Need advice on what step should i take after b.e

Hi people im a new member here i want to get straight to the matter.so,i have completed my engineering in E&C my aggregate is just about 50% I had gotten a job in a new telecom company called as Unitel but I didn't go for it as it was in indore(should have I gone?) and they asked to pay around 35k before joining(I live in a city near bangalore) and also there is a bond... And some people have advised me against it.
Right now I have a technical support job in hand in a big company they said they will switch after 18 months if we r good enough to any other field that we r interested in(didn't start yet... Will be starting next month) .
My interests are in networking,IT as well as embedded and I want to get a job in something embedded related, can you guys suggest me any courses that I have to do regarding embedded and exactly how to get a job in that field and also if any one has any contacts in bangalore regarding any IT related jobs or embedded pls to tell it to in the comments section. Thanks a lot people looking from to your comments.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Whitewalker
    had gotten a job in a new telecom company called as Unitel but I didn't go for it as it was in indore(should have I gone?) and they asked to pay around 35k before joining(I live in a city near bangalore) and also there is a bond... And some people have advised me against it.
    I think you did the right thing by not joining the company. The company might have asked for a security because lot of people tend to leave job ignoring the bond.

Whitewalker
    they said they will switch after 18 months if we r good enough to any other field that we r interested in(didn't start yet... Will be starting next month) .
    You did not mention whether this new company will allow you to switch to embedded. If yes, you should go for it and keep preparing for the embedded domain.

There are courses offered by CDAC are are really useful and several candidates have gotten jobs through CDAC in the choice of their domain. However, cracking the CCAT could be a big challenge.
  • Whitewalker
    Whitewalker
    Can I contact you directly if you don't mind? And no, that new company is just a telecom and the job they were offering was field engineer DT(drive test) they told that it has good scope but many people told not to join since there is bond plus u have to pay 35k..do u think I made the right decision by not joining? And I'm planing to do an embedded course the fees is 28k
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd not comment on the decision that has been taken, for it's a past.
  • Whitewalker
    Whitewalker
    Yea past is past.. But I can still join that company if I want... By this week. And is 28k worth paying for an embedded course? They also provide placements but the starting salary are generally between 10 to 15 k... Is this the norm for embedded freshers?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Depends on your current financial situation. If you are in dire need of a job - take it up and continue to build your skill-set in the field of your choice. That'd definitely mean lot of hard work; but it should put you on the right path to your dream career.

If you can afford (financially) to let go of that job and continue your search; go for it. Of course the starting salary won't matter much if you are getting to work in the domain of your choice. If you absolutely love the embedded domain, you will surely excel and in the 3-5 years you'll earn a lot more than what you'd earn otherwise.
  • Whitewalker
    Whitewalker
    Thanks for your advice. I really needed it at this point of time in my life, also I got a job in IBM as tech support... They said they will switch to other post if your good enough...what do u think about this?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I've never been a fan of 'support' jobs; but unfortunately these are the jobs that are available in bulk in Indian IT cos. Also, if you are really interested in embedded, you should pick up a job that will keep the chances of learning it open (in your free time). You can't be your career on the 'chance' of getting into embedded. I'm not sure if IBM has plenty of embedded projects in India. Perhaps, someone from IBM can tell us.

Take up the job that leaves you with some time to learn what you really want to. Take it as a 'game' - where you compromise on something for a larger gain in future. But it has to be completely YOUR CHOICE that has convinced you to core. Don't do anything because I say or anyone on this site says so. All we can do is express our opinion on the questions / ideas / issues presented. But the final choice has to be yours and you should take it with eyes and ears open.
  • Whitewalker
    Whitewalker
    Yes I am completely aware of this, I have interests in embedded but since I also feel that I don't want to miss an opportunity to work in a big company (and I know from previous posts that your not in favour of big companies) so I am really confused about this and also the reason I have asked about the starting salary for an embedded fresher is cuz I need to convince my parents to pay for the fees(which they will pay, they are not in any way withholding money for education) but I do want to justify it with the scope that this embedded field has,also is the scope for embedded really good in the future as well? Can I have a personal chat with you or call you somehow

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have completed my BE automobile and now i want to do MS in mechanical from USA but dont know much about different majors and most importantly which major will...
Hello Guys, I am sure all of you had this question in your mind at some point of your life 'where to start programming from' and eventually you guys drew...
Hi guys Please ignore my name here, I joined this website back in 2007 and forgot I even had an account around anymore. Lol. Anyway, long story short, I used...
The Chinese brand owned by the company Shanghai Feixun Communication has got a new smartphone called Phicomm Energy 653 smartphone and it has arrived in India. Featuring Android Lollipop (version...
Toyota Etios just got revamped to a new model called 'Etios Xclusive' and the sedan now sports interesting additions on both exterior and interiors. All set to compete against Maruti...