Motorola's Tattoo On Your Neck Doubles Up As a Lie-Detecting Microphone. Yikes!

Google-owned Motorola division has filed a 'system and method' for a wireless microphone with lie detection circuitry tattooed on your neck. The file applied to the US Patent and Trademark Office dates back to May 3, 2012, is a step-taken further by Motorola in the wearable-electronic segment. Using a system that involves an auxiliary voice input to a mobile communication device (MCD), the electronic skin tattoo will pick up signals from the throat region of the body for subsequent audio detection by the MCD under an improved signal-to-noise ratio.

moto

The tattooed mic has its benefits- If the patent filing is anything to go by, the mic enables a clear conversation by picking up your voice directly and by cutting down the background noise. The 'tattooed' device could be configured to prompt command's on a user's smartphone, and the device can be recharged via 'solar panel technology, capacitive technology, nanotechnology, or electro-mechanical technology.' What's more, the tattoo could be so programmed to respond to several audio sources, and respond to these inputs by sending a notification on the user's device.

Well, the tattoo also has a user interface and a display, which we believe shall be of no use to the user, but the user can always have someone else check them up. For connectivity, it supports Bluetooth and NFC.

You can check the complete filed patent #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Modular Robotics, a startup from Colorado has come up with a new product called 'MOSS' - a robot construction kit that let young kids as well as robotics enthusiasts who...
Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) has launched the automatic variant of its popular car - the Hyundai Grand i10. It is now being shared that the Grand i10 Automatic (AT)...
This question may be funny. Can any one tell me, why the sun is look bigger in the rising period. From 6AM to 6.30Am?. And also why the temperature is...
So now, news has it that Bajaj might be soon launching the Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS (SuperSports) in India. Though we aren't sure if the launch date is just a...
Here is something for EEs. Quote: Gabriel Anzziani in Sarasota, Fla. is trying to fund his 'wrist scope' project on Kickstarter. The gizmo is based on the same design as...