Most Authentic & Unbiased News Channel In India?

Indian News channels have became cheap entertainment channels and show any kind of news that can only appeal to the below 10 IQ people. This calls for a poll on which news channel do CEans think is the most authentic and unbiased news channel in India?

I'm not adding poll as I'm not clear about the options. In my opinion, Times Now is one of the best channels with not crappy news.

You may report regional channels as well.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Times Now is really an incredible channel. They are doing a great job in bringing out non-tampered, true news to the viewers. I hope that they don't get bought by some political party. (or may be they already are 😐 )
    In Marathi, I think 'Star-majha' gives good news. Then there is IBN Lokmat. I don't have an idea about their authenticity though.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The 'Lokmat', in my opinion is influenced by Congress. Their founder has connections with Congress party officials. Not sure about this though 😐
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i thought CNNIBN was good in reporting news 😐
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Yes CNN IBN is the best in my opinion.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I wonder if people still think that 'Times Now' is the most unbiased news channel in India. It is heavily dependent on Arnab Goswami for its popularity.
    CNN-IBN seems to be a comparatively professional.
    NDTV is biased towards UPA/Congress, same goes for ABP.

I would rely on DD news because they show the facts as they are, unaltered. However, since it is controlled by the state, that's the only thing you see there. Then there's also -Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV that one can trust for facts.

I haven;t watched Zee News and India TV (which some say is biased towards BJP thanks to Rajat Sharma). How is News Nation, NewsX,ETNow and News 24? Anyone folllowing these?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I stopped watching news channels exclusively unless I want some entertainment.
    Every news channel is converting to "debate" hosting with a propaganda and suck at everything.
    I only watch news channel in morning for quick top 20/100 or any fastest news on earth, just to get a idea what's going on.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

There cannot be an unbiased news channel!

Frankly speaking, there cannot be a totally unbiased news source anywhere in the world. The news business needs money to keep its reporting live and pay the reporters. Because the readers are not willing to pay for the news content, news publications have to rely on advertisements.

The advertisers, may have their own agenda. The biggest advertisers often are government or mega corporates that are associated with political parties in India. 

There were hopes from the social media; however it's being run by those who can manipulate the messages being conveyed. 

Trust me, unless the news publications add their own salt and pepper to the news - no one would really want to read the news or even view the news. 

News runs on the basic human emotion - 'fear' or 'excitement'. If you notice any headline - it will either make you excited or instill fear of some kind. The same goes for all the advertisements as well. 

I personally watch news channels ONLY when there's mega election coming up. Otherwise, it's all regular crap being aird 24x7. 

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

I think none, but #-Link-Snipped-# Is this thread started today? If yes thats fine , but if not why I see today's date in the first post? and I dont see dates for any of subsequent replies?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

The dates reflect the time at which discussions was updated. We found out that there's no point in keeping the 'thread start' date. Instead, we only note the time it was last updated. 

• Veer Kumar
    Veer Kumar

Just follow anshul saxena on Twitter and Facebook, he is unbiased  , everyone follows him. He is very active in India

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Teacherji.in is a Bangaluru based startup with a list of coaching classes and training institutes in India. You can sign up as a regular user or a coaching class tutor...
I have heard that effectively any score of above 700 in quantitative and any score above 550 in verbal is good enough to be at least considered by some of...
GMAC plans to make big changes to GMAT exam from 2012. Overall the exams timing is retained the same in spite of addition of new integrated reasoning section. This new...
Today I crossed the 4K Posts on CE. 😒 I don't know how many of them are useful but i am always trying my best to make CE better and...
Green Engineering is a topic that is trending in almost all fields of society. Engineers can be the pivots in revolutionizing the whole scenario. While thinking about this topic, I...