Mozilla Firefox 29 Free Download For Windows, Mac and Linux Now Available

Mozilla is back in news and we are as excited as the officials to explore the all new Mozilla Firefox 29. The new version of the popular open-source browser features a lot of good stuff including a new customization menu, an interesting and fun design, newly designed menu and an enhanced Firefox Sync service powered by Firefox Accounts. Speaking of the refreshing, new design - you will notice that Firefox 29 makes it easier to concentrate and focus on the content. The tabs are sleek and help you navigate the Web faster and at the same time, when multiple tabs are open (which you can't live without) because other than your current tab all tabs fade into the background to be less of a distraction.

Quite similar to Google Chrome (if you use both browsers from time to time, you'll notice the resemblance), the menu on Firefox 29 browser has been moved to the right corner of the toolbar. The "Customize" tool empowers you to add or modify any feature, service or add-on on the Firefox browser. With the new Firefox Sync service, the users can access their own browser from anywhere they want. By enabling it, you can have the Awesome Bar browsing history, saved passwords, bookmarks, open tabs made accessible via any PC or mobile Android devices.

Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 5.05.27 PM
The Firefox 29 version also brings feature for easy creation of bookmarks. You can create them with a single click and manage them from the same place. Moreover, if you are a fan of Firefox Add-ons, you will find they are now more accessible than ever before. Firefox 29 also supports WebRTC, more than 30 Mozilla-pioneered WebAPIs, Web Audio API, CSS Flexbox, App Manager and extension APIs.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Download Firefox for Desktop — from Mozilla

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I am a big fan of Chrome, but I do use Firefox (Nightly) sometime that is running on 32.XX and very similar to Chrome.

Probably, that's the reason I did not find any significant improvement in Firefox 29 (I do have latest Firefox and Firefox Nightly installed on my machine).

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# ...Do try Firefox Nightly and let us know your feedback, I am sure you would love that.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Looking forward for some news related Firefox port to Wayland. Yep, It'll take some time before X is permanently ditched & Linux desktops switches to Wayland. But since Chromium developers already have started working on #-Link-Snipped-#. I would like to hear some news regarding Firefox port to Wayland since Firefox is my only primary & favourite web browser.

And, Nothing in this world can beat Firefox sync. Best feature, period!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It looks more and more like Chrome. Looks like Mozilla guys are running out of ideas. By the way, did anyone get a chance to look at the memory utilization of Firefox 29 as compared to Chrome and Opera?
  • Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    Nice move by Firefox.The sync feature is great.Still it's way behind chrome.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It looks more and more like Chrome. Looks like Mozilla guys are running out of ideas. By the way, did anyone get a chance to look at the memory utilization of Firefox 29 as compared to Chrome and Opera?
    Yes. I do. And I was having this issue with Firefox for the past... (for ever)😳. Firefox uses more Memory and CPU compared to Chrome.

Even if I wanted to use both these browsers together at the same time, Firefox would be likely to crash after continuous use within approximately < than 6 hours.

I'm testing the new upgrade, but not impressed with CPU usage and Memory recording from the Task Manager (first looks).

P.S.: I'm using a PC at office.
    Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor (2CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 2 GB RAM

And I also noticed that I'm using 32 bit software versions of both Chrome and Firefox.😘

Do I need to change anything (non-hardware changes) to improve performance?

I have lots of online portals to connect to, and will probably need to use IE as well due to compatibility issues with certain device GUIs.👀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Anoop Mathew
    Firefox uses more Memory and CPU compared to Chrome.
    This is false claim. Did you compared memory consumption in your system ?
    Check this out : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    This is false claim. Did you compared memory consumption in your system ?
    Check this out : #-Link-Snipped-#
    Well, At least on my machine, Firefox consumes more memory than Safari with just one tab loaded with CrazyEngineers.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, At least on my machine, Firefox consumes more memory than Safari with just one tab loaded with CrazyEngineers.
    Compare Firefox and Chromium.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Firefox on Wayland/Weston arrives : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

(Came in email) @Kaustubh Katdare Are posts like this useful to anyone? Are they a nuisance and best avoided?
This video from the site of Save the Elephant org needs no delaying comments.
https://fora.tv/2013/09/21/making_in...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-5da587c673-295725241
Slovakian security firm, ESET has discovered an interesting Android malware, called Android/Samsapo.A that spreads via SMS. While most of the Android malware spreads through email attachments, detachable media or through...
Researchers from University of California, Riverside have developed a new kind of high-resolution pressure sensor that displays the amount of pressure on a surface with different colors. This means that...