My introduction

Name: Nghiem Bao Thinh

*Engineering Trade: Software engineer

Work Experience:
More than 10 years working as software testing engineer, mainly for American and European companies having offices in my city

*Hobbies & Interests:
Watching football, Hollywood films, classical music
Doing scientific experiment at home
*Aim in life: To have an invention with cheap price and simple tools, which can change the world

*I joined CrazyEngineers because: I want to share my experiment here

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Hi @#-Link-Snipped-#

Welcome to CrazyEngineers , Explore the different sections 😀
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    thinhnghiem
    Name: Nghiem Bao Thinh

*Engineering Trade: Software engineer

Work Experience:
    More than 10 years working as software testing engineer, mainly for American and European companies having offices in my city

*Hobbies & Interests:
    Watching football, Hollywood films, classical music
    Doing scientific experiment at home
    *Aim in life: To have an invention with cheap price and simple tools, which can change the world

*I joined CrazyEngineers because: I want to share my experiment here
    Waiting for those experiments to roll out.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Waiting for those experiments to roll out.
    me too
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Thinh, Welcome to CE. 😀
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    Welcome to CE 🎉
  • Thinh Nghiem
    Thinh Nghiem
    Hi all,

I have spent years to try to invent the so-called perpetual motion. After I posted into many forums, I received many feedback to show out my mistake.

In Crazy Engineers, I have chance to post a experiment of my own about the ADSL splitter. It is a very amusing experiment, you can see detail at

Interesting experiments with ADSL splitter

I am going to execute further experiment about this. All of your feedback are welcomed
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    thinhnghiem
    Hi all,

I have spent years to try to invent the so-called perpetual motion. After I posted into many forums, I received many feedback to show out my mistake.
    can you share the same in CE, perpetual motion-i'm curious😀
  • Thinh Nghiem
    Thinh Nghiem
    Hi Micheal John,

I have tried 3 models at all for perpetual motion, and I failed (of course).

I only keep the screenshot of the last one
    All of them based on the propulsive force between magnets when their same pole are faced each other (North to north,south to south)

1. The first model is the cylinder to be put on the pivot
    I stick the magnet on the cylinder, and another magnet faced to it with their same pole

In my thinking, the propulsive force between magnets will make the cylinder rotate, and when the magnets are faced again, a new period again, the cylinder is made to rotate again , and so on

In actual, the cylinder rotated and changed the direction. Each time it changed, the amplitude is shortened. Finally it stops

2. The second model is two pendulums whose weights are the magnet. They are put close to each other.

Again, I think that the propulsive force between magnets will make the pendulums rotate. Since they are put so close to each other that the propulsive force has effect, they will rotate forever.

And of course the pendulums stop after a while of rotating

3. The third model is the dragonfly shaped toy made by wood. Its head is a rectangle which is curved upward, with long tail

Other tools are
    - A sharp pillar

- A medium sizes magnet

- A tiny magnet

I stick the tiny magnet under the tail of dragonfly shaped specimen. The gravity of magnet makes this specimen settles down toward the tail.

- Then, I touch the sharp peak of the rectangle head of the specimen very slightly into the top of the pillar. It makes the balance status of this dragonfly toy is very unstable. It is very easy to drope found down as seen in attached screenshot

- Next, I put the medium sized magnet at the base of the pillar so that its upward pole is the same as the downward pole of the tiny one (i.e. south to south, or north to north), and they are face to face as shown in attached screenshot

In my thinking, the attraction force between 2 magnets makes the tail of the specimen is pulled down slightly, before it is up again. Then a new period starts with the up and down movement of the specimen tail, again and again etc.

I let my model there overnight to make sure that there is no stopping. And unluckily it stopped

Its clip can be found at

After posting in many forums, I received many feedback from other, and I realize my mistake.

Now I no longer focus in this topic. Instead, I pay more attention in the ADSL splitter experiment that I said aove

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple's iPhone 4 will be relaunched in India with a price tag of Rs. 15,000. Apple's already moved on to iPhone 5S and it's expected that the iPhone 6 will...
It looks like the mystery behind the construction of the Pyramids in Egypt were built continues. Peter James, who's been studying Pyramids for the past 20 years has claimed that...
I see that a lot of new members have been posting their introduction on CE; but there aren't many of us welcoming them to our family. That doesn't look good,...
BSNL or Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has tied up with Champion to launch two new low-budget smartphones in India called BSNL Champion My Phone SM3512 and SM3513. Both the phones...
Currently i am working with NSE.IT Limited (Mumbai) as Trainee associate Systems Analyst. Recently i have been assigned to research project where i have to research on "How to automate...