municipal solid waste to energy generation

is there have any cheap method to produce energy by using municipal wastes. if have any idea please give me.i need a help.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    anjali zendre
    is there have any cheap method to produce energy by using municipal wastes. if have any idea please give me.i need a help.
    Unfortunately, no. Municipal waste is a mixture of various things, not all of which can be burnt. The cost of collection, transportation and segregation will itself be high. The plant to convert the waste to power will also be large and expensive because of effluent control.
    However, this is as of now. We should continue look at options to do this. A very important and urgent need.
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    A.V.Ramani
    Unfortunately, no. Municipal waste is a mixture of various things, not all of which can be burnt. The cost of collection, transportation and segregation will itself be high. The plant to convert the waste to power will also be large and expensive because of effluent control.
    However, this is as of now. We should continue look at options to do this. A very important and urgent need.

yes sir ,
    i m agree with u.
    but i want to search a method which need minimum cost,to manage the municipal wastes n generate power. so that we can make our earth safe.
  • Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    what about RDF(refuse derived fuel)...?
  • rajkumarnirmalkar
    rajkumarnirmalkar
    The UK's first bus powered entirely by human and food waste has gone into service between Bristol and Bath.

UK's first 'poo bus' goes into service between Bristol and Bath - BBC News
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    rajkumarnirmalkar
    The UK's first bus powered entirely by human and food waste has gone into service between Bristol and Bath.

UK's first 'poo bus' goes into service between Bristol and Bath - BBC News

thanks to be a part of my discussion

my frnd,
    if u have idea about how to manage municipal solid wastes like plastics... to produce energy, just shear with me.
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    this technology are basically used to municipal solid waste to energy.. if we got any of the cheap method to invest less cost then it will be really good to protect our earth environment.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello guys, i need to design two control panels. 1. MCC and 2. WTP Electrical load for the WTP panel is 8 pumps and two systems (ozonator & Ultra Voilet...
hye... frnds i m back here after a long term. wanna be continue here as a active member i was missing to my crazy engineers group..... so, hope you all...
electricity generation by using air flows in railway junctions when trains are passed, when train passed in rail near the rail have high speed of flowing of air,depending on speed...
If owning a Lamborghini isn’t enough to impress your special someone, you might need to migrate from iPhone. Tonino Lamborghini Tauri has unveiled its luxury smartphone-88 Tauri. Made in Italy,...
Hi, I'm new here. I searched this place when I try searching for a good forums for engineering.