Moto G(3rd Gen):Improved Camera & Specs + Water Resistance For The Same Old Price

The Android smartphone that was responsible for ushering the era of mid-range high specifications smartphone revolution in India is back in a new avatar. In less than a year’s time, Motorola, now owned by Lenovo has launched the third iteration of Moto G. The Moto G (3rd Gen) goes up on sale at Flipkart from midnight. The Moto G (3rd Gen) is priced at Rs. 11,999 for the 8GB internal memory variant and doubling that will cost you Rs. 12,999. Motorola has for the first time made one of its phones water resistant. The Moto G (3rd Gen) is rated IPX7 which means that it has been designed to withstand immersion in up to 3 feet of fresh water for up to 30 minutes provided the back cover is properly sealed. We want to stress here that the Android Lollipop smartphone isn’t dust resistant.

Moto G (3rd Gen) White 1
Moto G (3rd Gen) White 2 Moto G (3rd Gen) White 3 Moto G (3rd Gen) White 4

The Moto G (3rd Gen) sports the same 5-inch 720p HD (1280 x 720) resolution display that is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and has a pixels per inch figure of 294ppi. Underneath the hood we get a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) chipset that houses a slightly powerful 1.4 GHz quad-core CPU, a 400MHz Adreno 306 GPU and 1 or 2 GB of RAM depending on whether you buy the Online Shopping India | Buy Mobiles, Electronics, Appliances, Clothing and More Online at Flipkart.com or Online Shopping India | Buy Mobiles, Electronics, Appliances, Clothing and More Online at Flipkart.com internal memory variant respectively. The selling point of the Moto G (3rd Gen) apart from its water resistance are its cameras. The 13 MP f/ 2.0 camera on the rear with CCT dual-LED flash can be launched by twisting your wrist and is able to capture full HD resolution videos. On the front we get a much larger 5MP sensor that will be more than enough for those selfies. The Moto G (3rd Gen) is powered by 2470 mAh battery that will be sufficient for a day or more depending on your usage.

Moto G (3rd Gen) Black 1
Moto G (3rd Gen) Black 2 Moto G (3rd Gen) Black 3

2nd Generation Moto G Arrives In India: Features, Tech Specs & Comparison With Moto G 2013., the Moto G (3rd Gen) is Dual-SIM capable and can also gobble up microSD cards of up to 32GB. The new addition in terms of connectivity apart from the usual Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB and Wi-Fi along with multi sensor GPS navigation is the presence of 4G LTE connectivity. Since Airtel 4G is now in Bangalore! has already launched 4G trials across many cities and Reliance Jio 4G Launch By December, Informs Mukesh Ambani will be taking over the country by the end of 2015 it was rather inevitable on Motorola’s part to include 4G which incidentally was already available on the cheaper Review: Moto E 2015 (2nd Gen) - A Pocket-Friendly Pure Android Experience. Motorola will be selling colourful shells and flip shells for the Moto G (3rd Gen) soon after the scheduled midnight launch today.

If you buy the Moto G (3rd Gen) at the earliest, Flipkart is throwing in a handful of freebies such as discount on other apps, free data on Airtel and a chance to win Moto 360 smartwatches for just Rs. 1. So will you buy the new phone as soon as possible or choose one from other Chinese brands? Let us know in the comment section below.

Replies

• ramssampangi
    ramssampangi
    Awesome phone.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Even if it says 5-inch screen in there, I have a feeling that in the photos it looks quite smaller. May be my eyes are deceiving me.

The price point seems fair. Those who use MOTO Gs will definitely vouch for the superior quality.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guyzz.. iam a final year bsc computer science student.. can anyone please suggest me some topics??
I have got CDAC chennai for DESD course...I am going there..Though i want to make up my mind for it..How is it?
My self Avijit Mondal ,a student of E.E. 7th sem from Asansol Engineering College.Now I am going to share my internship story with CrazyEngineers.com When I was at my 6th...
In their attempt to make the smartphones reach remote locations across the country, Panasonic India has come up with a new sub-Rs. 5000 Android smartphone called 'Love T10'. In fact,...
Samsung has announced a new folding phone, called the Samsung Galaxy Folder for the Korean markets. The design of the phone will take you back to 2005; when the Moto...