Moto G4 & G4 Plus Get An Exclusive Launch Through Amazon.in

The all new Moto G4 aka 'Moto G 2016' or Moto G 4th generation and its big brother Moto G4 Plus is all set to launch on 17th May. Motorola has exclusively partnered with Amazon.in to host the launch of their new smartphones in India. According to Amit Boni, head of Motorola Mobility India, the company has had a lot of growth in the e-commerce market during past years and it aims to continue the tradition to bring new handsets in India. However, during their past exclusivity with Flipkart the company faced some delivery issues in some states and decided to make the switch to Amazon.in. The company hasn’t released any specifications about the Moto G4 or Moto G4 Plus but there have been many speculations about the 4th generation model.
moto-g4-plus-2016
Some images leaked on E-Bay suggest that the Moto G4 is expected to have a 5 inch (1024×768) display whilst it Moto G4 Plus is expected to feature 5.5 inch (1920×1080) display along with an additional Fingerprint Sensor Home button. Both the display will be protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 4 and 6H hardness glass will be used to protest the camera.

The Moto G4 is said to feature a Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core processor (8x ARM CortexA53 1.2GHZ) along with a 2GB(RAM)/16GB(Storage) while Moto G4 Plus would feature Snapdragon 650 Hexa-Core processor (2 X ARM Cortex A72 1.7 GHz & 4 X ARM Cortex A53 1.2 GHz) along with 3GB(RAM)/32GB(Storage), both models to have Adreno 505. The front camera is a 5MP for both models and the back camera is expected to be 13MP for Moto G4 and 15MP for Moto G4 Plus.
moto-g4-concept-image
The battery for the Moto G4 is believed to be 2650 mAh and 3000 mAh for Moto G4 plus, also some teaser images posted on twitter by Moto India suggest both versions are expected to include Quick Charge 3.0. Various other teaser images suggest it would overall improve on the GPU & CPU, new generation camera, dedicated physical home button, faster charging and improved security. The Moto G4 is estimated to cost around ₹13500 and its big brother, Moto G4 Plus is estimated around 14500. According to some sources, Motorola is aiming to achieve the best value smartphone with the 4th generation Moto G.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-# / #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I was literally about to buy the Moto G Turbo White colour due to seeing a Rs.1000 drop in price on Flipkart; but thank my stars I had the instinct to just browse through CE for a moment. Damn! If not, I'd have missed this update by an inch!!

Thanks to the limited internal storage on my Moto E2 4G edition, not able to work well. Hope this G4 phone comes out good!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ths
    Anoop Mathew
    I was literally about to buy the Moto G Turbo White colour due to seeing a Rs.1000 drop in price on Flipkart; but thank my stars I had the instinct to just browse through CE for a moment. Damn! If not, I'd have missed this update by an inch!!

Thanks to the limited internal storage on my Moto E2 4G edition, not able to work well. Hope this G4 phone comes out good!
    Now, I own this phone. Awesome device. 👍👍. All thanks to this post on CE
  • Ashish Nanda
    Ashish Nanda
    Anoop Mathew
    Ths

Now, I own this phone. Awesome device. 👍👍. All thanks to this post on CE
    Congrats Mate!! Will be waiting for your hands-on review 😀
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ashish Nanda
    Congrats Mate!! Will be waiting for your hands-on review 😀
    By the way, I must mention, I did get the black colour 32GB internal 3GB RAM variant for Rs14999/- from Amazon.in.

Here are my Initial impressions after a day of usage:-

Pros:-
    1. Good screen quality. The minimum brightness level on this phone is equivalent to half the brightness on the OnePlus One (of my roommate) & also of my Moto E2 - so, in short a good HD screen
    2. Quick charging option is a great feature to have especially if you are someone who has got less time to waste.
    3. The phone's battery lasts an entire day on continuous WiFi downloads.
    4. Gaming quality is good thanks to the cool specs.
    5. Adequately loud front firing speaker. I'm a huge fan of this. This is probably one reason you should opt for this phone over to the Oppo F1 Selfie which I had considered.
    6. Great front cam and back cam.

Cons:-

1. Heats up a bit on quick charge. But you can live with it.
    2. Does not have a curved back as the previous gen Motos - and since the phone is light weight, you might need a back cover for extra protection. I prefer armoured casing for my phone and have already ordered one.
    3. Overall it's a "2 hand" phone. I'm a large person with normal size hands and my one hand usage of the phone is limited only to 75% of the screen and the top 25% of the screen is far from reach.

Visual Appeal:-

1. Build quality is good. But if I were to expect something more, I would prefer a sandstone finish on the back.
    2. The sides could have been squared a little like the Samsung A5 (2016) because the phone tends to slip from my hands.
    3. Right now the phone looks (at least to me) as a love child between OnePlus One on the back and Motorola on the front. But with some old curvy elements of the likes of a Samsung Note 2
  • Ashish Nanda
    Ashish Nanda
    Well, that is one detailed review i would say 😀 ..
    I do think the pros highly undermine the cons, although i am still waiting for it to be released in Australia..
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
      1. An Update:-

Who should buy this phone?:-

1. App testers (excluding high end gamers).
        2. People who browse a lot.
        3. People with lot of on-the-go official work to do, and less of camera and gaming to do.

Who should look for other options?:-

1.Serious high end gamers - the Snapdragon 617 is not gonna help you achieve your "gaming high" due to its overheating after playing large size games which are claimed by few YouTube channels to have crossed 45 degree celsius.

2. Excess camera usage can get the phone heated up (30 minutes of usage as claimed by C4ETech on YouTube), so wait for a software update regarding this...*fingers crossed*

--> Actually none of these bother me much because it serves my purpose of doing more official work (communication/call/SMS/social media/browsing, etc)

And another piece of advice:-
        If you want to play more games go for the Redmi Note 3.
        If you have a better budget wait for the OnePlus 3.

Also, here's a piece of advice to @Lenovo (the puppetteer of Motorola):- You may be a big deal elsewhere, but right now don't think we don't see what you've tried...and we consumers are not blind... The next time you try and fake things up for us, you won't have a brand left to play with... So stop killing Motorola also and give the people what they want (i.e. the old curvy feel, the larger moto indent on the back, perhaps a 5 inch screen because most people have small hands)..... listen to YouTubers especially those from India which is one of your major clients - people like us listen to their advice first before throwing our money at anything....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hailing from a typical middle class family, Richa Singh grew up in an environment where entrepreneurship is neither practised, nor encouraged. Both her parents have government jobs and they believe...
California-based luxury television manufacturer Vu on Thursday-launched a range of 4 new Premium Smart televisions starting at Rs 20,000. The screen sizes of the novel sets vary between 32-inch to...
Not sure if this is the right place for this, however, would anyone be able to suggest a manufacturer for flyback transformers here in India? Most flyback transformers are custom...
Since its birth, holograms have been extensively used to serve security systems and related purposes. The making of a hologram, dissecting it to pieces and again rejoining the blocks involves...
Most Stomach related operations or application of medication to a targeted area of the stomach is a very complex task and at times require surgery to achieve the desired results....