Mphasis Recruitment Procedure For Freshers & Eligibility Criteria

This article is about the overall recruitment procedure followed at Mphasis software for hiring freshers. The recruitment team at Mphasis confirms that they hire fresh graduates straight out of the college and also candidates with masters degree in various engineering streams in the organisation.

Eligibility Criteria For Getting Shortlisted -

The candidates are required to have an average score of 60% throughout their engineering program. This means that if your average in all the semesters is below 60%, you are not eligible to appear for the further selection procedure.

Mphasis Selection Procedure:-

The selection procedure comprises of 4 phases. Each phase is an elimination round and the candidates must clear each phase to be eligible for the next one.

1. Aptitude Test: This is the first phase and often comprises of math, logical and English questions. If you're preparing for CAT or GRE, you will find this test easier to crack.

2. Psychometric Test: This is an interesting test and there are no right or wrong answers. The candidates must be consistent in their responses throughout. We'll share tips to crack the psychometric tests in a separate discussion on CrazyEngineers.

3. Personal Interview: This is going to be technical in nature and you'll be expected to know your engineering project and subjects very well. Sound technical knowledge is the key to cracking this phase.

4. Communication Test: I do not know the exact way this test happens (those who have been through the procedure may share with us); but it should test your overall communication skills in English.

Those candidates who clear all of the above phases of recruitment will be awarded with a 'Letter Of Intent'. Note that the letter of intent is going to be different from the letter of joining. The company will decide appropriate joining date and the candidates will be informed accordingly. Joining formalities will be done at the time of joining.

If you have any questions about Mphasis selection procedure, you may post them below or start a new discussion in this section.

Replies

• Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Good Evening Engineers.

As said above the recruitment procedure is absolutely correct and the Communication test is also there once you clear the HR round.I will give a brief about the Communication round i.e.,the telephonic round.

There are five sections in this round and those who have given AMCAT exam can understand it easily.

Section 1:
    You will be given a paper and there will be near 10 sentences printed in it and the IVR asks you to read the sentence it asks you to do.

Section 2:
    The IVR says one sentence at a time and you need to repeat the sentence after the beep sound.(i think its also nearly 10 sentences).

Section 3:
    Sentence rearrangement through voice only.Here the IVR hears you a scrambled sentence and you need to hear it carefully and then rearrange it and then should say it properly.

Section 4:
    The IVR tells you a story consisting of about 3-5 sentences(i remember not sure) and you need to hear it properly and carefully and should repeat the story in given time.
    ( I remember there will be 3 stories.)

Section 5:
    In this section,the IVR says you a sentence and you need to give a one word reply.(Don't worry the paper which you will get while giving the exam will have clear explanation as i don't remember much about this section)

Section 6:
    Here the IVR asks you about the general topic on which you need to speak in given time.I remember there will be 2 topics you need to talk.)

This procedure is for the drive held for B.E/B.tech students.

Note: For every section there will be time limit that you need to be careful while giving the answers.The accent is not ours.So make sure that you are in a closed and noise free room while giving the exam.

All the best!!!
    Hope you got the clear idea on telephonic round..@ BIG K
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks a lot for sharing the information, @#-Link-Snipped-# . I'm sure all our fellow engineers aspiring for mphasis will find your post useful.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Whoa. Thank you for the detailed experience @#-Link-Snipped-# Did you clear the communication round?
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Yes..I cleared that round,got selected in Mphasis. I got the letter of Intent recently.
  • sulabh anand
    sulabh anand
    Saijayadeep
    Yes..I cleared that round,got selected in Mphasis. I got the letter of Intent recently.
    hey, sai jaydeep.. even i was selected in the mphasis on 21st march but i m yet to receive the letter of intent. Can you please let me know how long i have to wait for the letter of intent as its already going to be 1 week??
    and when have u got the date of joining??
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Congrats that you are selected in Mphasis. I attended the interview on feb 21st and i got the letter of intent on feb 25th..Don't worry you will get it..May be within 2 or 3 working days you will get it..(to my knowledge) as my friends also got it within 3 days. i advice you to wait for 3 working days.

How did you get selected through Cocubes,Amcat like that or On-campus or Off-campus..?
  • sulabh anand
    sulabh anand
    thanks .. bro, but i m really becoming impatient.
    Actually i had went to mangalore mphasis campus to attend the drive and after clearing all the rounds,they told me that they would be mailing me.
    OK.. then i have to wait πŸ˜”
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Are you from 2014 batch or Earlier..?
  • sulabh anand
    sulabh anand
    i am from 2013 batch dude πŸ˜€
  • Thilak M B
    Thilak M B
    hi saijayadeep,I am Thilak and I attended the interview on 21st January and i got intent letter on january 29th,can you please let me know that how long i should wait for date of joining from mphasis company
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Sorry Thilak for the late reply..even i too got the letter of intent only. Besides that i didn't get any mail from them about joining date etc.,
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Do anyone sent any reply for the letter of intent received ? Do we need to send any mail confirming the offer as they didn't ask us to reply?
  • Thilak M B
    Thilak M B
    Saijayadeep
    Do anyone sent any reply for the letter of intent received ? Do we need to send any mail confirming the offer as they didn't ask us to reply?
    NO Saijayadeep,i haven't sent any reply in response to letter of intent, and also i not sure whether we want to reply for that mail or not?so if you get any info about this then make a note to me too.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    I have gone through the letter of intent many times but i didn't find anywhere to confirm the offer,so me too didn't send any reply. Yesterday one facebook friend who was placed in mphasis told me that joining will be in August probably,where he got the reply from HR.

He told me that he had sent a confirmation mail.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    What i thought is that,in the letter it was mentioned that if you have any queries you can drop a mail at some mailid...na,so may be he would have sent a mail asking the joining details.
  • Thilak M B
    Thilak M B
    I too got a info from my neighbor who working in mphasis tat fresher may get date of joining in range of august,October
  • Karanjeet Singh Sangha
    Karanjeet Singh Sangha
    Saijayadeep
    Good Evening Engineers.

As said above the recruitment procedure is absolutely correct and the Communication test is also there once you clear the HR round.I will give a brief about the Communication round i.e.,the telephonic round.

There are five sections in this round and those who have given AMCAT exam can understand it easily.

Section 1:
    You will be given a paper and there will be near 10 sentences printed in it and the IVR asks you to read the sentence it asks you to do.

Section 2:
    The IVR says one sentence at a time and you need to repeat the sentence after the beep sound.(i think its also nearly 10 sentences).

Section 3:
    Sentence rearrangement through voice only.Here the IVR hears you a scrambled sentence and you need to hear it carefully and then rearrange it and then should say it properly.

Section 4:
    The IVR tells you a story consisting of about 3-5 sentences(i remember not sure) and you need to hear it properly and carefully and should repeat the story in given time.

Section 5:
    In this section,the IVR says you a sentence and you need to give a one word reply.(Don't worry the paper which you will get while giving the exam will have clear explanation as i don't remember much about this section)

Section 6:
    Here the IVR asks you about the general topic on which you need to speak in given time.I remember there will be 2 topics you need to talk.)

Note: For every section there will be time limit that you need to be careful while giving the answers.The accent is not ours.So make sure that you are in a closed and noise free room while giving the exam.

All the best!!!

hey sijayadeep....i got placed in mphasis through AMCAT on 27 aug 2014......but i havent got letter of intent till date....none of my friend selected got LOI...can you tell me what should i do now?/...any contact in mphasis?
    and have u joined the mphasis now?
    Saijayadeep
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Hi All,

I am an Ex-Mphasis employee.
    Generally they give letter of intent saying you are hired. Later you will get the Letter of Joining. The months will be September to December. I was from Apps 51 batch and our batch people got in those months the joining dates.
    Saijayadeep
    Hey,

You need not send any mail confirming. Once yo get the joinng dates you need to upload docs and say yes confirming all the stuff for the company.
    You will be given 4 months training in Man-galore and later given locations for the job.

P.S. You need to pass all the exams in the training and get average of 75 or 70. I do not remember the exact range to get job actually. Even English test also you have to pass.
  • Karanjeet Singh Sangha
    Karanjeet Singh Sangha
    Hey,

You need not send any mail confirming. Once yo get the joinng dates you need to upload docs and say yes confirming all the stuff for the company.
    You will be given 4 months training in Man-galore and later given locations for the job.

P.S. You need to pass all the exams in the training and get average of 75 or 70. I do not remember the exact range to get job actually. Even English test also you have to pass.
    level of exam will be tough or easy?..i'm asking because i'm from ECE...and post is software ...
    Karanjeet Singh Sangha
    level of exam will be tough or easy?..i'm asking because i'm from ECE...and post is software ...
    The exam is hard. The exam is common for all any branches and what ever the post is.

The technical interview will be mostly on your final project.
  • arpit khard
    arpit khard
    Hi every one... I got joining date yesterday... My joining is on 10th dec.. But the problem is location is not mentioned in the letter.. I dont know what to do next. Do i need to mail sumthing there??
    arpit khard
    Hi every one... I got joining date yesterday... My joining is on 10th dec.. But the problem is location is not mentioned in the letter.. I dont know what to do next. Do i need to mail sumthing there??
    They will send another mail giving the location. So do not be in hurry! Just wait for one or two weeks.
    And mostly it will be Mangalore only!
  • Souvik Das
    Souvik Das
    They will send another mail giving the location. So do not be in hurry! Just wait for one or two weeks.
    And mostly it will be Mangalore only!
    I got the letter of intent...but aspiring minds is asking me for my versant id..they told me without that versant id they cant dispatch the appointment letter..but the versant id was not shared with us during the interview.what should i do know? πŸ˜”
    Souvik Das
    I got the letter of intent...but aspiring minds is asking me for my versant id..they told me without that versant id they cant dispatch the appointment letter..but the versant id was not shared with us during the interview.what should i do know? πŸ˜”
    I am sorry I don't have any idea regarding this versant Id. Never heard of that thing during my time.
    Did you ask them what does that mean?
  • Souvik Das
    Souvik Das
    I am sorry I don't have any idea regarding this versant Id. Never heard of that thing during my time.
    Did you ask them what does that mean?
    the telephonic round after the technical and hr round.
  • Sai lakshman Kanukollu
    Sai lakshman Kanukollu
    hello sir i got placed in Mphasis through cocubes on 21 december how much time will it take to get offer letter
  • Sai lakshman Kanukollu
    Sai lakshman Kanukollu
    till now i didnt get any offer letter
  • Archana R
    Archana R
    I attended mphasis in the month of September 26 2014 , I did not get job after how many months can I attend again ??
  • Archana R
    Archana R
    I attended mphasis in the month of September 26 2014 , I did not get job after how many months can I attend again ??
    Archana R
    I am sorry I could not understand you're question. Can you explain it again?
    sai lakshman
    hello sir i got placed in Mphasis through cocubes on 21 december how much time will it take to get offer letter
    It will take some time for you to get the offer letter. How much time I am not sure, as it depends upon the supply and demand from the company to the recruitment team.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Archana R
    She wants to know if after applying once, the person doesn't get selected, how many months should he/she wait before applying again?
    Ankita Katdare
    She wants to know if after applying once, the person doesn't get selected, how many months should he/she wait before applying again?
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Thanks

#-Link-Snipped-# : If you are applying from college you have to wait until they come back till next time. If you are applying directly I guess you can apply in a week span time. There is no such time limit for re-applying directly I guess. If your talking about campus placements you will have to wait until they come for second selection or you can apply separately also.
  • Archana R
    Archana R
    Thank u Sir
  • spark@kastha
    spark@kastha
    Hi ...I am sushan I cleared All the rounds of the emphasis placement ..the even sent me intent letter and also the joining date ..could anyone inform me about the joining procedure ..and the compulsory documents we require ...
  • spark@kastha
    spark@kastha
    How many 2015 batch are there ...joining mphasis and when is ur joining date ...please reply
  • Benedict Charles
    Benedict Charles
    just got letter of intent a week back. i wrote an inquiry letter for which i got a reply stating they will intimate me further details after 15th of May 2015
  • menamu
    menamu
    Hello ! Actually I referred to a consultancy in Delhi for Mphasis! There the hr recruiter came from Mphasis n after conducting all the above mentioned rounds in above posts I was selected but they have asked me to tell % as 61 but my actual % is 79! Will there b any problem ahead ! Really want to knowplzz help !
  • menamu
    menamu
    If I have a score of 79% then am I eligible for Mphasis? N all of u r talking about boo division of Mphasis right?
  • M. Sinha
    M. Sinha
    I am from 2015 batch and I cleared all the rounds on 27th of August 2015. They sent a confirmation mail mentioning that they would be sending letter of intent by nxt week. When can i expect my joining?
  • M. Sinha
    M. Sinha
    Is there anyone from 2015 batch waiting for the letter of intent? Please do provide your Email for discussions.
  • Archana R
    Archana R
    M. Sinha
    Is there anyone from 2015 batch waiting for the letter of intent? Please do provide your Email for discussions.
    hey how did u clear ur versant test .did u give ur interview in Mangalore
  • Archana R
    Archana R
    Please suggest me for clearing versant test and give me some tips to clear
  • Archana R
    Archana R
    Saijayadeep
    Good Evening Engineers.

Section 1:

Section 2:

Section 3:

Section 4:

Section 5:

Section 6:

All the best!!!
    yes the procedure is clear but i do mistake in keeping phone in distance my voice is smooth . I really dont get how to clear versant please i need guidance
  • omprakash bommera
    omprakash bommera
    Ankita Katdare
    Whoa. Thank you for the detailed experience @#-Link-Snipped-# Did you clear the communication round?
    Is mechanical students eligible for Mphasis
  • Ajinkya Mohod
    Ajinkya Mohod
    They need per semester 60β€’/β€’ or overall 8 semesters average 60β€’/β€’ for selection criteria?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to address all above queries.
  • Malli Reddy
    Malli Reddy
    hi everyone
    i will be completing b.tech in 2016
    and on november 17 i attended mphasis drive and i am the only one got selected
    means i cleared all rounds including versant and company officials didnt give any official confirmation but one person said you are selected and said you will recieve a call from company later

i have some doubts
    1)are there any chances of not calling means i am only one got selected will they take it as light means only got selected
    2)as a 2016 passed out how days after the completion interview i can expect call of intent

somebody clarrify me
  • Malli Reddy
    Malli Reddy
    Hi All,

I am an Ex-Mphasis employee.
    Generally they give letter of intent saying you are hired. Later you will get the Letter of Joining. The months will be September to December. I was from Apps 51 batch and our batch people got in those months the joining dates.
    hi
    i will be completing b.tech in 2016
    and on november 17 i attended mphasis drive and i am the only one got selected
    means i cleared all rounds including versant and company officials didnt give any official confirmation but one person said you are selected and said you will recieve a call from company later

i have some doubts
    1)are there any chances of not calling means i am only one got selected will they take it as light means only got selected
    2)as a 2016 passed out how days after the completion interview i can expect call of intent
  • vankadari sailatha
    vankadari sailatha
    Hello mr.kaustubh,
    will u explain about psychometric test
  • Malli Reddy
    Malli Reddy
    i recevied letter of intent today,how much time does it take for me to get call letter
    currently,i am doing my b.tech and will be completing in 2016
  • bhanu1406
    bhanu1406
    Is there any openings for 2016 batch
  • bhanu1406
    bhanu1406
    hello sir, there are any openings for 2016 passouts
  • SHUBHMAGE9
    SHUBHMAGE9
    sir...@GollapinniKarthikSharma #-Link-Snipped-# ..as i m persueing B.E in electronics and communication.......i haven't scored 60% in 12th but i have gud score in B.E till date.
    do i stand a chance in Mphasis company
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SHUBHMAGE9
    sir...@GollapinniKarthikSharma #-Link-Snipped-# ..as i m persueing B.E in electronics and communication.......i haven't scored 60% in 12th but i have gud score in B.E till date.
    do i stand a chance in Mphasis company
    Not sure about Mphasis recruitment criteria. You'll have to check their website for the details.
  • Rahul Shahu
    Rahul Shahu
    Hello
    I am selected in Mphasis in feb 2016 and received Letter of Intent.
    I have completed my college.
    What is the further procedure and advice for previously selected candidates.
    Plz inform about the training,stay and food facilities at MLA,Mangalore.
    Thank you.
  • Akash Aggarwal
    Akash Aggarwal
    hi Everyone,
    I have also got a letter of intent from Mphasis stating that they desire to onboard us anytime from june 2016 to april 2017.
    Interview was held on 12th of may 2016. now awaiting my joining letter. there is no place where we applicants can chat and share about joining and letter of intent about mphasis , so i created a fb group you can find it by searching "Mphasis joining awaiters 2016". so lets get connected and share.
  • 11Komal
    11Komal
    Hello,
    I have got only 48% in 12th.. 62%in 10th, and 63% in BCA.. am i eligible for IT companies interview??? Please help me..I will be very greatful to you all.
    Thankyou
  • raj kiran
    raj kiran

Hi,

I have attended interview on 4+ years java at mphasis and i cleared all technical & Hr including salary, notice period discussions. Β HR said that you will get a mail to submit docs, but till now i did not get any mail or call, almost 3 weeks goneΒ 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - You should mail the HR and enquire them about the delay. Have you done that yet?

• raj kiran
    raj kiran

Actually it was a walkin, so, one of my friend had told me to attend and i do not have hr mail or contact, even my friend also, he removed all mails badly, one thing i just came to know, that whether i am selected or not. If selected how long does they will take?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mahindra & Mahindra Limited has launched a ravishing new Electric Car called 'Halo' at the Auto Expo in Delhi, India. Mahindra Halo has made a big bang entry as the...
CDAC conducts C-CAT (common admission test) all over India to select candidates for the post-graduate diploma courses. A lot of engineering graduates appear for the test. This article aims to...
Just got a macbook air!!!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
https://gizmodo.com/this-map-shows-how-the-internet-travels-across-the-worl-1514043756