My Western Digital 1TB hard disk unrecognised by win 7 laptop

I got a new WD Elements 1 TB hard disk and i was shocked when my laptop didnt recognize it. I tried four different laptops with Win 7 / Linux OS/Win vista. I tried many fixes described in many websites but it didnt solved my issue. Anybody faced the same issue. Awaiting response from you guys.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Seems faulty hardware if different OS not able recognize it.
    Is HDD running (should feel vibration on touching it) on plugin to computer?
    Better call the seller and see if you can return it.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    yeah. I can feel the vibration and light was blinking.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    yeah. I can feel the vibration and light was blinking.
    Try with different cable.. I guess you are using USB 3.0 interface.
    If it not working then it's definitely major issue and item should be replaced.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

FujiFilm has announced a successor to FinePix XP80, the all new XP90 point-n-shoot camera. The new model gets the same 16.4 MP, 1/2.3" CMOS sensor along with 5X optical zoom...
Chinese electronics manufacturing company, Oppo is known throughout the world because every time they launch a phone, they bring something unique with the phone. The rotating camera phone which was...
Project Abstract / Summary : The main objective of our Project is to create a Virtual Fence in order to restrict the animals within the boundary So that it eliminates...
Remix OS is the unofficial desktop operating system for personal computers that is based on Android. It is unofficial because it is neither made nor is being promoted by Google...
I m working on wireless power transfer.... I have done with resonant coupling in it but it works only upto 4-5 cm.... But I want to implement it from 1-2...