Motorola Is Coming Back To India With Affordable Moto G In January 2014

It’s official. Motorola Mobility is coming back to India with its new Moto G smartphone in the year 2014. Motorola had shut down its official website for the country at the end of last year trying to streamline its operations, but ever since it got acquired by Google it has soared to success with customisable Moto X and its work on modular smartphone titled ‘Project Ara’. Motorola had starting dropping hints to its fans on its official Facebook page from Monday with #-Link-Snipped-# showing the Stylized M logo with the Taj Mahal in the background and national animals in the foreground. The status message asking people to register for the live unveiling had the salutation “Namastē, India!”. Motorola today has confirmed the speculations on the Moto G unveiling post on its official blog by stating:

Moto G goes on sale this week in Brazil and parts of Europe and will be available within the next few weeks throughout Latin America, Europe, Canada and parts of Asia. It will be available in the US, India, the Middle East and more of Asia in early January. Moto G will be in more than 30 countries with 60 partners by 2014.
Moto G Announcement

Coming to the phone itself, the tech specs are the same as suggested by the Moto G - Features, Specs And Price Leaked; Launch To Be Just In Time For Holidays. The Moto G will run Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) on a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1GB of RAM. The phone has a 4.5 inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) with a pixel density of 329 PPI. It comes with a 5 MP rear camera with LED flash and a 1.3 MP front camera with 720p HD video recording. The connectivity options are taken care of with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro USB, GPS and GLONASS. Motorola claims the embedded 2070 mAh lithium-ion battery will be able to last for an entire day on average use. The phone will be available in 8GB and 16GB variants with free 50GB of Google Drive storage for a period of two years. The smartphone however lacks a microSD card slot.

The phone is a brilliant buy thanks to its affordable price tags of 179 USD (11,335 INR) and 199 USD (12,601 INR) for 8 GB and 16 GB models respctively. Motorola also throws in styling options like interchangeable Motorola Shells, Flip Shells and Grip Shells to enhance its looks and promises to deliver the latest Android 4.4 (KitKat) by the beginning of next year.

For more details head over to the following links: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and coverage on Motorola announces the $179 Moto G, a lot of smartphone for not a lot of money - The Verge

Replies

• prahu mac
    prahu mac
    i have a serious doubt that whether these phones will actually survive in this world of technological advancements!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we know, opamp amplifies both ac & dc input signals. I would like to know what could be the resultant output if one terminal is given dc signal &...
Europe will now allow in-flight use of electronics throughout the flight - right from take off to landing. I'm curious to know what's changed with the flight electronics & communication...
I first ignored SnapChat thinking it was just another 'me-too' version of WhatsApp. But when Facebook is willing to bet $3 billion on them; SnapChat is definitely something we can't...
I was looking at the stats and found that 'Like' is the only post rating we all have been using and the usage of other post ratings like 'Agree', 'Disagree'...
When Batman rides his car-cum-weapon on his way to save Gotham City, young and old alike dream of owning it. Called the Batmobile - the super configurable car was an...