefer...
    Preference list:
    1.ACTS Pune
    2.ACTS Bangalore(knowledge park)
    3.ACTS Bangalore(E city)
    4.Sunbeam Pune
    5. Sunmeam Karad
    6.ViTA Mumbai
    will i get any center from preference list as per my ranks...
  • Aditya Singhal
    Aditya Singhal
    Ankit Litoriya

Because of Gap may be start with low ( Nearby 3 per annum ) But you will surely get growth for your future ahead.
    can u tell me which is a better center for Embedded between pune and Hyderabad?
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    both r same as per faculty and placement .. but its quite good if u prefer pune.
  • RAVITEJA B
    RAVITEJA B
    hai everybody i am raviteja in cdac exam for august 2014 admission in a+b sections i got 1514 and above me 1353 candidates have applied for PG-DAC can i get seat in centers like bangalore or chenni or pune or hyderabad.
    and in a+b+c i got 1226 rank and for PG-DVLSI 537 candidates have applied can i get seat in PG-DVLSI in the centers specified above.
    And in a+b+c i got 1226 rank and for PG-DESD 979 candidates have applied can i get seat in PG-DVLSI in the centers specified above.Please help me anybody thank you in advance...........
  • RAVITEJA B
    RAVITEJA B
    hai i am raviteja in cdac exam for august 2014 admission in a+b sections i got 1514 and above me 1353 candidates have applied for PG-DAC can i get seat in centers like bangalore or chenni or pune or hyderabad.
    and in a+b+c i got 1226 rank and for PG-DVLSI 537 candidates have applied can i get seat in PG-DVLSI in the centers specified above.
    And in a+b+c i got 1226 rank and for PG-DESD 979 candidates have applied can i get seat in PG-DVLSI in the centers specified above.Please help me anybody thank you in advance...........
  • RAVITEJA B
    RAVITEJA B
    hai everybody i am raviteja in cdac exam for august 2014 admission in a+b sections i got 1514 and above me 1353 candidates have applied for PG-DAC can i get seat in centers like bangalore or chenni or pune or hyderabad.
  • rashsaga
    rashsaga
    Ankit Litoriya

I just can't fathom what part in my last reply propelled you to conclude this.
  • Ragin
    Ragin
    Hi All,

I have cleared CDAC entrance exam for Aug2014 batch and I m applying for VLSI and Integrated VLSI and Embedded courses.

I just want to know since I m 2011 pass out, will that cause an issue during placement time after completing the course?
    Will I b eligible for appearing in interviews as my pass out year is 2011.

Looking for a help on this as it will help me to decide whether to enroll for the course or not.

Thanks in advance.
  • rajkumar123
    rajkumar123
    noida is good for VLSI and embedded.. good faculty in VLSi comapre to embedded//also comapies are coming for placement in vlsi + embedded course..
  • Rauli
    Rauli
    PROs :
    • Better then B.Tech.
    • ObviouslY YOU will have a better understandinG oF OS (LINUX/WINDOWs), C & C++
    • YOU will come to know about a lot of new terms so, later YOU can exPlore on Your own, which is rather a touGh Part for most PeoPle.
    CONs :
    • The course isn't even worth 30K.
    • OnlY verY few faculties are awesome, so most of the time YOU will be Just Time PassinG.
    • End modules( WINDOWs-Most Part, ANDROID, Parallel ComPutinG ) are Just Time Pass.
    • YOU will be finishinG the whole ANDROID in 1 WeeK ๐Ÿ˜
    • And If YOU think the PROJECTs will be verY niCe, then YOU are comPletelY wronG. B.Tech ProJects are Better.

For the Placements, I don't know. Still a Part of DSSD.
  • nitz49
    nitz49
    I am in middle of getting admission in CDAC Noida for PGDIVESD course Feb, 2015 session. I want to inquire about the affilations of this diploma course. To which university it is affilated with?
    and how is CDAC noida center?
  • art_4
    art_4
    hi friends, i want to know about desd course in hydrabad , as i did b.tech in electrical engg in 2011 and i hav four year gap, please help me whether i should take admission in desd course as i got desd hydrabad in first round of counselling for feb 17th,2015 batch.
  • rohit awasthi
    rohit awasthi
    ANY BODY CAN TELL ME ABOUT CDAC HYDERABAD DAC COURSE......PLEASE URGENT BECAUSE 28 JAN 2015 IS LAST DATE FOR SHEET BOOKING........
  • kavita patel
    kavita patel
    Hi,
    I am preparing for C-DAC entrance exam.I have done B.E. in Electrical Engineering in 2012.Is it worth to join C-DAC for a good placement? I don't have any work experience after my graduation.
  • Rauli
    Rauli
    AccordinG to ME.
    CDAC is just for Placement onlY. U will get more Placement OPPortunities.
    I did DSSD from CDAC, HYDERABAD (AUG 2014) BATCH. In MY class, onlY 60% students were Placed. Whatever We were tauGht in CDAC, no comPanY, none at all asked anY Questions. Course FEEs is waY too muCh. The course isn't worth accordinG to ME. DSSD is useless. maYBe DAC/DESD is GooD. I studied SYSTEM PROGRAMMING and finallY was Placed in ANDROID, whiCh I was tauGht for Just 3 daYs in CDAC.
  • Venom12
    Venom12
    #-Link-Snipped-# Do core companies visit hyd for DSSD course?? and what is the max package for dssd students.
  • nikky171091
    nikky171091
    Hello everyone,

I want to Join The Noida c-dac for VlSI,

Please share your feeback about placement and training quality
    or you can mail me also(nikky171091@gmail.com).

Thanks in advance
  • DeepeshKR
    DeepeshKR
    Hello Kavita,

I have done PG DAC from VITA Juhu in Aug 2013 and in our batch we had people who had completed engineer few years back hence I have first hand experience similar to your case. I will be truthful to you there are companies that short list on the basses of passing year and there are also companies that are open to any passing year. Every company comes with it own criteria set. I also think that PGDAC is the best opportunity available in the market right now. Because its a great learning experience and you will get good opportunities also. Just study well and make the most of opportunities that you get.

-Deepesh
  • ashok.k
    ashok.k
    hi every one,
    iam apperead ccat exam in dec2015,And i got 774 rank.
    I would like to join in DESD course.
    please suggest me which one is best among
    1.hyd
    2.banglore,kp
    3.acts pune
    regarding to training & placements
  • Amit D.
    Amit D.
    Please someone, tell me about Cdac center Juhu, Mumbai not about VITA Juhu, Mumbai.
    There is little information and reviews about cdac center Juhu. How is the faculty and what about placement records for them
  • SMITH RAY
    SMITH RAY
    yet m confuse about cdac noida........ should i join or not.............
    if anyone can guide, plz say
  • Vandana Gandhi
    Vandana Gandhi
    plz tell me about cdac noida..I want TO KNOW whether I should take admission there for DAC program
  • Ankit Pandey
    Ankit Pandey
    Till Date... The Best Institutes for PG-DAC are:

ACTS Pune
    Sunbeam Pune
    Knowledge Park, Bangalore
    Electronic City, Bangalore
    Sunbeam, Karad
    VITA Mumbai
    CDAC Kharghar, Mumbai
    CDAC, Hydrabad
    IACSD Pune

Above list has given in DESCENDING ORDER in terms of Placements+Study .
    You can easily get any of those if your Rank is within 4000.

Rest all of the institutes are NOT GOOD ! Frankly Speaking...NOT GOOD !! They are not even Worth Paying your parent's hard earned money

*at any cost: Avoid KNOW IT Pune and Infoway Pune. I have gone through a lot of Complaints and Worst Feedbacks for both while preparing this List.
  • Braviteja
    Braviteja
    I am having a percentage of (10th-72%;;Inter-66%;;B.Tech-60%;๐Ÿ˜‰.
    I am 2014 pass out. I am willing to go for C-DAC DAC course but i had a doubt that
    after completing my DAC course at the time of common campus placement training
    in C-DAC the recruiters consider my acedemic criteria or they will consider my
    C-DAC performance to get recruited.
    Please give me reply.
    Thanks in advance sir/madam.
  • Braviteja
    Braviteja
    I am having a percentage of (10th-72%;;Inter-66%;;B.Tech-60%;๐Ÿ˜‰.
    I am 2014 pass out. I am willing to go for C-DAC DAC course but i had a doubt that
    after completing my DAC course at the time of common campus placement training
    in C-DAC the recruiters consider my acedemic criteria or they will consider my
    C-DAC performance to get recruited.
    Please give me reply.
    Thanks in advance sir/madam.
  • Braviteja
    Braviteja
    Whether I should go for CDAC course or not
    please give me reply
  • Balkrishna Jadhav
    Balkrishna Jadhav
    i have got cdac hyderabad for DAC can I join or not?
  • Balkrishna Jadhav
    Balkrishna Jadhav
    Hello Friends i have got CDAC hyderabad for DAC
    can i join or not?
  • shubham dwivedi
    shubham dwivedi
    sir please tell me ...about electronics product design course .....offered by C DAC hyderabad ....is it better option or should i join other course for better placement ..i am ECE student
  • mayuresh bhute
    mayuresh bhute
    Dear sir/mam
    My academics are below 60% for BE. what will be chances to get placed by considering my cdac exam/institute performance? plz let me know as soon as possible
  • JASHAN9111
    JASHAN9111
    DO NOT JOIN DASDM ITS A FRAUD .MOST OF THE COMPANIES WOULDNT HIRE YOU AND THOSE WHO WOULD WOULD BE REALLY BAD IT IS BETTER TO GO TO BANGLORE AND DO SOME SOFTWARE COURSE FOR PLACEMENT .

PLEASE DONOT JOIN PRIVATE CENTERS OF CDAC THEY ARE TEACHING AT BELOW QUALITY EDUCATION
  • AMARNADH ALUGOLU
    AMARNADH ALUGOLU
    I want to join Bio-medical corse in CDAC at Mohali,is it good or bad plz review me?i m in a dynao!
  • AMARNADH ALUGOLU
    AMARNADH ALUGOLU
    lovejeet
    cdac isn't dat gud for 6 months training bro....... doesn't got dat gud responses..but still, its a nice place..

I want to join Bio-medical corse in CDAC at Mohali,is it good or bad plz review me?i m in a dynao!
  • AMARNADH ALUGOLU
    AMARNADH ALUGOLU
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Udit - please do not use ALL CAPS while posting on CE Forums.

• satyam shivhare
    satyam shivhare
    i get cdac acts bengluru knowledge park college for embedded....can any one suggest me that...i join it or not????..... actually my percentage
    10th is 54%
    12th is 67%
    btech is 68%
    but i am 2016 btech batch passout....please give me suggestions in am very confused.....Hartley thanks in advanc
  • satyam shivhare
    satyam shivhare
    i get cdac acts bengluru knowledge park college for embedded....can any one suggest me that...i join it or not????..... actually my percentage
    10th is 54%
    12th is 67%
    btech is 68%
    but i am 2016 btech batch passout....please give me suggestions in am very confused.....Hartley thanks in advanc
  • ShubhamSharma1302
    ShubhamSharma1302
    i have just completed my btech in entc from a deemed university .Unfortuantely i m not yet placed and so i am confused of whether to join CDAC or start preparation of elitmus .please help me anyone .Is it worth to prepare for c-cat ?Is a good job guranteed ?
  • AMARNADH ALUGOLU
    AMARNADH ALUGOLU
    satyam shivhare
    10th is 54%
    12th is 67%
    btech is 68%
    I think its good
  • Sudhansu Kumar Sahu
    Sudhansu Kumar Sahu
    can any one suggest me that joining in cdac CHENNAI is good or bad regarding placements???????????????????????????????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone, I am having some future plans to invest my savings in investment companies and I have been making a search online for this. I have found some that...
Hi! All , I am totally new to the forum. But i was really moved by the idea CE has come up with; to get in touch with Engineers all...
Me New here forum looks cool I need One Project in JAVA or .NET hop will get it from here. Engg. Rox ๐Ÿ˜
One More Engg Comes Hi guys I am Harshad Italiya From Surat,Gujarat.
Alright so this has been making rounds of almost every available news channel in the world. Lets not be behind either... so what do you think of the iphone? I...