Mobile 10X - An IAMAI Initiative Aims To Make India App Development Superpower

Mobile 10X is the latest initiative by the Internet And Mobile Association Of India (IAMAI); that aims to make India a global superpower in mobile app development. The main aim of Mobile 10X is to boost the mobile app development ecosystem in India from about current 50,000 developers to about 5,00,000 in the next five years. The initiative has already received support from Google India and PayTM as founding partners of the program.

At present, the mobile app segment revenue stands at about Rs. 1000 crore. IAMAI hopes to boost it to about 10,000 crores in the next few years. Google India's MD and an active investor Mr. Rajan Anandan informed reporters that India is on the verge of 'Apps Revolution'. The country already has about 200+ million users who use Internet over mobile phones and about 130 million users who consume content in their local language. He expects that the growth in the app development domain is going to be exponential.

Mr. Anandan believes that the Mobile 10X initiative will play a crucial role in this initiative by acting as a mentor. He further added that it will not act as a funding or incubation platform for app developers.

Mobile-10X-IAMAI-App-Development-India

IAMAI will setup about five mobile startup hubs at strategic locations within the country in the next five years. First center has already been set up at Bangalore, informed IAMAI president Subho Ray. The body is now exploring various options in cities like Hyderabad, Indore, Pune, Mumbai and Jaipur.

These hubs will be equipped with a testing lab, a design lab along with co-working spaces. The developers will be allowed to work for free and the costs will be borne by the founding members.

The Mobile 10X initiative will also look after the training of engineering students on both Android and iOS platforms. It will also provide online mentoring from experts in the domain and facilitate industry-investor connect.

Nishant Rao, head of LinkedIn India said that the app developer community in India is already growing at a fast pace and initiative like Mobile 10X will help strengthen the developer base in India.

We look forward to views and opinions from our fellow engineers about this new IAMAI initiative. What do you think are the necessary steps that IAMAI will have to take to ensure that it achieves its objectives? We look forward to your responses.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The mid-range smartphone market in India has got a worthy addition in form of the Intex Aqua Ace. The Intex Aqua Ace offers all the things you want from a...
As companies across the world become more and more interested in connecting their employees with cloud-based collaboration technologies, India isn't lagging behind and has recently launched 3 data centres in...
Since its establishment back in 1962, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has come a long way to establish itself as a world leader in space exploration. With all its...
Is there any way to get rid of the confirmation dialog that appears every time I turn off my mobile data connection? I am aware that it's actually nice; but...
I remember the time a friend showed me that she had installed the Shazam app on her smartphone. We were at the billing counter in a mall and a song...