Moto E (2nd Gen) 4G LTE Variant Goes Up For Pre-Order On Flipkart For Rs. 7999

It’s finally here, the much awaited LTE variant of the most affordable Motorola offering. The Moto E (2nd Gen) LTE has been put up on the Flipkart website for pre-order. The Android Lollipop smartphone, now with LTE connectivity costs a grand more than its 3G cousin. The phone which will be sold in Black and White colour variants costs Rs. 7999. Unlike other members of the Motorola family, the Moto E (2nd Gen) LTE is the first phone that is going up for pre-order. Previous offerings from the now Lenovo owned company did not have a pre-order option. So what more do you get by paying a grand more? Let’s find out.

Moto E LTE 1
Moto E LTE 2 Moto E LTE 3 Moto E LTE 4

The biggest advantage of the LTE variant over the 3G variant, apart from the higher speed connection is the chipset. On the 3G variant you got a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset with a 1.2GHz quad-core CPU but on the LTE variant you get a rather new Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chipset with 1.2GHz quad-core CPU. So the obvious question you now might be asking is how does the CPU differ when it has the same processing speed? The answer is simple the CPU on the 410 is 64-bit one. Plus on the 4G variant you get an Adreno 306 GPU instead of an Adreno 302 GPU. While this information is made abundantly clear on the #-Link-Snipped-# website, there is some lingering confusion on the Online Shopping India | Buy Mobiles, Electronics, Appliances, Clothing and More Online at Flipkart.com comparison chart. We would like to point out that both SIM slots on the Moto E do not support LTE. The primary is responsible for LTE while the other handles GSM (not UMTS/3G).

Moto E LTE 5

Dissimilarities end with the chipset alone and rest is same with both the siblings. You get 1GB of RAM, 8 GB internal memory, support for microSD cards of up to 32GB, 2390 mAh battery, 5MP rear and VGA front sensor and 4.5inch qHD (540x960) resolution display with 245 ppi pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection with added anti-smudge coating. There are a couple of attractive launch offers such as heavily discounted Class 4 8GB microSD card from Transcend, 100% cashback for 200 lucky customers and 6 months of unlimited music downloads with Saavn Pro.

For more details you can read out coverage on the Motorola Announces Moto E (2nd Gen): Quad-Core Processor, LTE & Android Lollipop For $150, our review of Review: Moto E 2015 (2nd Gen) - A Pocket-Friendly Pure Android Experience and the product description on the Online Shopping India | Buy Mobiles, Electronics, Appliances, Clothing and More Online at Flipkart.com website.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In solid state devices, the study of electron's spin manipulated by both magnetic and electric fields is known as Spintronics or Spin Electronics. This technology is already being used to...
My bike has took me some 25,000 kms. I have seen many cuts in my vehicle's rear tyre. I was suggested to change it due to regular punctures. Unfortunately, manufacturer...
Mumbai-based company iBall has a good collection of Android phones under its Andi series. The newest addition to the iBall Andi series is a new Dual SIM phone that supports...
When it comes to the topic of quantum computing, the world is mesmerized at the moment. As researchers steadily share their research work one after the other, the picture is...
name: vignesh occupation: student branch: electrical and electronics engineering hobbies: to explore science and apply it to make miracles I joined crazy engineers because: I thought this was a fun...