My graduation Project: Device for blind students

Hello Folks,
i'm collecting information for my graduation project, im a computer engineering student.
well, the project i'm thinking of is a device for blind students, to help them study and read..

now there is a software that i think i want to use for text-to-speech, since it supports arabic texts too.. it requires 8 MB of memory to run, and 120 MB of hard disk, and mobile windows 2005. BUT i want to use a dsPIC or a any micro-controller. is there anyway on earth i can install mobile windows 2005 on a micro-controller?! otherwise, what can I do?! i can attach the micro-controller to an 8 GB flash disk.. but would that give a good real time running speed, thats in case the program worked at all?
i need some speech recognition in both english and arabic.. is there another option than "Sakhr TTS" --> #-Link-Snipped-#

another thing is, what suggestions do u have for this project? supposing i left TTS job for a computer to convert it to wav files then took them as is and played them (thats something my supervisor suggestted). but this way, wouldnt be just an MP3 player? how can i modify it to be actually useful to blind students?

One option that a friend directed me to is single board computer, what capabilities would this have? any advantages/disadvantages?

I appreciate you spending time to read this, and replying it..

Raz

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any information about projects topics related to mechanical engineering......?
hii friends.plz atell me a mini project title in .net or asp or any other programming language. i need immeditely.plz help me.
kud u suggest some projects in VLSI using VHDL. I am planning only to work on the simulation. Also kud u suggest some text books to help me to study...
Hello Friends, I Need some seminor topics......😕
i want mini project on renewable energy sources