MOST Work measurement systems - A handy Work measurement tool for Industrial Engineers

MOST is the accronym for Maynards Operation Sequence technique. It is a system of Pre determined motion time standard. Developed in 1967by Kjell Zandin and HB Maynard, it has been renamed as the managerial Operation sequence technique after Accenture took over the HB Maynard Company. This technique is based on the Common basic movements of objects.

How and Why is MOST preferred over the stop watch time study in most of the industries today.

The operator rating factor is eliminated, the study is consistent, it helps to study the activity rather than the person doing the activity and it can forecast for future operation. It also is more accurate than the traditional stop watch time study...

Todays discussion is then why do colleges do not provide a detailed subject related to this effective tool in Industrial Engineering... Is Time study using stop watch still relevant in today's world of manufacturing??

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which branch of Engineering should I join ? is a very relevant and important question that a student in 12th class asks me.... and I always end up Saying "Industrial...
Simple ideas - https://www.dumpaday.com/genius-ideas-2/simple-ideas-borderline-genius-35-pics-2/
Hola CEans, Let us bring back the Weekend Debate competitions. Every Sunday, on a pre-decided time - we shall all gather on CrazyEngineers to enter the debate competition. The topic...
WHICH IS MORE SUITABLE FOR STRUCTURAL FABRICATION WORK, ALUMINIUM SCAFFOLDING? OR, STEEL SCAFFOLDING?
Finally, the much-awaited KYCEan interviews are back! I am happy to see the excitement in you guys about the KYCEan series. I am glad to introduce you to my first...