Moto 360 In India Via Flipkart - Price / Availability ?

Motorola Moto 360 smartwatch is coming to India via Flipkart. As of now Flipkart's got an official page for the Moto 360: #-Link-Snipped-#!. There's no confirmation of the launch date or the price of Moto 360 in India; but I'm guessing it's likely to be in the Rs. 10-15k range. In the US the watch is available for $249 and hence my guess is that moto guys will keep the price in 10-15k range. As of now, you can subscribe to receive notification whenever the smartwatch launches.

Several blogs are hinting at a possible launch of the smartwatch in the first week of October. Though pricey - I think the watch is going to be totally worth it - because it's the only great looking smartwatch available in the market - better than Apple Watch!

Moto360-flipkart-india

Few things worth noting about the moto 360:
  • It vibrates to notify you of the calls, text messages etc.
  • It's got a nice 1.56 inch, round display with 205 ppi & gorilla glass 3.
  • It responds to voice - via Google's voice recognition system
  • It's got a built-in heart rate monitor
  • It connects with your smartphone via bluetooth 4.0. I'm not sure if it requires any specific version of Android to be able to connect.
  • It's got 4GB of internal storage; and 512 MB of RAM. Should be enough for most of the tasks.
  • It's IP67 certified; which means it can resist water to a depth of 1m for about 30 minutes. I however it'd be an incredibly bad idea to drop this watch in a bucket full of water.
The only negative thing, it seems, is that presence of a small 'bench' at the bottom of the screen that cuts it.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, how many of you think the watch is worth Rs. 10-15k (estimated price)?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I bought one of the first watches made by HMT. I got the Pilot model (Black dial and radium illumination, then available only through the aeronautical connections) two years later, followed by various designer watches presented by various people as well as a prized vintage Omega Seamaster (hand wound) still in perfect condition.
    All of them stashed away beyond sight and a bare wrist because we are bombarded by time info from diverse gadgets all the time.

I know that this one does all sorts of things and (as the Tata ad declares 'We also make steel') tells time also. IT is very smart. I am not.

So for once I shall be smart and pass on this.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its definitely overpriced for its specs and features
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Its definitely overpriced for its specs and features
    It is slightly - given the total utility of the gadget. It scores quite well in terms of 'coolness' factor, I guess. You can get a pretty cool branded watch for the price.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    There are many things to like about the Moto G. The smartwatch unlike Samsung’s smartwatches is capable of being paired with any smartphone running Android KitKat. The round shape and variants list are its USP and it is moderately priced considering its competition. The only question here is will it be sold as fashion/status symbol or it shall have some substantial use in people’s life. For example most Indians would refrain from talking to it in public.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It is slightly - given the total utility of the gadget. It scores quite well in terms of 'coolness' factor, I guess. You can get a pretty cool branded watch for the price.
    Digital watches were a fancy piece during school days. Now i am more inclined to analog watches especially traditional watches. It gives me some raw feel.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The official price is Rs. 17,999. Who here thinks that it's way too much? ☕
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    After a long wait, the Moto 360 is now available on Flipkart.
    Here's a link - #-Link-Snipped-#
    The reviews on that portal look great.
    Anyone here saving up to buy the smartwatch?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of my collegue have a working experience of 3 years in java. Currently i am working on Java with Struts, JSP, Servlets. Prior experience of Android as well. Now,...
Congratulations buddy, @Aditya Deshmukh. My Infosys interview experience was too somewhat similar. I had mentioned about CE in my resume and my interviewer was already thorough with it when I...
I am in 2nd year of my Btech IT from IPU. Can you suggest me best books which covers most of the subjects/topics in this IT and books which are...
hai frnds.i need a small help am dng zigbee based proj so pls help me on that.
If you have been closely following the growth of Notion Ink tablets, you probably remember that the sales of Notion Ink Adam (launched in 2010) never took off and its...