Narendra Modi - The New Prime Minister Of India

It's clear now - Narendra Modi is all set to become the next Prime Minister of India. The results of 2014 elections are quite interesting this time. It appears that the nation has given a clear mandate to on party and their alliance. India has not seen anything like this before.

Would love to seek opinions of fellow CEans.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I agree to it.From the initial postal counting itself, it is clear that BJP has a vast lead.Now they had a lead in over 272 seats that clearly depicts their victory. I voted for BJP alliance but the sad part is In TN ADMK clearly wins the race.Curious to know to whom Jayalalitha gonna support.Early speculation is that she would support Modi but now she has no choice as there is no hope for 3rd party to make rule.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    According to the lead seems we are going to see BJP/MODI in Delhi. But yes now we have to wait and watch if BJP needs support from other party or not to reach 272 target.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think even with BJP alone winning 260+; they don't have to take support from anyone. Few faithfuls from the current NDA should do the job. I think the onus now is on Narendra Modi to fulfil the dreams he's shown to the people of India. I personally have confidence in him that he'll make a difference. If things go well; we should start seeing his moves in the next ~3 months.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    It seems the one man show has worked. With a little help from a good PR agency and example of the Gujarat model has propelled Narendra Modi to success. As he celebrates his victory and he gets ready to tackle the financial, infrastructural and other woes being faced by the country. But the main take away from the election is that the people's mandate was clear (BJP itself 272+ no messy coalitions), dynasty and caste based politics were shunned, and more and more people came out to express their vote (66%+).
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Let us hope he keeps reaching out to the public with his popular speeches and gets some serious work done by the end of 2014. A lot is at stake and hopes are SO high from him that if he doesn't deliver, 125 crore people will feel betrayed.

Cheers to Modi taking India on a rapid development mode!
    News update :
    News update:
    BJP =282seats leading
    Congress =48seats leading

BJP +alliance total (NDA -333)
    Congress+ alliance total(UPA -63)
    so BJP individually has a dominance with >272 seats to make government.
    Other -147
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Is there any uproar on the streets of the Gujarat cities you live in? ๐Ÿ˜€ How is the atmosphere? What is going on with BJP supporters there?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Well, I was sure that Narendra Modi would be next PM. Though I had still some hope with AAP.

Never the less, all I want is good for my country, whoever does that.

Spoiler: If you want to laugh then see this :
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Did you expect AAP to provide the next Prime Minister?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Is there any uproar on the streets of the Gujarat cities you live in? ๐Ÿ˜€ How is the atmosphere? What is going on with BJP supporters there?
    Nothing much here but yeah it is near to clean sweep in Gujarat so BPJ supporter has a lot to celebrate and so whole India. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Did you expect AAP to provide the next Prime Minister?
    Yes. I strongly feel that people felt too excited and want all the agendas to be fulfilled at a faster rate, like in just 1 week or so.

I agree, Kejriwal shouldn't have made promises like he would give permanent jobs to people.

But I'm dis-appointed with people too, to become so crazy after that, every party does those false promises, and it's about 5 years, not just 5 months.
    Moreover, Congress gave support to AAP just because they were waiting for these elections, if AAP didn't resign then I was damn sure, that congress would take it's support back.

PS: Why I liked AAP is, because I've seen what they have really done in Delhi, you believe or not, even Traffic Policemen were afraid to take bribe. There are more instances like that.
    Thus I wanted a cleaner India.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Spoiler: 2nd spoiler - laughing continues
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ankita Katdare
    Place where I live in Ahmedabad, is just 5-minute walk distance from the area (called Dharnidhar) where last rally in Gujarat of Narendra Modi is organised, which is going to take place this evening. This is going to be grand!
    From yesterday onwards, there were dozens of security officials placed. roads are already blocked. I have exam from Monday onwards, but we have PM coming to our local area and I ain't missing that.
    As for celebration part, whenever BJP wins election in Gujarat there's always a celebration, but tonight it will be some better than ever!

Happy New Year ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    So News 24 is only true tv channel which projected NDA will get 340 seats while Times Now was showing only 248.๐Ÿ˜‰

This is totally overwhelming that BJP alone got absolute majority. It will curious to to see Dynasty duo sitting alone in side Lok Sabha without their servants.

If I am not wrong, Rahul Gandhi is now dying to wish that he would have lost against Smriti Irani. Will he even able to face Narendra Modi in parliament ๐Ÿ˜
    I hope he will only drop his lollipop ๐Ÿ˜
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    News update :
    News update:
    BJP =282seats leading
    Congress =48seats leading

BJP +alliance total (NDA -333)
    Congress+ alliance total(UPA -63)
    so BJP individually has a dominance with >272 seats to make government.
    Other -147
    BJP already mentioned that they will form the government with other alliance parties.

Regarding AAP, #-Link-Snipped-# I feel that contesting Lok Sabha elections is the biggest wrong decision AK took. Also, lets say what all we saw about AAP was like a nano-ripple and nothing else. I doubt if AAP can survive till next elections! (I got this one on WhatsApp: Even Tata Nano has more seats than AAP!)

While Congress politicians were thinking about reasons to give for loss (protecting RG), Rahul baba came up and accepted the defeat. (Thank god!) (Again on WA: I wonder what Sonia Gandhi would do now as she won't have her puppet to play with!)
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    All we can do now is wait and watch and hope India gains back the track for Superpower2020. Now that dream seems reachable.

This mandate comes with huge responsibility not only for BJP but for citizens. Now no one can blame the govt is useless, so we dont have a reason to work.

The industry and corporate is gonna boom. Jobs to be created. It brings additional work load and work responsibility on the people.
    And we should be all ready for it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Congratulations to Namo and people of India. BJP gets clear majority. This means that, people like paswan, shivsena, RPI(A), MNS (though it has not got a single seat) etc will not be able to blackmail Modi.
    Most laws require a simple majority of the house that can be now easily mustered.
    PLUS in case of absolute majority (2/3) for extensive changes in constitutions, the path is almost clear.
    Congratulations to ourselves for a majority government.

Spoiler: DO NOT READ
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# This joke was in news for major part of the day...๐Ÿ˜

upload_2014-5-17_9-51-19
    5.8 Million(58,46,598) people from India opted for NOTA and we should note that this is the second Time after EC has introduced it.
    NAMO going to Meet RSS today.What is there to do with them on the first day after winning Election ?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    upload_2014-5-17_10-9-17
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    NAMO going to Meet RSS today.What is there to do with them on the first day after winning Election ?
    Modi's been developed by RSS and he's been an active Swayamsevak throughout majority of his life. Those who've known RSS would know how disciplined the organisation is and the kind of effect its ideology has on its followers. Plus, RSS has played an important role in 2014 elections.

PS: I wonder why RSS is always perceived as a terrorist like group. They're a very disciplined conglomerate of nationalist people. I know because several people in my close relation have been RSS followers.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Modi's been developed by RSS and he's been an active Swayamsevak throughout majority of his life. Those who've known RSS would know how disciplined the organisation is and the kind of effect its ideology has on its followers. Plus, RSS has played an important role in 2014 elections.

PS: I wonder why RSS is always perceived as a terrorist like group. They're a very disciplined conglomerate of nationalist people. I know because several people in my close relation have been RSS followers.
    Sorry for my words.I had been always brainwashed that RSS us very aggressive group. Thanks for enlightening me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sorry for my words.I had been always brainwashed that RSS us very aggressive group. Thanks for enlightening me.
    Nope. It's a false propaganda by people who do not want a well organised nationalist group to stay established in the country. You shouldn't take my words and rather find out what RSS people have been doing for decades. Be it quakes or Tsunami or the floods in Uttarakhand; RSS was the first one to reach (without making any buzz) and carry out rescue operations.

The place where I live, Nagpur, is where RSS was born and is currently headquartered. If RSS was a terrorist organisation; there'd be communal riots here every other day.

The point I'm making: RSS isn't what they are perceived to be. Their agenda is united India (the one that existed centuries ago).
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's a false propaganda by people who do not want a well organised nationalist group to stay established in the country.
    wait what?

I have attended RSS for two years when I was in 5th standard. When my father found out he beat the shit out of me. I hated him for that. Now I realize he was right all along.

So once there was some quiz going on and we were supposed to write top 5 freedom fighters. I wrote M K Gandhi* and one muslim guy. I was immediately told I wasn't supposed to take such people's name there. There are lots of such incidents happened with me and I still remember (and plus I wrote all about those proudly in my diary...well, not so proud now.)

They even taught me buddhism is bad. LOL. As an idiot kid, I believed all the shit.

The best part, they would give free bananas to all, that was the main reason for me and my friends.

This is my experience with chaddis with one of the shakhas. Can't speak for whole country, obviously.

*back then I hated Gandhi also. But couldn't come up with one more name, so I had to write with as I had no other option. Well, thats another story for another time
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting! โ˜• Looks like we're headed for riots in this country.
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting! โ˜• Looks like we're headed for riots in this country.
    sarcasm much?

I am sure Modi knows where to keep RSS. and he surely cannot afford one more 2002.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    sarcasm much?

I am sure Modi knows where to keep RSS. and he surely cannot afford one more 2002.
    Well, yeah, that was sarcastic. Were you taught to be anti-muslim or anti- in the Shakha? Banana distribution is okay; I don't see anything wrong with it.

I don't mean to challenge your beliefs. But what you're saying is pretty shocking to what I've learned from a huge number of ardent RSS people. In any case, Modi was/is a hardcore RSS man and so is the top BJP brass. I think it's time people stop talking about 2002; because even the SITs didn't find anything against him.

Coming back to RSS; I look forward to more RSS experiences from our fellow CEans.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Even My father was active for brief period in RSS and what I learnt in that experience is RSS is a well structured, disciplined and clean hearted organisation that beats for the improvement of country. But due to their strong compulsion of discipline, they seem like an army in itself. Disciplined army of social causes. And this is equivalent to any extremist terrorist organisation BUT what differs is RSS has a clean heart. They are extremely disciplined.

And Indian people has in their genes, Well disciplined and strict means an Army, and armies without uniforms are terrorists so RSS is terrorist organisation. This is not so.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    I thank you #-Link-Snipped-# that you cleared the beliefs of CEans who thought RSS is a terrorist/anti-nationalist organization. Everything what you wrote about RSS is correct to my knowledge. [I am an active Swayamsevak (volunteer) since almost 15 years now]

About #-Link-Snipped-#'s experience, I think you misunderstood the terminology. (I do agree that being mostly in pure hindi, RSS terminology is a bit difficult to understand) RSS is one such organization where no one will ever ask which caste you belong to. RSS won't also ask which religion you belong to. (FYI, RSS also runs a muslim organization-Muslim Rashtriya Manch)
    Anyone had a worst experience with RSS rules or compulsion ?
    It can be a portal to know the real truth of RSS and we can tear the bad mask created by others.So share truth
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    RSS' third year training camp is commencing on May 18.
    So, those living in Nagpur and interested in knowing what, why, how RSS does things, can visit Smriti Mandir, Reshimbag in Nagpur anytime throughout the day from May 18. I'm sure it will clear your doubts.
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, yeah, that was sarcastic. Were you taught to be anti-muslim or anti- in the Shakha?
    Yes, but not directly. For instance not appreciating muslim freedom fighters.

Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't mean to challenge your beliefs. But what you're saying is pretty shocking to what I've learned from a huge number of ardent RSS people. In any case, Modi was/is a hardcore RSS man and so is the top BJP brass. I think it's time people stop talking about 2002; because even the SITs didn't find anything against him.

Coming back to RSS; I look forward to more RSS experiences from our fellow CEans.
    I shared about my experience with chaddis on one shakha, not entire India.

Nayan Goenka
    And Indian people has in their genes, Well disciplined and strict means an Army, and armies without uniforms are terrorists so RSS is terrorist organisation. This is not so.
    Nice generalisation.

slightly OT, I remember reading about Energy Labs few days ago. I can't seem to remember where :S

Dhananjay Harkare
    #-Link-Snipped-# and RMM has nothing do with RSS.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    avii
    slightly OT, I remember reading about Energy Labs few days ago. I can't seem to remember where :S
    Must have read it in my KYC Interview, or any Tech Startup Magazine, or Facebook or SEO stuff or many number of places. Its good that you remember reading it somewhere ๐Ÿ˜›
  • avii
    avii
    Nayan Goenka
    Must have read it in my KYC Interview, or any Tech Startup Magazine, or Facebook or SEO stuff or many number of places. Its good that you remember reading it somewhere ๐Ÿ˜›
    I remember, I read in reddit. But this is bad publicity for you: oh.. the irony : india
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    avii
    I remember, I read in reddit. But this is bad publicity for you: oh.. the irony : india
    thanks for bringing it to my notice. some suing is in order.
  • avii
    avii
    Nayan Goenka
    thanks for bringing it to my notice. some suing is in order.
    I hope you are not serious. If you are, then best of luck ๐Ÿ˜›

You cannot sue somebody on reddit. LOL. And your posts are already getting downvoted to oblivion. Here's a tip for you, don't show that bad attitude again in posts. Ask politely to the OP about proof. Justify with logic. Post proof for originality of logo designs, you will earn your respect. Usually people take such stuff seriously and this may end up in a good thing. I have been a redditor from 8 years and have 400,000+ karma. So I know how things work there.

If you continue, it will bring more bad publicity. Message to mods and have that post removed. If you say you are gonna sue and all, nobody cares. I have read your posts, they were of bad taste.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm sure Nayan and his team would handle this well. Let's get back to the topic of the discussion.
    ---------------------------

It seems quite awesome that a solid SIT has been formed on the very first day of Modi Sarkar. The speed at which they are working is inspiring. I just hope the momentum is maintained until few big things are achieved.
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It seems quite awesome that a solid SIT has been formed on the very first day of Modi Sarkar. The speed at which they are working is inspiring. I just hope the momentum is maintained until few big things are achieved.
    Also saving 125 Cr. by having less ministers.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    avii
    Also saving 125 Cr. by having less ministers.
    How is that?
  • avii
    avii
    Nayan Goenka
    How is that?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • avii
    avii
    'Women are meant to do household chief' - #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# I guess this what is being taught at your RSS gatherings. Please do NOT invite people to such stupidity. Thank you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ah, these idiotic English reporters (and those from NDTV!) I think we need a break. I put a disclaimer that I'm no RSS spokesperson; but I decided to take out time to verify the truth and found the actual video -

Mr. Bhagwat is clearly talking about the western thought; but it's easy to confuse any low IQ'd journo. He's saying that the Western thought thinks of marriage as a 'contract'.

Which by the way is true. That's why you've "Brother-In-Law" and "Mother-In-Law", which are western terms. The west opposed to the institution of marriage for a long time and that's why we've this 'Valentine's Day' who proposed the institution of marriage in the west and was sentenced to death for it.

I'm off this discussion anyways.
  • avii
    avii
    Yes sir. NDTV is low IQ and has failed to translate properly.
  • avii
    avii
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It's from RSS, so it must be false.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lok Sabha Election Result 2014 has choked the entire Internetwork, the constant news flow to & Fro & automatic site updates, the connectivity has been slowest ever since 8 a.m...
Founded in 2011 by Vikram Ramchand, Aashish Ramchand and Varun Advani with the passion to make amazing innovations every day, the startup called 'MakeMyReturns' has built an online tax filing...
NA new app called 'BreakFree' on Android platform is here for those of us who don't exercise self-control at all and have become hopelessly addicted to their smartphones (and even...
This thread is open for discussion for anyone who have interest in discussion related Clang & GCC. Clang is replacement to GCC, so you might be thinking that argument syntax...
Hello I am a mechanical Engineer 2014... Passout .....I just wanna know that is TCS EIS(Engineering & Industrial Service)domain good for mechanical engineers .???.can a mechanical engineer stick to core...